Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Don't give up.... Coach Pritchard


  THIS post is from 2011 when I went to watch my daughter COACH one of her first Saturday Tournaments with BIG LAKE Juniors.    What an experience.  She wasn't even 18 yet....  I guess I did not have too much to say -- it was rather short!   But I know as I sat and watched her from the sidelines -- I was SO proud - SO proud!     From taking her to Orlando or Tampa and watching her as a player - to now driving to Orlando and meeting her there and watching her as a COACH.   Time flies!   



And today -- she will COACH her team at a Sectional  -- where walking in -- seems like a daunting task.  

Their record speaks for themselves --  and yet -- it maybe be their last game.  

My daughter's team is GOOD.  They have their killer shots and they have their bad days.  When girls play volleyball, emotions can TAKE OVER in spite of total awesome skill.  As a volleyball player matures, you can begin to see which girls learn how to 'shake it off' and which girls will allow the frustration of a previous point to upset their entire game.  

I have watched Taylor 'coach' now for two seasons at the High School.  And I have watched her coach several seasons of Club ball too and with each game -- I watched  a young woman mature and I watch a woman SPEAK life into her 'girls' ...her proteges.

Tonight --  this Okeechobee team will face a monster.  The Beast.  Jensen Beach.  The team is ranked, the girls play and are well coached and they never seem to loose.  BUT.... we can believe that our girls will walk into that gym and PLAY their best.  WE must!   I believe.  



How do you WALK into a 'fire' or go to do something where you know -- you may be defeated?  

I listened to my daughter speak strategy with her dad as they 'coached' out some plans.  I listened and heard within her voice and heart -- she has BEEN right where those girls are...and I heard her say something profound.  

"Life is not about volleyball -- but for this one game -- it IS to them."

Lord, it would take a miracle...but I know YOU can do stuff like that.  You really don't want me to ask you to 'throw' the game....but I pray that EACH girl this eve will dig deep,  play hard, and not allow the previous point or mistake to GET them down.  May the BEST team win this evening...but as that team wins ...may the OTHER time give them the fight of their life.  Amen.  


 Then I thought about Jesus, in the garden - knowing what would transpire and YET...he walked back into that Garden and allowed the men to take him -- in cuffs.  Jesus walked into that battle ...knowing his purpose and the Plan HIS FAther had set before him.  

In ANY circumstance and trial and HARD stuff.....   walking with HIM and allowing HIM to lead -- brings peace.  I know my girl has that peace today -- may LOTS of it rub off on those girls.   And ...may they know - they gave it THEIR best!  


Now below is my original post. She may have that clipboard in her hands this eve or she may not...but I know one thing...she has God's blessing upon her -- and I know that she will Coach those girls this eve -- like never before.  !!  Good Luck Lady Brahmans -- give them hell!  



  
 February 11, 2011 
Here is the clipboard .. . .maybe I can't get it all into the post, but Brendan's sister gave this to him over 20+years ago .. . and now he handed it down to her . .how sweet.
Coach Pritchard did a wonderful job today.
What a grown- up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!