Monday, September 26, 2016

The PRIDE test.

Pride -- hate that word.  

In Genesis there is a story about a boy named Joseph.   Joseph was given a dream when he was 17.  Several things happened to him after he shared his dream, but that dream was a part of his destiny. 

Joseph did not step into his destiny until he was 30 and it really was not fulfilled until he was 41.  Time.....

God has a dream for you. 
God has a dream for me.  God's dream is better than my dream and better than I could ever imagine. 

 Mark 12.6-8
6 he said, “Listen to my words:“When there is a prophet among you,
    I, the Lord, reveal myself to them in visions,
    I speak to them in dreams.
But this is not true of my servant Moses;
    he is faithful in all my house.
With him I speak face to face,
    clearly and not in riddles;
    he sees the form of the Lord.
Why then were you not afraid
    to speak against my servant Moses?”


If you want to know God's dream for you  -- Get to know God.   God will give you the dream He has for you.  He will fulfill it!  

It is important not to 'brag' about the dream.  

Joseph failed the Pride Test  -- he bragged about his dream to his brothers and then threw him in a pit.  


Why do we brag?   
We brag because we have pride in our hearts.
We brag because we are insecure!   

Pride always wants to be heard.  
Pride wants to interrupt.
Pride has to be heard.  

The dream from God is NOT the same as the DESTINY that God has for us.  

We must be humble with that dream...or we will never have that destiny.   
Before we can get moving into that destiny -- we must DEAL with our Pride.   


Many of us deal with the FRUIT of pride and not the ROOT.  
The root is insecurity.  If Pride is in your heart -- there is insecurity in your soul.   - Ps. Robert Morris

With every new challenge there will come new insecurities.  
With every new job or new level of ministry  - there comes new insecurities. 

Our confidence comes in Jesus --- not in ourselves.  
Jesus knew WHO HE was!  
We must know -- we are children of God!  
We have to pass the Pride Test!   



This summer, I believe the Lord has been  fleshing out some pride in me that needed to be put to death!   I believe there were some new insecurities that popped up with some new responsibilities and perhaps some bits of a dream that God has given me.  And then again - maybe as we grow and walk in this world, it is only natural that stuff changes and with that -- maybe pride can sneak in??   !!  Maybe?   

I spent a lot of time this summer seeking God and asking HIM to remove whatever needed to be removed within my thoughts and heart.  I have asked HIM to show me exactly HOW that dream is to play out.  I have asked him and begged HIM at times to release me from this or that -- but HE would not.  

I know it is HARD to try and explain unless I get specific -- I guess as I type this out and if you are reading, you will just have to ask the Lord to help you see into my brain....but basically, I believe and know that God has a dream for me.   God has a dream for you.  He has a dream for all of us.   A few days ago, my husband and I were watching a new series that Robert Morris is teaching and he is speaking about dreams and how they lead us to our destiny.    And as I watched this series, I was amazed at how the entire summer made sense ......as God has been preparing me!   

 I believe and know that I have a destiny.   I believe that everyone has a destiny.    Our past is a part of our destiny -- we forgive ourselves and move forward and God can use our past in HIS perfect plan for His Kingdom.   

 I know that the enemy tried to destroy my destiny, but God won.  I am pretty sure Satan constantly seeks to steal, kill, and destroy.  That is in scripture.  Satan is constantly seeking to destroy me but he is also seeking to do that to anyone.  

 Now,  God has given me  this next  assignment -- I know it has to be accomplished and I am passionate about it.  As when I get to meet God one day, I want to hear, "well done my faithful servant".  I don't want to see Jesus and meet God face to face and know that I did not obey what HE asked me to do.  I just don't.  

So with that, I believe this past summer was a 'hard' summer as far as my prayer time and conversations with God, but it was also the BEST summer in the sense that I had more mommy  and joyous moments that indeed continue to make me smile.    I believe we are in the last days and in these last days we will have much that grieves us - deeply, but with that we will also see and experience miracles that will be supernatural and overjoy us!    I have seen that!   

Maybe tonight YOU came to this post because the word PRIDE grabbed your attention.  God and YOU are the ones that need to seek the answer to the question.  

Will you pass the pride test?   

I believe it is a heart issue.  
I believe I will still probably deal with PRIDE as we are human and we are not perfect.  

Lord, empty me of me..fill me more of you. 
Lord, for the one reading this tonight - I pray they were able to read through this blog and hear YOU in it.  
Lord, I pray for my insecurities...  Lord, that I know and walk in that confident knowledge that I belong to you and am in YOUR will.   
Lord, for the one reading this -- that she will seek YOU like never before and check her heart -- is there pride there?  
Lord, for YOUR will to be done - on EARTH as it is in heaven.  
Thank you Lord for your provision and Your Word.  
Like Joseph, I have had a dream, but  I pray I don't brag about it but become MORE like YOU  - be confident in YOU Jesus!   

Amen.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!