Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A bold prayer for a marriage in crisis and for me --

Lord God....I am asking you today to speak to each of the wives and husbands that are on my mind....that may read this blog prayer, and for myself...

And I pray for the marriage that will come --


Lord God, I pray that we will ALL be still to hear your voice and allow YOU to fill our hearts with life and peace.

Lord, I pray that you would give each and every person involved the Spirit of Wisdom and revelation so that each one knows You better.  


Lord God, may you be first...not our marriage...not our problems...not our heartache...but YOU -

Lord God, I pray that YOU are at the center - period. 


Lord God, may we worship you and not our spouses or problems...


Lord God, I know you desire to walk with me -- but too often we are too busy to listen and walk slowly with you - God, I pray for each one that reads this today -- that they will make a point of walking slower and listening more intently....


Lord God, I pray that each person within their  marriage will submit wholeheartedly to YOU the Lord - the living God.


Lord God - that each of these people....individually will put YOU first and make YOU their first love....and submit to You and your lead and that YOU may be their highest priority.

Lord, for the ones who are believing the lies ...that this marriage is over or that it can't be saved.....


Lord God, as these couples work on issues....speak to each other.....and move forward...and as a few of them learn that YOU can redeem them....I pray peace and joy over their circumstance...may they find you in the quietness of their thoughts -- and may they STAY there.


Lord God, I pray they will put You first - amen.  

 

PS Lord, for me....there is something on the horizon that only YOU can make sense of.   You can redeem it. 

 

Lord, there is a lost one - living on the streets that needs to be SO miserable that he wants to finally come fully to you and not neglect YOUR call on his life .  

 

Lord, there is another still wondering and hurting and she knows You Lord, but she has hardened her heart -- 


Lord for the church body -- that we carefully LOOK at ourselves in the mirror and do some serious inventory ...."do people want what I have?".  Lord, are we being kind and being Jesus to others?  


Lord, for the church body  -- moving forward.  


Lord, for the events in October...for the bible study -- for the traveling to the West and for just tomorrow -- that YOU would be the focus.  


In Jesus name, amen. 



This morning I was reminded that - GOD wins and HE has a great plan -- HE designed marriage and HE designed it well......HE fully wants everyone to enjoy the fruits and benefits of a healthy marriage - God my desire is that this  prayer will encourage just ONE couple -- to persist!  

Humbled....michelle 

1 comment:

  1. Michelle , Thank you for the post. It blessed me and reminded me that God is still in control and that nothing is impossible for him.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!