Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Who is My Jesus? Blog #2 El Roi and Personal




I want to share in a series of some blogs... WHO my Jesus is! 

  This one particular Sunday morning, last  February,  as I was holding SJ,  and praying for a dear one that I had had, another conversation with because she doesn't see eye to eye with me about Jesus and His dying for my sins-- I worshiped and  music took me to HIS throne!!

 I heard Holy Spirit remind me, 'tell her of WHO I am to  you'.    So, this series of blogs has started -- Who is Jesus to me?  Whom is Jesus to you?  


I am writing this today - Saturday, February 20, 2021.  

Today, 5 different people came to my mind  over and over as I enjoyed a Saturday. 

  A cycle ride, visits from a dear son and his bride, a  bridal brunch, laundry, spider relocations, and EZLynx, as well as other things occupied this Saturday.  

 Do you ever find enough time in a Saturday to accomplish everything that you 'put off' until Saturday. ?   

Me?  No.  

But most Saturdays,  I seem to manage and get ONE LAST thing done before crawling into bed and then leave the rest for the NEXT Saturday and feel accomplished!   

Today, in my prayer and conversation time with God, five different people kept coming to mind. 

 I wanted several  of them  to experience my Jesus as their El Roi.  

 I knew one of them was actually with Jesus, and I wanted the other  to have a fresh revelation of Jesus in her  hard season. 

El Roi  is Hebrew for the "God who sees me". 

For me -- THAT is personal.  One of the most awesome experiences is when you know that you know - God DOES see you and brings you or gives you something to affirm your pain...your happiness... your situation....or just fills your being with peace.  

When you know that He sees YOU -- it brings a level of faith that you want to experience over and over.  

When you KNOW that HE sees you -- you are NOT so needy of others.  And... you are different.  

Does that make sense?  I pray it does.  If not, I pray it will. 

  In this series of blogs - my heart is to share WHOM Jesus is to me.  

He is the God who sees me.   El Roi. 

When SJ  yells, "Mimi" or "G-Man", you know it. 

 You can hear her.  

When Ava was little, she'd scream and it would drag out, "MEEEE MEEE" - again, when she saw you, there was a BIG rush of sweetness. 

 When you see a  friend or loved one after being absent from their presence for a time period - you and I know both HOW wonderful it feels to SEE them.   

There have been times when I have wanted to disappear. 

 As a child, when I was in trouble or when I was feeling neglected, I would often run away to the woods.  I would lay down in some hay, and fall asleep until the mosquitos or some bug awoke me.

  I would look around and walk back home.  Most times, I wasn't missed.  Or at least, I felt I wasn't missed. 

 I laugh about this at times, now, as an adult -- and I think of today's world. 

 THERE is no way that one of my grand kids could just walk away and me not notice. 

 Mind you - I grew up on a farm  and there was much activity... and  in a different time period... back then, kids did play outside and had, maybe a little more freedom than I would allow SJ or Ava today. 

 And, I did have a sweet childhood -- this is NOT a cut on my upbringing.  But, as I grew, and experienced circumstances, that is one area the enemy would go and whisper back at me, "see, you were never noticed  as a kid,  you were not wanted, why would you think you are wanted now?"   

The enemy is a Liar. 

Mind you -- I was never told this, and I was raised where I knew I was loved.  It is just - the enemy is a LIAR.  

So often I think..."if the enemy can tempt me at times with these lies and I DID have a good thought life as a kid, then oh my oh my, these poor people who were neglected and abused, and forgotten!"  

 However, he  ( the enemy ) has watched you and me for a LONG time and knows exactly what to whisper....  

Anyway, back to being SEEN.  

As an adult, there have been many times I have wanted to disappear again.  And again, in some of those times -- I was not missed.  I have been in a season where I felt NO one cared to pay attention.  I have also been in a season where I was so ugly in my flesh and in my head, that  I wanted to disappear and not be found and no one really came to find me because I was so 'ugly'.  

But God.   

I told you I was thinking of some precious people today - and praying.  Some of those women, do not believe that God sees them.  They have not had a revelation that Jesus loves them....YET.  I prayed that within their circumstances, they would FEEL HIM  and believe what we have prayed ....that He is a God who sees them.  Sees her.  

A few others of those precious people know exactly WHO Jesus is to them.   I prayed today, that in their hard seasons, they would be reminded that God knows exactly what has transpired and what will come forth - and that they would NOT give up until the freedom comes and/or until there is beauty from the ashes.  

 And one of those precious people -- lives in my  memory --  and I know he is experiencing God as El Roi  as I type.  And he sees God -- as I believe He and Jesus are with Him. 

That precious one is my Grandpa. 

 Well, he is the Grandpa of my husband, but I adopted him as mine - over 30 years ago.  

One of the first times I met Rev. Edwin Ziemann, he pulled me into the front room, sat me down, and asked me quite quickly and frankly -- "did I know Jesus as my Savior?"   That was a conversation that caught me by surprise but, I was  always so grateful he did.  I was only about .... 17. 

I wonder and think back the people that have come into my home -- would I have the boldness to ask, "what is your relationship with Jesus?"  

Praise God my two kids have mates and they adore God and seek HIM - but, Grandpa, that day -- was just being his evangelistic self.  He wanted to know if this young girl that his grandson seemed to be infatuated with -- knew Jesus.  


 In Heaven, if they celebrate birthdays, Edwin, Grandpa Africa is 104 years YOUNG!  

God is the God who sees.  

My Jesus is God. 

I believe God placed those 5 precious souls in my mind and heart today.  Grandpa didn't need prayer, but the other 4 did. 

 Why - cause HE is the God who sees, and I know that my prayers and intercession was important. 

 And as I prayed, I claimed victory over the enemy.  And, even though I may not get to see the fruit of my prayers, I know that my prayers were heard.  

My Jesus is El Roi.  He sees me.  

In the last 12-15 years, there have been many occasions and situations where I was hurt, or scared, and Jesus met me each time. 

 Sometimes, it was through another's words or presence. 

Other times it was during prayer, or in reading God's Written Letter.  The Bible. 

 And even other times, it was a dear friend - reaching out to remind me of HIS character and HOW Good HE is.  

And a few times, it was a weird blog, something I read, or a stranger just smiling at me in a store -- where I knew that  I knew - God was speaking to me.  

El Roi comes from the story of Haggar in Genesis - where, her prayers are heard and she knows that God saw her plight.  


God sees us.


I believe you were drawn to this blog tonight, because God wanted me to remind you - HE sees you.  

He sees your pain, He knows your hurt, and HE won't fail you.  

 I will end with this - 

Lord, for those reading this, for the ones that I prayed for today and for those YOU will lead me to tomorrow..... may they SEE you.  

May they seek you and I know that I know - YOU will be right there. 

 As Your Word says, "my sheep, hear my voice".  God I pray the one...the one that disagrees with me - would SEE you , the REAL you , even as I close this blog. 

 And I give you the praise and the honor - Lord, thank you.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!