Saturday, November 12, 2011

when you know it is time to quit....


so..   when does one quit.... ???

I was mixing up some cookie batter to roll out some cookies.  The Youth Group at Church are having a bake sale.  I had successfully stirred up 2 batches of my Grandma's roll out cookies and used up all the flour.  So, I put the eggs, sugar, and butter in the mixer and turned it on to 'cream' .....  and I turned around to grab the new bag of flour out of the pantry and in the 45 seconds it took to grab it, I turned around to see this....

the bowl was practically off the mixing stand and the batter had crawled up the sides of the bowl and was flying out.. it was everywhere...   there was a centrifugal force of that sweet yellow butter,sugar, and egg cream.....   the dog was even covered but I could not grab her fast enough to get a photo.

Clean up time...  quitting time.......  

I could not establish how much batter was really left in the bowl so I quit.  I cleaned.

I got to thinking - there is a life lesson in this.  And there was.

My life goes up and down.  One day I am so strong and the next, a little thing can set me back.  I kept asking God this morning -- 'what'????    HE reminded me of HIS security.

I am secure in HIS love.  I am HIS.
God reminded me HE wins.  HE does not quit....  HE could of scooped up the batter and added flour and made some really good cookies, but I would of needed HIS divine HELP.... I would need some supernatural power.

Right now, on this Earth - I can access that.  I cleaned up the batter and knew HE was there, always scraping my feelings up of this or that - what has been splattered here and there and HE adds to me and makes me whole again, tasting sweet.  IT is HIM.  Not... what this person says or does for me. Not what I am expecting from this one or that one.  Not what I can do on my own -- it is HIM.  ONLY HIM.  HE has to do it.

HE reminded me today, that quitting is NOT an option.  Funny,  last night at a certain point because of a certain thing.... I had really thought about quitting.  For the first time in this journey that I have been in with my family, my husband,  my friends.... I have wanted to quit ... I have asked, "can I?"...  But last night, the  Enemy really got in my head and really made me feel that quitting would be easier.  That dart came - and it was grabbed and held at bay -- not by me --- by the Holy Spirit.  HE reminded me of past victories and HIS plan is always good.  HE reminded me of the reward awaiting -- to see a whole family restored.  So, last night before I finally closed my eyes......  I asked God for a fresh new start today.

HE answered -- this am, I find it interesting that the thought of "I am quitting"..    is now like a distant thought, but it did bring me back to the Cross...... we can't do anything without HIS help.  I can't worry about tomorrow- HE is my security.  I can't allow the Enemy to put thoughts of quitting in me - I will renew my mind.  Every moment -- Every minute.

Maybe this will bless you today -- if you read to the end.  

God answers prayers.  HE allows hurt and pain -- for a reason -- so we rely totally on HIM and HIM only.    When we are restless - we need to SEEK HIM more.  WHEN we don't know what to do - we TURN to HIM.

And it is God who establishes us with  you in Christ, and has anointed us, and who has also put his seal on us and give us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee ---2 Corn 1.21-22

The Holy Spirit is our guarantee -- HE is fighting for us and HE gave us the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us while we are here... so when we want to quit, we know that we know, that is not what our Lord wants.  And so that we know,  HE will come and add scrape us up -  and add what is needed so that we are sweet and whole again.  HE restores.

Thank You Lord,  YOUR love makes me smile.

You know Lord, that the  Enemy really wants to beat me up today - do me a favor and kick him into hell - thanks, michelle

2 comments:

  1. I must add a comment..... I really am unsure of 'who' reads this... and last night I was reminded that often I am misquoted or people seek a member of my family to ask ' what is going on '?? Now, with all of my heart, I believe that God will let you know to pray for us and you won't need to know the details or what is exactly going on. What is going on? My family and not just my immediate family is constantly being attacked by the Enemy as with every Christian out there -- he comes to steal, kill, and destroy. If we stand for HIM .. he, the Enemy, hates us and does so much. The biggest thing he does is cause strife and allows gossip to stir and start a doubt or a lie... anyway, I needed to post this today - God wins. Don't let the Enemy defeat you. If you ask me what is going on.. I will ask you- what is going on with you and may I pray. So, when I say I want to quit.... it just means, I want to just crawl into my bed and not say another word, not move another muscle, and just give into the enemy and his lies...... at a brief moment, it does seem easier -- but it really is not. People bypass the truth for love. On some certain level, whether we are a child or an adult - we just want to be loved, cherished, and we want to have that security. For right now, God is allowing a season of growth, change, and renewal in my life .. in our lives.. and if you are reading this, I just ask that you hold me and my entire family up in prayer. However, I bet you too need prayer for someone in your life or family -- for that God says, SEEK HIM. HE will answer. Thank you for listening to my heart and caring enough about me or my kids or some aspect of the Pritchards.... to read , bless you - michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! As an "aspect" of the Pritchard family-our back to WI (1986) lead Jon & I down an adventure
    filled life together that the adversary has tried so hard to wreek havoc on but-"greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world"! Hebrews 4 WOW!
    Please pray for Rob-may need surgery as scar tissue from an appentectomy may have caused the fusion of intestines(with a kidney stone complication!),Will is trying return home to his little family (wife Amanda and son Jonathan here in WI)after a botch up of Naval administration-I am praying for salvation of the officers in charge-Stefanie is in Colorado in the Coast Guard Reserves wanting to go back to school for her Masters and to change her career to possibly teaching/dietitian and for Justin (her fiance'!)
    Praise the Lord in advance for all He will do! Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!