Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Prayers for a marriage -- reboot.



God did the miracle - God healed us... God alone, but it was through HIS hands and HIS feet -- HIS people extending  their time, their prayers, their therapy,  their love, and their encouragement.  I don't think a book could contain ALL that worked together for HIS good when it came to the two of us....

Brendan reminded me of that Sunday.  God did the miracle, but HE needed 'us'.  He asks 'us' to be JEsus to others...to be HIS hands and HIS feet.

Because we are in a place where we want to do whatever God asks of us -- each of us will get requests for prayer from time to time.  Ok...practically weekly. 

And I am not saying this to brag or bring the enemy upon us....but, we are in a 'healthy' spot and plan to STAY there until HE calls us home.   Healthy....to have proper health you must get rest, eat properly, drink fluids and have fun and exercise too!   We are seeking proper nutrition - being in HIS word. And we get rest --physical-- with each other and we REST in HIM as we sit under our Pastors and learn from their teaching.  We also get plenty of fluids -- Jesus water.  The living water -- some days he needs more and other days I do...but we are drawing from the SAME well.  It may of taken us some 28+ years to get here - but hey....better late than never.  And exercise....daily -- daily prayer...daily time in HIM...and then FUN...we got that covered.  It is 'work' but fun work.

God has led several couples to our path within the past years.  Right now there are several  couples we are earnestly praying for and believing that miracles can happen. And there are others that we ache for -- and we have released them  to HIM because, only they,  and their maker can 'move the mountain' at this point. 

I have been rather quiet for the past month- not that God hasn't been speaking, but HE has not had me at the keyboard.

 And maybe...perhaps, HE just has had me in prayer and seeking Him in another way.

 Personally, there is a lot going on right now within many facets of our lives, and making time for God first, then my husband, and then the family....has not left much other room for blogging -- truth be told. 

Summer is a GREAT time for teachers to wind down and reboot.  I got to thinking today about rebooting a marriage.  We sort of did that.  We were watching the Housewives of the OC ( don't judge us ) together the other night ... a show we watch, discuss and then find ourselves going, "why did we waste that hour?".  However, the storyline at the moment touched home.  God, in HIS infinite wisdom, spoke clearly to us both and healthy TV should promote discussion.  One can agree to disagree.  Watching another couple 'walk through a hard part -- without God -- to us...seems IMPOSSIBLE!!  Impossible!!   And healthy discussion was produced and even in that discussion, more healing happens. 

Today I was reminded of our miracle.  A beautiful sister in Christ reached out to me.  Her name is not needed - but, I know that I know -- this post will touch others as well.   She needs a reboot. 

I believe it is so important to realize and remember that a marriage is  made up of two.  Two that become one.  Like in the TV show -- if God is not at its center -- it is hard to see it work.  I know there are many couples that figure it out -- but once kids come, stresses of work, and life.... what do you fall back upon??  Many times, even within our own marriage -- we were to the point where we did not 'need God'.  We took care of everything ourselves and lived in that glass house.  Until the house was shattered. 

Both of us so believe in counsel and therapy.  Godly counsel, prayer warriors and then a good Christian Marriage Therapist.  We also remind each person...seek God.  When there are two people earnestly seeking HIM...seeking HIM.... marriages can be fought for and even the rockiest of marriages -- can and will not only survive but thrive.  However, as our therapist would remind us...it did not 'fall apart' overnight ...so it won't get back together 'overnight' .....it is a process and it takes HIS time.

Key though -- is PRAYER .....  knee prayers as our therapist will state.....pray BIG and scary prayers like Lisa Bevere says... and pray like someone is HOLDING a gun to your head ---which is what my sweet friend Joyce says!!   Pray.

However, God wins and YOUR marriage can survive this -- and it can be different and better than it was ......  believe.

Anyway, I found this prayer from my blog a few years ago where I blogged for marriages for 40 days.   God has not asked me to do that again....but if you wish, you can go to the achieves of this blog and seek them -- but, I believe God is going to have me post some prayers for marriage here and there over the next few weeks....  as HE is the writer of this blog.

So, if this blog has touched your heart - pray for your marriage this eve and personalize this prayer and pray it as if YOU wrote it and believe that HE can .....save your marriage!     Amen.  


Lord, I come to you as a humble servant and I seek YOUR guidance and provision to accomplish this task.  Lord, today I will pray about our hearts.  Lord, I pray that  my heart does not become lonely.  I pray my husband's heart does not become lonely -- Lord, that we both SEEK you with every ounce of our being and that we SEEK the other as our 2nd love.  Lord, I pray that YOU are our first love.  Lord,  I ask that You reveal our hearts to us - show us what can trigger loneliness...show us what can trigger the enemy to come at us.  God, you placed the stars -- You know exactly how many hairs are  on his head - on my head...Lord, you know exactly HOW this will play out.  

 

 -- God I pray right now that the one reading this, will believe that the lonely heart can be healed...that the lonely heart can feel LOVE like never before...that the lonely heart won't be tempted to find solace in another. 

God I pray that the lonely heart will open up to YOU this eve, that he or she will pour our their loneliness to YOU and that they will allow you to fill it and then tomorrow, they will do the same and let it fill them tomorrow even more...and then Lord, I pray they check their hearts - are you first?  

Lord, I pray that YOU are first and their spouse is 2nd in the devotion...God I believe in marriage, I believe you heal and restore and I pray for those specific couples RIGHT now...that they would have an unction when they awake tomorrow to hold on ...just one more day...to seek professional help....or to just wait on filing for that divorce paper-- OH God - for those couples we are thinking of and for the one that may be reading this -- God I pray that person or that wife or that husband will dream this eve and meet you -- and believe when they awake that YOU can turn this around - In Jesus name, amen ! 


1 Peter 4.8
Above all, love each other deeply, because Love covers over a multitude of sins.

Psalm 119: 111-112
Your laws are my treasure: they are my heart's delight.  I am determined to keep your degrees to the very end.

Today can be the beginning of a new direction..a new life for your marriage -- God CAN heal and restore what the locusts have taken -- even after MANY years!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!