Monday, March 28, 2011

love song to a Savior . . . .


















Love is a funny word. I mean people make movies about it. It is the 'center' of our world and then there is that word that God is love. I mean - HE is the ultimate definition of Love - Isn't HE? So, in the past few years . . .this word has been in my head, my heart, my thoughts and in my prayer life .. I mean - what is love? What does love look like? And at the bottom of it all -- I realized something very important -- I did not - or I was not "in Love" with my God. I mean - I understood what was done for me at Calvary -- but, to be IN LOVE with my Lord. Well, that has changed. And today it is time to blog about it . . God's timing is so perfect -- today when I turned on my xm radio, I was blessed again, as usual, but today -- this song was on.





BEFORE I share about the song . .I must state that is was raining CATS and DOGS today and I was headed to the Circle K to get grandma coffee. . . . . . The photo is of last August and she does not look too good there - but now she is in the Nursing home and each day, to see her and her smile is a treat . . . She is trying to 'walk' again and each day, I see strength. But here is a woman who dedicated her life to Christ and was a missionary in Ghana .. and now . .she relies on the help of others to get all of her nourishment, interaction, and needs. She is like a baby again, she has come full circle and the joy I get in bringing her coffee. . and when she called - "I love you daring" .. .it meant the world to me. I love her greatly .. like she was my own grandma -- I mean she is my grandma in law . but, I will claim her. God used her today - to remind me of how far I have come. Praise HIM.





Now back to the song:


This song --- is Love Song to a Savior by Jars of Clay - it is an old song ..like back from 1989 . .old . .really, yet today -- it was playing. Is that not God or what? That is God. I have this song practically memorized and yet - it was a very real song as I would sing it years ago and know - 'just enough to call you Savior - not enough to call you God' . .that was me. As I said - that was me. Now- today, I am in Love with my Lord, this song - has a whole new meaning .. .not sure I have heard it in the past 3-4 months .. so today - was HIS timing. Here are the lyrics:




In open fields of wild flowers,

she breathes the air and flies away

She thanks her Jesus for the daises and the roses in no simple language Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all


He is more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens

As close as a heartbeat or a a song on her lips

Someday she'll trust Him and learn how to see Him

Someday He'll call her and she will come running

and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray . .


I want to fall in love with You


Sitting silent wearing Sunday best

The sermon echoes through the walls

A great salvation through it calls

to the people who stare into nowhere,

and can't feel the chains on their souls


It seems too easy to call you "savior",

Not close enough to call yo "God"

So as I sit and think of words I can mention

to show my devotion.


I want to fall in Love with You



WOW -- I mean - I could of written this song. Those chains . .there are still ones around me so full of chains. They can't even feel it. Through life's circumstances, through heartache, and just living . .that song is now a LOVE song to my Savior who is my God. I am in love with HIM. wow. I want that for each and everyone one of my family and extended circle of friends. And, I want that for total strangers . .as God wants that -- that is the weirdest thing -- as before I would of never thought of that - nor wanted or cared about others . .unless for some reason I wanted too. How sad - I mean -- what shame --?? Hugh -- no, no longer any shame being felt here - that was my past. He has forgiven me. It is gone. The chains are gone -- I can 'see' it . .and it has forever changed me but the enemy will not use it to defeat me. I am made new in HIM.


AND -- today -- I got to thinking about some other ways that I know I love others . .and that I show others. .

and they show me that I am loved . . . .

cause . .. . . the list would go as this . .

-cause of the constant prayer for them

- cause of the belief that they too can be free

- cause of the 'battling' with the rain to take one a small cup of hot coffee and kiss her face

-cause of my heart and its forgiveness that GOD had done with me

-cause of the joy in my heart -cause of the peace in my heart

-cause I just know I am in the Center of HIS will

-cause of the WANTING to pray -cause of the answered prayer

-cause of the smiles

-cause of how God is using me -cause I believe in HIS word and claim it instead of the enemy's lies .


THERE are more reasons why I know I love my Lord now -- and love others -- some more unconditionally than others. .And I love the lost and hurtful ones .. I do. I mean - I don't plan on sending them flowers . .ha ha ha . .but, I will pray. I will pray for the ones in my future that will hurt and harm my family . . .I will pray for those who persecute me . . as it is not me they get offended by but Christ in me . .as that is my 'job' . the great commission .. to share HIS love. Lord, I am in Love with you - and in awe that you waiting this LONG for me .. . so I will wait for the others . .amen. Your priceless princess -- michelle


Do you want to love HIM as your God?


Are you in Love with HIM, if not - ask.


Matthew 7. 7-8

Ask and it will be given to you: seek and you will find, knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks, it will be opened.


Don't wait until God allows some pain in your life to get your attention, ask HIM to be your true love and hero now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!