Wednesday, June 15, 2011

remembering to forget . .I have forgotten. . . .









Oh ---this was too too too good to pass up as it spoke VOLUMES to me today . . . .



(This is coming from Sharon Jaynes, but . .towards the end . .it is me that is talking . . thank you Lord, for using other Godly women to minister, may this post minister to another in need. . . )



Forgetting what is behind and straining forward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus (phil 3.13, 14, NIV)





From Sharon: As humans, we tend to remember what we need to forget and forget what we need to remember. God on the other hand, forgets what He promises to forget and remembers what HE promises to remember. God said, "their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more" Hebrews 10.17




Paul tells us one of the secrets to his success as a Christian and in life . . ."But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" (phil 3.13, 14)





There are many events in the Bible that begin with the words "God remembered". God remembered Noah in Genesis 8.1 and He remembered Abraham in Genesis 19.29 and God remembered Rachel in Genesis 30.22 and God heard their growning and remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob in Exodus 2.24. In each incident, God's remembering meant that HE was about to do something -- God was about to act.




Therefore, if God's remembering means HE is about to act, then God's forgetting means that He is not going to act. "For I will forgiven their wickedness," He says, "and will remember their sins no more" (Jerm 31.34). He forgets out sins -- He is not going to act upon them. Likewise, while we cannot physically forget the details of the wounds of our past, we can choose not to act on them. WE can choose to forgive the person who has hurt us and not allow the memory of the offense to control our lives. In that sense, we can forgive and forget.




When Paul talks about forgetting he does not mean that he will or even can wipe an incident from his memory .. "forgetting did not mean obliterating the memory of his past, but was a conscious refusal to let it absorb his attention and impede his progress" ( Zibdervab NIV Commentary)





But it is too hard . . ok - NOW it is time for Michelle to speak -- it can be very hard -- very hard to forget . .but the easiest way for me to forget the past . . is when I am reminded of how I idolized the world and placed so many other people and things in front of my Lord . .when I think of that - when I stop and allow the pain of that to really sink in, I am ashamed and so so so sorry -- that I want Jesus to forgive me and I want to forget that and so I can sort of understand HOW God can forget . ..and think of it no more. I mean - the wound is healed, but the scar is still there -- I will never forget what I did nor what was 'did' to me . .but, it is in the past, and it does not haunt me, it does not control me and it has been healed. I am most grateful. Now when I speak to a young woman or anyone God brings in my path and I can hear her pain - the pain of unforgiveness .. I can tell her how God healed me. I can tell her how HE does restore and I can assure her that one day, the pain will heal, the scar will be there, but the pain will heal.







Oh Lord, thank you for this today. Your timing is perfect and I know that I know - you HAVE it all under control. I will press on, this is YOUR word for me today - YOUR truth. I can see and hear you speaking it to me as if you were audible .. thank you Lord.





Oh Lord, You continually amaze me. Continually amaze. Now, go ahead and work your LIFE in my family and others .. .I know you are, may they see and hear you today too. I am believing. Amen




Your beautiful and highly favored daughter - michelle





PS Lord, Taylor gets pretty frustrated with the way I type .. . .putting in the dots and so forth, I am going to try and curb that habbit . .until then, just remind her to honor her mother. Amen!






I love you TP.

1 comment:

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!