Wednesday, November 23, 2011

being thankful.... grateful....

This is a photo that has always captured my attention.  I have spoken to several people and they too will say -- they love this photo/picture.  I can find it on cards in a Christian Book Store and I have given it to many but I believe, even though it shows a man being held by Jesus -- it could easily be me...  being held. 

I am most thankful and grateful. 

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  A National Holiday where we state what we are thankful for: 

I am thankful for: 

my family, Taylor, Hunter and Brendan  -
my extended family in Wisconsin and here in Florida -
my old friends, new friends, ministry friends, cell group girls and many others -
my car-
my dog -- Bella
my . . . . the list could go on and on....  it could, maybe the next post needs to be 100 tidbits of JOY and thankfulness.   ......  

 but in all reality, I am most thankful for the man who went to the cross for me.

HE died for me.
HE took a nail.. no  several nails for me. HE shed HIS blood to cover my sin.  ... my sin...mine.. not HIS....

When I stop to think about WHAT HE really did.. and not just for me but for Taylor, For Hunter and For Brendan too - as well as countless others... I am most humbled.

The cards say it - 'we should have a spirit of Thanksgiving every day'.. it is so true. 

Lord, I am MOST thankful to call you Lord,
To call you friend, husband, lover, and need meeter.
Lord, thank you for today and everyday.
May your light shine BRIGHT out of me, may I always seek YOU first and may I never lose touch of the PIT that YOU have brought me out of.  This past year has been difficult and yet I would not trade ANY moment as in each momemt  - YOU were always there.  They say in counsel you should never use the word 'always'... I understand why, because as humans we can't always be..... but YOU can.  YOU have always been and I know you will continue. 
Thank you God. 

Isa 49.1  "I will not forget you!  See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands!"    Lord, this is one of many scriptures that have sustained me.. and will continue to minister... thanks!  <3 

Happy Thanksgiving Lord. 

- your grateful daughter, beautiful princess -- michelle

PS .. thank you too for my wonderful friends... friends you use each day to speak to me... thank you for smacking me in the HEAD with YOUR truth!  I hear you!  <3 


PPS .. to my 'lake' pal....  you are in the CENTER of HIS will -- hold on, be thankful for the storm....as HE will not let you down, but be patient and wait on HIM. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!