Friday, June 15, 2012

a prayer for your man..... my man...

As Father's Day approaches, I have been in prayer for the right words to write...for the right things to say...and I have been looking and looking for the right card.....not sure I found it, but I found this. 

This prayer is from Family Life.  It says it perfectly.  I keep the prayer card in my purse....I could pray it for Brendan, my dad...my brothers...my brother -n - law....I can even pray it for my son...

Here it is: 


Lord, I lift  my man ...Lord, I lift Brendan...Lord, I lift Daryl...Lord, I lift Aaron,  Lord, I lift Craig, Lord I lift Brad,  Lord I lift Christopher, Lord, I lift Trevor, Lord I lift Nate,  Lord I lift Ryan,   Lord, I lift Quent, Lord, I lift Carl, Lord I lift Dustin, Lord I lift Lowell,  Lord I lift Dave, Lord I lift Todd, Lord I lift Billy,  Lord I lift Jeff, Lord I lift him,   Lord I lift Mark,  Lord I lift Hunter,  Lord, I lift the man You have for Taylor, Lord, I lift Tom, Lord I lift MY Dad...Jim....Lord, I lift......

to you today, and pray according to Your Word, that You will give him strength to lead (Josh 10.14), and a passion to manage his home ( 1 Tim 3.4).  Lord, I pray You bless his work and show him daily how to honor You in his attitude and spirit; confirm the work of his hands unto Your purpose ( Psm. 90.16-17, Daniel 6).

Lord, I pray he will be a wise steward of our finances and all we possess, remembering that all things are Yours and entrusted to us for Your purposes ( Matt 6.19-21).  Lord I pray he will love You with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength and hate evil ( Mark 12.30, Psm 97.10).

Lord, I pray he will be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger ( James 1.19).

Lord, I pray You protect him phusically, mentally, and spiritually ( Psm. 28.7-9; Ps 41; John 17. 15 and 2 Thess 3.3).

Lord, I pray You give him the desire to teach and model a godly lifstyle for is children ( Deut 6, Psm. 78.5-7). 

Lord, I pray you will instruct him and teach him the way he should go ( Psm 32.8); give peace in the circumstances, and integrity in decisions he must face today ( 1 Corn 14.33; Prov 11.3)

And Lord, I pray that he would meditate day and night on Your Word, pray without ceasing ( Psm 1. 1-3; Psm 119.8, 73.1; 1 Thess 5.17), and stay faithful to Christ to the end ( heb 12: 1-2). 

And God...Lord, Father....that he would develop strong relationships with other godly men ( Eps 4.24-25; Heb 10.24). 

Lord, my prayer is that he falls so deeply in love with you......that everything...just everything...flows into place.  As one of your servants said, 'when the promise is clear, the price is easy". 

And Lord, as the wife...the mother...the sister...the....friend...may I be that helpmate, companion, champion, friend and support. 

Lord, teach me to create a peaceful, restful and safe place for my husband to come home to. 

Lord, Teach me how to care for myself and stay attractive to him.  Lord, grow me into a creative and confident woman who is rich in mind, soul, and spirit.  Lord, make me the kind of woman he can be proud to say ...that is my wife.  Lord, I lay all my expectations at Your cross.  I release my husband from the burdn of fulfilling me in areas where I should ONLY be looking to You.  Lord, help me to accept him for who he is and not try to change him.  Lord,  leave any changing that needs to be done in Your hands, fully accepting that neither of us is perfect and never will be.  Only You Lord, are perfect and I look to You to perfect us. 

Lord, I ask all of this in Your perfect name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!