Tuesday, July 31, 2012

bitterness....only HE can heal

 In working on a bible study this eve, I came across something that Beth Moore writes and so I just had to copy, cut and paste - 






She writes: Bitterness is spiritual cancer, a rapidly-growing malignancy that can consume your life. After it consumes the soul, it begins to eat away at the body. It is so contagious that we can pass it to our children, who are often oblivious to the source of their bitterness. No amount of distractions or busywork--not even church work -- can treat this spiritual disease. Countless Christians mask their pain with unceasing activity. bitterness cannot be ignored but must be healed at the very core, and only Christ can heal bitterness. No one can do it for you, and no one can tell you exactly what is required for your healing. Others can direct you to Jesus, but you must show up for your appointments. His ultimate goal is not simply for you to be healed but for you to meet the Healer. -- wow - hugh? Wow!


Praise God that bitterness had not STRUCK me, it could of, I have wrestled with it but today, I was thinking of another and this really spoke to me.  However, she has been directed to Jesus and so, the Lord who put the stars in the heaven, is BIG enough but I wanted to post this for my sake as well.......


For whenever, if this bitterness wants to come back for a stay  - I will have the reminder of some real truth.  


God brought the people out of Egypt and lead them through the Red Sea and still ..they were bitter...it was still not good enough.  


Lord, may I never be that way, YOUR will is NOT a penalty.  


God wins.  The people complained to Moses and he prayed and added a piece of wood to the water at Marah and then they could drink it.  After a 'piece of the cross'...a piece of a tree soaked up the bitterness and the sweet water was left.  Jesus, thank you for taking it to the cross and taking our bitterness, and leaving us sweet....




- thank you Lord, amen.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!