Saturday, March 5, 2011

coming FULL Circle

What a blessing, what a tremendous day . . What a sweet sweet memory and gift I was given today. Thank you Lord!

About 11 years ago, we began a journey -- Brendan and I . .traveling on weekends with a girl and a very young and rambunctious son . . to different locations each weekend in the Months of January, February and March . . .Volleyball......Club Volleyball ............... Big Lake Juniors......

HP always needed entertainment, so he always had his hand held PS 2 . or something like that, and there was a soccer ball in the trunk, and a cooler with juice boxes and snacks. Brendan and I would take turns driving - sometimes it was Tampa, other times Orlando. Our favorite trips would be the 2 day tournaments where we had packed up, spent the money and THEN watch a win. . . however, they were few in the beginning. ...wins I mean at the beginning. And we watched a girl that loved the game and had potential but a bit awkward. About 11 years ago, the memories began.

I remember laughing and reading with Laura McCall.
I remember HP and Josh McCall running around the Milk House at Disney.
I remember Brendan having to take HP outside at the Disney Complex so he could run around .. he was a bit hyper. And he would kick that soccer ball around!
I remember Subway -- and more Subway and then .. . a family dinner at a restaurant. To this day, Taylor does not like Subway.
I remember 5am wake up calls to leave by 6am to be on the court by 9am . . .hours away.
I remember many laughs, sore throats froms screaming, and those chairs. . . .those chairs.
I remember falling asleep many times in a gym with screaming parents, players, and others.
I remember 'stupid' calls .. 'lifts' and other such things.
I remember DRAMA. h the Drama between the girls .. the players. . Girls .. are full of drama.
But Taylor, usually remained drama free, she just had to deal with it.
I remember the bathrooms .. . with no toliet paper.
I remember disgusting restrooms with awful smells. And I remember countless bathrooms without toilet paper.

There is this one facility in Rockledge .. that .. well, I think Cathie Carpenter and I brought our own toliet paper one time . ... .
I remember getting lost and we did not have a GPS system.
I remember getting mad at the coach . .and then . loving him to pieces.
I remember the 'smell' of the gym.
I remember the 'coldness' of some of the places we played. And then the soccer blankets or Gator blankets.
I remember when I had to drive to Jax for the first time by myself . . .and I hated driving. . as Brendan had to be home that weekend -- maybe soccer had started for HP .. but, I did it -- drove all the way there and back .. . without getting the painful .. I have to sleep ..woes . in the car.

I remember many of her team mates. . and their parents and how we would laugh, complain, and cheer.
I remember the concession stands. .. .and the wearable stuff to purchase . .. and then there was that tournament at the fair grounds. . .
And I remember the tremendous amount of dedication . ..on Taylor's part and our part.

All good memories .. .

But NOTHING .. .like today.

Today I came full circle. I only wish Brendan would of been there to enjoy it too -- Taylor invited me to drive with her to Lakewood Ranch . .as she coached her club volleyball team. Brendan was going to come and watch her coach but it was a 2.2 hour drive . and her Honda Civic seats 2 long legged people comfortably . 3 long legged people . . .I would of been stuck in the back and sitting in that gym from 1pm - 8pm . . I can hear Brendan say "I been there, done, that, and I will come and watch a tournament that is a bit closer!" And I can't blame him. If I did not have a sweet book to read I too would of thought twice.
(As one gets older .. we tend to really spend our time wisely and riding in a car for that length of time now sort of upsets the bones.)

Anyway, like I said - Full Circle.

I walked into the gym, the Petrik Auditorium and set up my chair. The very place I watched Taylor play maybe 2-3 times. The very place we brought HP to play soccer a few times. Full Circle, it was the most outstanding outstanding and tremendous blessing. Can you tell I was pleased? Just that little happiness ... you sort of get a little snip it of how God must delight and enjoy us . .. when we come full circle.

Then again, that is hard to imagine. How glorious God can feel . . yet, it is cool to know that he happiness I felt was no comparison to the delight HE gets from us.


I was the passenger. I tagged along as she got herself a sub and soda and then emptied out the car with the v-balls and got her team of 12Pink BLJuniors . ready.

I was so so tickled .. She has Brendan's quick witt and stern voice -- "do this, and get going on that" And she has little patience for drama; therfore, puts up with no drama -- that is from Brendan.
She also has compassion and sweetness and knows exactly what to say to them. I will take credit for that. She loves the game of volleyball.

I sat in one of those chairs . . and watched, read, cheered, enjoyed sweet company with a friend I had not seen in a bit and just enjoyed a blessing today. It had come full circle. What a blessing it was. Thank you Lord.

You do delight us.
You Lord, have great and mighty plans for us.

I can't help but think of the verse in Galations about the hard work 6.9 . .brings forth fruit and rewards. . can't think of it. Oh wait - let me check my phone . .. I can just look it up.

I believe God may of had a different purpose for this verse but it spoke to me. As it says:
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. . ..

WE did not give up -- we pressed on and enjoyed every vollley ball season. Some seasons were seasons of winning and other . . losses.. some with major drama and other years, maturity! Taylor has not given up, she continues to love the sport . and maybe this is not the perfect illustration for this verse, but it touched me .. . ..

We should not give up on stuff . . .practice ..hard work .. does pay off. Loving your kids . .showing them God's grace and bringing them up to Love our Lord .. brings a great reward.

I was so proud of her today - I was so proud of her today.
This blessed me so.

Taylor, you are a mighty woman of God who is a great role model for all around you - including me .. but those girls . their lives will forever be changed because you gave of yourself.

Thank you for inviting me today - I had one of the MOST glorious days. I did. I really did.

It has come full circle.
Lord, I have come full circle in the recent week too -- thank you for waiting for me.
Thank you for giving me this blessing .. .waiting on it was illustrated to me, If we had not been the wait . . this day with Taylor would not of been as sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Note to Michelle - you really need to write when you are not extrememly tired . .and/or then edit it. Now - figure out 'how' to edit this and fix it.
    Note to Michelle's brain -- "OK" "I will, but I think those who read it will get the message and ignore the mistakes and read between the lines." "And besides . . I am free now -- not too much will bother me!!"
    Note to Michelle -- "oh yes, I remember! You are free, guess I should just leave you be"
    Note to Michelle's brain: "yes,the stinkin thinking is GONE!".

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!