Saturday, June 18, 2011

a blessing to pumpkin . . . . .


Dear Lord, thank you -- for Pumpkin and his family. He has the most wonderful mother and her name is Brooke but you know that. And he has this really neat dad and his name is Jason. . but you know that too. So why am I repeating this - cause I need to. I just want to thank you and then bless that little man with blessing . . . .a blessing for his future.

Lord, thank you for Brooke. I have watched her these past 5-6 years and I have gotten to watch a woman who fell in love with you and then, it spilled over into others. She is so much fun. She has the best smile and she is so positive and she has a nic name -- Miss Sunshine. She quickly fit into our school and joined the 'gang' of us and quickly became a life long friend. Lord, I thank you for her willingness to do whatever is needed - like making a hallway into a Haunted House at the Carnival to passing around the BEST idea in a scrap book for Blair's wedding shower. Again, she is just a wonderful women who loves you. Lord, I will never forget the day, she revealed that Pastor James said, "she reminded him of me" .. funny - most times when we 'see' our qualities in others, we get weirded out or get frustrated, when I 'see' me in her - it blesses me. Thanks. And Lord, now, she is headed to South Dakota. . can you hear my 'midwestern don't ya know slang' on that? She is headed to South DaaaKOOOta. . and she will be closer to her family there but not with her family here. I thank you for her and what she brought to Central and to my life . thank you. Lord, bless her with a new job and a new adventure there with her family. Lord, help her to quickly find a church home and get plugged in and bless her friends that they will be able to save up and visit her often - including me. I have always wanted to go to South Dakota. well, may not always, but NOW I do.

Lord, bless Jason as the head of that house -- that he in his new job will have plenty of time to be the dad little pumpkin needs and wants. Lord, help him to grow deeper in his walk with you so that pumpkin will have the BEST dad he can have and so that he can learn about YOU through his dad -- as you planned it. I will never forget how he was the 'coolest' Kindergarten teacher . . I. .mean . .who can teach Kindergarten and still speak straight? He can and did. Lord, again, bless all the people around him so that they can be a help to him as he raises pumpkin. And Lord, I thank you for the love he brings Brooke!

And now for pumpkin .. .as you can see, he is already blessed with good looks -- what a 'gerber' baby he is. But I thank you mostly for the miracle of his birth. Lord, at a time when YOU knew I needed a miracle - YOU provided. I will never forget the night Brooke sat on my couch and we shared our hearts and we prayed to you for that baby -- for his health, and for each little thing, we trusted you considering all the fuss and drama that surrounded his 'gestational' period. And Lord, YOU answered. YOU did in a big and mighty way. What a perfect young little being -- YOURS, YOU have great plans for him.

Lord, bless that little one, with great health, a long life, and a passion and hunger for you that will start when he begins to speak. Lord, I pray he will never have to deal with the pain or frustrations that go with drugs and so forth - shield him LORD. And Lord, bless him with a sister or brother, when the timing is right. Lord, I pray he will grow in wisdom and in stature with a desire to seek YOU and learn about you, daily. Lord, I pray right now for his future bride, if you should tarry Lord, begin to prepare her with her parents, that they would stay strong and fight to seek you in all times. Lord, that when pumpkin is ready to meet her, he will know and their lives will continue the great commission -- to share you with the lost. Lord, I pray that both Brooke and Jason will guard their home and not allow the Enemy to get in and distract or get a foothold into their lives. Lord, guard little pumpkin's head too from the world that is evil, let him have a compassion for the ones around him and may he truly see you in everything. Lord, I also bless him with a desire to serve others and share your message. I pray all of this and I thank you for the memory of Brooke's pregnancy -- and her pumpkin (well, jason too). I will forever believe in prayer because of many things, and this is one of them. I am repeating myself now, but that day, on our couch and then the miracle of his birth was one of those turning points or miracle markers in my spiritual walk with you Lord. To know when to pray and to believe in healing is a mighty thing. Thank you for bringing home a miracle in pumpkin.

Pumpkin - I will see you again, grow strong and enjoy your 'cooler' summer in South Dakota!

Your "nana michelle"

I love you -- but God loves you even more.
Jerm. 29.11
Prov. 3: 4-6
Psalm 139.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!