Wednesday, October 19, 2011

perfect


photo.php.jpg
perfect!
Life is all about being perfect . .right?  
Just got to thinking -- how funny and how perfect this photo is.  Then I got to thinking about today and all that transpired to me and others.  Anyway. . . . .I tell my students that when something is not working or hard, it is time to solve the problem.  No sour grapes.  No pouting . . .life stinks at times and move forward . .so, I will move forward.  

Amen ...Sorry,  This is going to be a random post.  My thoughts are jumbled.  I am over tired and getting sick but I just wanted to write and vent and share.  So some random thoughts.  

1.  Ok, this was a great day with a great service at church and great prayer time and then BAM -- the Enemy hits and hit hard.  BUT  ... .even on my worst day or even when I act the worst, I am still deeply loved and treasured by my God.  Wow.  Nothing I do will have HIM love me less.  Nothing.  There is GREAT comfort in that!  

2.  Weeds  . . . So many metaphors and analogies that one could make with weeds.  Quite simply, we moved and are renting a very nice home but the weeds around the home are beginning to drive me nuts.  Brendan insists . . .'its a rental'  but still they drive me crazy.  With Soccer season in full force it is hard to be home on a Saturday and so last Sunday, I got a hankering and got one part of the front weeded and it FELT great to pull things out and get ride of others.  A good weed whacking is therapy!  

3.  Having proper tools.  As I was weeding, I had to cut out a dead stump of a tree or bush.  I am unsure of what it was as I said it was dead.  I pulled and proded and I also tried to cut the thick stem with a knife but I did not have the proper tools. I went to Wally World to get a snipper but had no luck -- Christmas decorations filled the Lawn and Garden Section.  So anyway, I went back to digging it up, and I dug about  18 inches down and still could not get to the bottom of the root.  I had to walk away - I needed different tools.    

That is sort of like God  - I mean, when we have something buried deep or something that has taken root in our lives, it is not easy to just get rid of it  Sometimes the roots run deep, but with the proper tools - HIS word, one can overcome! 

4.  School.  Great.  Fun.  I LOVE my new job and each day I learn new things.  It is also fun seeing how a different county operates and functions and we are a Charter School which has different things as well.  And I LOVE my job.  

5.  Soccer.  HP started this week with High School Soccer.  Brendan is so happy cause now they may only drive to Boca one day a week instead of 2.  Yeah!  

6.  Church.  Have I mentioned that my church is pretty cool?  We just started a video series with follow up from John Bevere called the Bait of Satan - powerful.    I hate the Enemy!  

7.  Fitness FActory.  Love that place -- really?  No, I do like it and I have a friend that literally kicks my butt 3x a week and I pay her to do that - can you imagine? 

8  Therapy:   Therapy is good.  I mean it is a hard good.  I would never consider going to an auto mechanic to get my tooth looked at nor would I go to a store clerk to have them suggest a car to buy.  I would go to the expert.  I would see my cure handsome dentist to deal with my teeth and then head to the nearest Honda dealership for my car.  But this made me think as often as God heals and HE does quickly, He also uses other believers and HIS body for counsel as well.  And HE has many professionals that are Christians that help as well.  Therapy is good.  Or you may call it counsel, either way - it is good.  I tell everyone now . . .seek professional help .... don't let the Enemy win!  

9.  God is awesome.  Need I say more?  

10.  I am humbled that HE finds me so esteemed and highly favored.  HE is my Rock and My Prince.  

Thank you Lord for the random stuff - now help me sleep!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!