Thursday, March 19, 2015

Choices

Sometimes it is very hard to make a choice.     Chocolate cake or Cheesecake.   If I am at Longhorn Steakhouse - it is the Chocolate Stampede.    If I am at the Cheesecake Factory it would be the cheesecake but then - which ONE? 




Choices.


God's Word says:  Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."




Proverbs 14.12 says:  There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.




Proverbs 19.21 says:  Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. 




Proverbs 16.9 says:  The heart of  man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.




Philippians 4.8 says:  Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if ther is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 






And finally:   Proverbs 3. 5-6  states:  Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. 






Choices. 






I am thinking...sharing some thoughts running in my head today:


It is hard when you are the 'oldest' and you are used to making decisions and choices for others as a kid and then you grow to an adult and those siblings are adults....   they now can make their own choices. 


It is weird when as a kid, you watched adults around you make choices and then you saw the consequences...and yet, as an adult - you fall RIGHT into those same decisions and choices. 




It is hard when you have children and you decide their clothing choices and what they will eat for dinner and then they become adults and you don't have that 'choice' anymore.  They are adults.


It is hard  to watch another within your circle of influence make the wrong choice after you have prayed with them....sat with them...cried with them.....and yet...they still want to make that wrong choice. 
It is hard to sit back and pray for something that seems impossible to fix or it seems impossible to believe that God could bring 'beauty' out of it ....and yet, we are to make that choice, and intercede for that lost one, or for that dear friend, or for even that  'frienemy'.....that seems to constantly sow turmoil within your life.  But yet....  it is a choice. 

In Matthew it does state...'the gate is narrow'.  It is hard, to make the better choice when the ones around you  poke fun of or believe you are being 'too Christian'.  It says the gate is narrow, but why do so many try and squeeze in -- ?? 

I imagine that each person making that 'choice' has lined it up with God's word....
I imagine that the one making the choice to sow discord is hurting in such a way that their choices are  skewed...
I imagine the one making that particular choice -- really believes there is 'no harm done'.  And yet...my spirit is troubled. 

God has brought me to this verse:  Galatians 6. 7-8   Do not be deceived:  God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.  For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 

In the Message bible it states: 
  ( I added a few words to make it personal - from God )
Don't be mislead Michelle....no one makes a fool of God.  What you plant, you will harvest.  Michelle - if you plant selfishness, and you ignore the needs of others -- you are ignoring God -- and you will harvest a crop of weeks.  Michelle...then all you will have to show for yourself is weeds.  But Michelle... if you plant in response to God, letting God's Spirit do the growth work in him...in her...in them...in that....  you will harvest a crop of REAL life... eternal life with Me.    The gate is narrow Michelle, don't learn on your own understanding, You acknowledge your ways in Me all the time, so now LEAN on Me and I will make the path straight!  - God  


Lord,  I am being open and honest here -- some choices have to be made.  You know each one, you know if it pertains to my life personally, or physically.  You know if it is professional  - You know if it is spiritual...YOU know.   You know the ones around me making choices... and you know the loved ones close by that have choices to make as well.  And I am pretty sure that a random stranger could come to this blog and read this prayer and it would  FIT for them as well.... choices.   I am just publically stating right now - make the choice for me...show me clearly what I am to do. A sweet friend once said to me, "Lord show me, I am just a dumb sheep"... Holy Spirit - take over... clearly reveal what is next...clearly reveal what choices have to be made - even the hard ones...and Lord, may my 'enhanced' version of Galatians be my prayer... Lord, that I would see what I sowed... here on earth and in heaven. In Jesus name, amen.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!