Saturday, June 11, 2011

comfort . . . . . .

Comfort . . ..Comfortable . . . easy . . . what is comfort? Comfort can be a mother soothing a baby as she has hit her head, or wants her bottle. Comfort can be a grandmother telling her young grandson that 'this too shall pass'. And comfort can be a BIG box of vanilla ice cream with caramel all over it . . what is your comfort?









Life is not comfortable. It just is not. Life is not easy, but then again, how can we expect it to be. Does it not seem like the people who are 'living' for the Lord . . have the MOST uncomfortable situations and the most uncomfortable stuff in their lives. ?? Many times, I find myself saying, GOD's will is NOT a penalty. God's will is NOT a penalty. Why does there have to be hardship? . . Because Jesus is not the Prince of this world .. yet. However, eventually God wins.


Comfort -- Comfort is working in a GREAT county for some great administrators and mentors for the past 23 years. I have been in Okeechobee since Roland Clericuzio hired me back on Spring Break in March of 1988. I won't forget, I was wearing a gray pencil skirt and a white shirt and was VERY hot as he walked me around the brand new North Elementary School. I was hired to teach 2nd grade. Brendan made contact with the High School and the County Administrator at that time, Bill Owens, but was unable to get a job -- as he did not have a teaching certificate as of yet. I had graduated in December and was now subbing in Wisconsin. Brendan was still Student Teaching, but we had faith and knew we were headed to Okeechobee no matter what. Young love. Young dreams. Young faith - or we just had no other choice. Comfort. I have worked at 3 schools. My first year at North in the am and Everglades in the pm. First lesson learned - don't count your chickens before they are hatched. By July, I was now the ART teacher and had $3000.00 to spend on ART supplies .. yep, that much - but it did not go far! I had to buy for the ENTIRE school. I did. It was a great year. Then a year of 4th grade at North with Ann Logue as my Principal and then Gans Earnest. By my 3rd year, Brendan was now at the High School, and I was moved to Central Elementary -- which became my home for the next 21 years. Mr. 'C' was my Principal again, and then Jean Dilsaver and eventually Randy Paulson. All 21 years there - were great. Happy, filled with work, frustrations, changes, test scores and above all -- comfort.


However, things change, and all of a sudden, you find yourself . . .. thinking .. God, do I need a new beginning? God did orchestrate this move and I have complete and total peace and after 21 years in Okeechobee County, I am took a position in Glades County. It will be a challenge. I will be learned a new grade level and a new culture. I will be working at the Rez School, I would post the name, but I have no idea how to spell it or say it -- guess that will be lesson #1. I had a meeting out there already and was so so so welcomed and I get to be in a 'new' room again. God is so good. So good to me.


Phil 4.19


And my God will supply my every need according to HIS glorious riches in Christ Jesus.


Prov. 19. 21

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.



Isaiah 43. 18-19

Forget about what has happened, do not keep going over the old history. Be alert! Be present. I am about to do something brand new. It is bursting out! Don't you see it? There is is! I am making a road through the desert and a river thru the badlands.


Provers 3. 5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make your paths straight.


God's word is comfort. I know that I know, HE has me in this next adventure. Change is change, and many say it is good -- it can be good if God does it. And even if we push forward, HE makes a way and brings beauty out of our ashes. This move was orchestrated by my loving and perfect Daddy. I am willing and able to serve HIM and I am so blessed.


I may be a 'bit' uncomfortable that first week when meeting new people, and learning a whole new routine . .but I know that I know - God's will is NOT a penalty and being in the center of HIS will for my life (even when other parts are still not settled or comfortable ) . .being in that center is the BEST comfort of all.


I love you Lord. Thanks.


PS, I love my new room too, and my assignment, and the people there have made me feel so welcomed . .. .this is a true circumstance of blessing. Thanks! You are the giver of perfect gifts.


- your grateful daughter - chell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!