Monday, May 2, 2011

an historic day . . . . Bin Laden . . dead ..

What a day -- to stop and think about the 'end' of this era and yet we are still in 'war' times. I remember that day -- September 11th. I had taken my students to Computer Lab. The lady there was in tears, as her son was in the military and she had been alerted to turn on the news.

Was it the end of the world?

I walked to the office where my Principal quickly had the Media Center turn 'off' the news access and I walked to a TV - away from kids. And I watched .. I actually saw the 2nd plane hit right on the TODAY show. And I sat there - asking? Was it the end?

I called Brendan and asked, what he thought -- I don't remember what he said, I remember I was not 'very comforted' by his response but I was not upset either. It was a time to pray.

Was this the end. And for the next few days, we lived by the TV.

I can see what I was wearing -- my blue, long jumper from Talbots with a white crisp shirt under it . .that was one of my 'favorite' teacher jumpers .

Anyway, today was an historic day.

It is hard to 'celebrate' a death. Some feel justice was served. There may or may not be some closure now.

It seems funny that a few days ago the military was getting its budget slashed . .and yet . . how much was spent for this event.

God knows.

I can't say I am 'happy' that a man entered hell and I do believe that is where he went. But, now there will be something else to talk and chat about.

One person posted on FBook that hell got a little hotter today -- interesting.

I know one thing - I am not going there.

What an historic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!