Thursday, September 8, 2016

Asking God for a DIRECT hug!

I had a tremendous weekend. 

 Plenty of rest, a boat ride that was post-poned, and more family time.  I even got to cheer for my son's Soccer team as they played my Alma mater...University of Wisconsin!  

I am busy doing a NEW thing at school with teaching only writing this year and social studies.
Both kids are very busy and one is almost ready to graduate from college in December. 
I had a cold for a good week and some back/neck pain that after prayer, rest, and a good massage that worked wonders and now my husband has that cold.  

Life...
Work.....
Study...
Working in a bible study book and then trying to read a new book called, "Without Rival"  - where the basis of the book is that God loves me uniquely. Reminding me that I can't be replaced -- God positioned me for such a time as this.  

 In my classroom, I showed my students how we will blog this  school year and each of them will have their own blog.  Each day this week, they have asked me "when" are we doing that -- well tomorrow is the day.  

There is NO reason why I should be awake and typing -- but this blog just has been itching within my brain.  

And yet, I am -- wide awake and wanted to express what is on my heart - this evening.  

I came to this:  


I am leading YOU, step by step, through your life. Hold My hand in trusting dependence, letting Me guide you through this day. Your future looks uncertain and feels flimsy -- even precarious. That is how it should be. Secret things belong to the Lord, and future things are secret things. When you try to figure out the future, you are grasping at things that are Mine. This, like all forms of worry, is an act of rebellion: doubting My promises to care for you. Whenever you find yourself worrying about the future, repent and return to Me. I will show you the next step forward, and the one after that, and the one after that. Relax and enjoy the journey in My Presence, trusting Me to open up the way before you as you go. - Jesus

Deut 29.29 Psalm 32.8

This is from the Jesus Calling Devotional -- it is for February 26th.  I have read it often. 

At times of my life, this devotional - this little prayer from Jesus has GOT ME through to the next day.  At other times, I shared it with another.   

Just a few weeks ago, I had a meeting.  A prayerful meeting but a meeting that caused me a little stress.  However, God showed up and orchestrated the meeting and Holy Spirit ran it.  It was awesome but I said something that night .....something to which the Lord is testing or teaching me.  

Public Opinion.   
What effect or what dominion does it have over me?  

Tricky question?   What did I say that night at the meeting?   I said this:  

The Lord has taught me this summer, that He has an assignment to do through me  and if I choose to ignore Him ---then,  I am being disobedient.  
He has also showed me that if I cower to public opinion or allow the 'hurting words' of another deter me from THAT assignment -- it would be a sin of commission.  

I believe there are sins of omission -- sinning when we did not realize we sinned.  
And sins of commission - when we know something is wrong and DO it anyway - we are openly committing a sin with knowledge and for THAT - I believe our consequence could be greater!! 

So, as I walk each day out and HE has asked me to say something perhaps, speak to another, or do  something or plan it and I don't -- I am indeed not doing God's will.  

I always wish to do his will.  But sometimes...it is hard.  Sometimes, people don't like you very much.  That happened  again.  This time, I WANT to be mad and fight for my feelings and my position or 'view'...but HE has asked me to be still and KNOW that HE is God.   

Big stuff.
Adult stuff.  

And I know that HE has asked me NOT to react or respond but to wait on HIM.  And I have peace.  But still  -- but still, my flesh wants to fuss.   But I choose to trust God.  

Big stuff, adult stuff.  

Some days it is harder than usual and then again on some days, when I feel like God has forgotten me as I am being obedient - HE comes so close and gives me a direct HUG!  

Literally -- through another or a situation, or something just as personal as giving me a dream ...but God provides and answers and sustains me.  




So, I am unsure WHERE YOU are this eve.  Maybe you are struggling to hear from God.  Maybe you need a BIG hug from Him. Maybe you are at the point where HE has given you an assignment and you are being like Jonah and ignoring it or trying to run from it.  

Maybe you are just stuck and wondering why God has answered the prayers of everyone around you and it seems like HE has forgotten you.  Or maybe you are like me, and HE has been teaching you something for some time now and given you tests to show Him you are trusting God and not man.  Or even still, you are more like me in where -- you feelings got hurt his past week and you want to be mad but God has asked you to be still and wait on GOD..   

THEN...   call upon HIM.  Seek HIM.  Read that Jesus calling devotional 10x and write it out and pray it over yourself.  And I will pray that YOU will feel that BIG hug from God very soon.  

I went to church this eve and asked God to meet me there.   One of the songs that our worship leader sang was, "come into His presence". There were many distractions this evening and yet, when I asked God to just meet me right there - HE did.  I felt His hug.  

What did his HUG look like?  I began writing this blog last night and my hug came during worship and then  I was given confirmation when two special women joined me at church.   What did it look like today?    My students blogged and as I opened up the application and reviewed their posts -- in my teaching years, I have never had a student ACTUALLY go home and get on the blog and blog from home and she DID!!   She went home, got on her mom's phone and told her that she had to blog something.   This girl - MADE my night!  A writer is born!   


Anyway -- IF you are asking God something and it seems like you are being forgotten  or if you need a direct HUG, just pray and ask God for one.  HE will provide!!  
And maybe you need to write out that prayer or reminder from Jesus that I shared at the beginning of this blog.  Or maybe even still -- you had an Encounter with God this summer and He has asked you as well -- to deal with 'public opinion'.   So with that -- 

Lord,  heal -- Lord, fix... Lord, direct... and Lord.... give them that hug!  And thank you for mine!!  IN Jesus name.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!