Tuesday, October 4, 2011

it is pumpkin time . . .



This is my brother, you may not recognize him, but this is the youngest - Nathan. He lives in northern Wisconsin and I bet he took his two young charges and his wife and went to a pumpkin patch. I wish I had the photo of Nate when he was about 7 and Brendan and I took, he, Trevor and little Brittan to the pumpkin patch in Occnomowoc, Wisconsin . . . I wonder, does he remember?


I have been wanting to blog for about a month now -- some serious blogging. But -- God just has not had me there. I have blogged here and there, posted a few comments, and posted scripture on Facebook, but my head and heart are YEARNING to yell and write something outloud.


However, God has 'had' me quiet and thinking and very BUSY. Interesting. I have been busy. It is "fall" and that means soccer weekends and we have been to Gainesville, Jax, and even South Carolina and now we will make a few repeat trips and then Orlando in December . .so that does keep on busy. And . we moved. YEP -this is a God thing.


Our house sold, in THIS market, in THIS ecomomic time . .. God sold our home and now two sweet people who believe God brought them to THAT house are enjoying it. WE were blessed and Brendan found us a very nice but smaller rental for the time being. I packed, pitched, painted and Brendan arranged for all the moving and both kids HELPED tremendously along with sweet sweet new friends and now we are located 'in town' with blueprints being drawn up on our next home. We are rebuilding - literally in many ways.


In therpy over the past month, I have had to deal with feelings . . .or struggle with them. Funny how God brings such things to light and I am having a HARD time dealing with a few things and it is not about my husband or my kids . .it is just me and God. And just tonight as I blog, I see how I am having trouble expressing how I really feel .. and I am also in a sort of 'holding' pattern with God too and HE has me quiet. Interesting. How I love to learn so much about God.


In the meantime, scripture has been a blessing and HE brought me a new friend that has reminded me how much or WHAT it looks like to be in LOVE with God. It is so refreshing and it has me questioning myself? Is that what I look like? Is that what I sound like? I hope so.


Tonight this blessed me from Isaiah 40.11 He tends his flock lilke a shepherd. He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart: he gently leads those that have young.


My post tonight is called - Pumpkin Time . .my nicname as a child is /was pumpkin. I am reminded of many things through out the day as the Enemy continues to blast me on most days, but God also brings to mind many NEW memories that have been made and some of the old ones that still bless me so . .like taking our kids North and letting them see a Watertown High School Football game and falling into a pile of leaves. . . . like taking our kids North for snow . like taking our kids to the coolest Children's museum in Denver Colorado or to the cabin in Buena Vista Colorado and eating at the local fare. . . . .it is pumpkin time . .me time . .God time. .


God reminded me yesterday through HIS servents that 'this' is still about HE and ME. Tonight, a sweet girl named Paige reminded me of how the Enemy will continue to bring up memories and how we will just fight them and allow the Holy Spirit and God to heal them. She said it, 'we have to pray miss michelle' . .God, thank you! YOU tend to your sheep. YOU always have.


I believe this is what I was to post this eve . .I pray it blesses you that reads it - michelle


I waited patiently for the LORD: he turned to me and heard my cry. HE lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. Psm. 40. 1-3


Lord, I have waited on You. I am still waiting on you. YOU have heard my cry and the ones that will come . .YOU LORD have lifted me out of the slimy pit of jealously, hurt, greed, and so much more . . You have set my feet upon a rock - a solid rock, YOUR love. And YOU have given me a firm place to stand. No one is responsible for my happiness - only YOU. I will delight in you and the ones you have given me to love you through them. I do love YOU through them. And I can feel your love for me through them . .. I do.


Your daughter, michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!