Wednesday, September 7, 2011

PK's

PK's = penalty kicks

I hate Penalty kicks in soccer. When there is an actual foul, then OK. There should be a free kick to get some justice served. In my opinion they are sort of like calling a ball 'long' during a tennis match or 'wide' and it is sort of questioned. Usually what happens next is there is a do over or the point was lost, but usually the NEXT point serves as justification. I mean, if you call a 'do over' cause you both believe it is deserved, it usually falls on the side of the one who is right.

I think I just really explained that -- and messed it up, but ANYWAY. This past weekend, my son' and his team played their hearts out and because of a tied score in the final game, the boys had to go to penalty kicks to see who wins.

Immediately my heart sank. I knew, we did not do well on these kicks. I watched the whole team of boys, get on their knees, join arm in arm and then watch as one of their teammates tired to aim and kick it past the one goalie awaiting. It is sort of like sudden death.

And well, it was death for Team Boca on Monday, they lost. The first two kicks by Hunter's team were shut out or saved by the goalie. The other team did not miss. Then we scored on the 3rd kick - there was hope, until the other team made their 3rd goal too and now, there was no way to win. Anyway --

PRAISE God that we don't have to use penalty kicks or a shoot out to see if we make it to heaven. Amen.

Amen.

That deserves another Amen.

God paid our penalty. God paid the price. WE are free now, free to enjoy heaven when we head to that home, free to call upon HIM for every need and desire, and free to WIN . . . .without having to look at the other team and say, 'good game'.

God took the penalty, now it is our time to share that love HE had /has for us to others. I want to win. I don't want to know or find out that I missed a few, much less one.

And if I had to face any opponent in a shoot out -- I would pick GOD to fire each shot!

Lord, thank you !
Your daughter - Michelle


Ex. 14.14 -- I know you will fight for me, I need only be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!