Monday, March 9, 2015

short blog - prayer for a warrior this eve --





A.W. Tozer says:  "True faith is never found alone: it is always accompanied by expectation. The man who believes the promises of God expects to see them fulfilled.  Where there is no expectation, there is not faith.  We need a fresh spirit of anticipation that springs out of the promises of God.  We must declare war on the mood of nonexpectation, and come together with childlike faith.  Only then can we know again the beauty and wonder of the Lord's presence among us." 







That is a powerful quote.  In therapy, the Life Coach and other counselors told me often...'lower you expectations...cause then you won't be disappointed'.  That made sense too.

If I don't 'expect' flowers on my anniversary -- then I won't be heartbroken when none come......
If I don't 'expect' the toilet seat to be down when I head into my son's bathroom -- then I won't get upset when I fall into the toilet cause I expected the seat to be down.  Make sense?

I think the 'low expections' advice for good for that time in therapy .....and I am sure, that I will share that again with a student or a woman in crisis....but TONIGHT....

I am going to EXPECT like A.W Tozer shared...and besides these expectations are TIED to GOD...HE never disappoints...HE never fails....and HE is God!


Lord, I am going to EXPECT that YOUR promises  will come true for a woman reading this and for her family.  You Lord, promised in Isaiah - that you have come to BIND the brokenhearted.....you  came Lord to proclaim FREEDOM for the captives and release from darkness the prisoners.   Lord, she has a husband that NEEDS to hear from you - smack him over the head...may he see that he needs you.  Lord, she has children that MUST call upon You.  Lord, she has raised them, there are more yet in the home...she has spoken truth and life into them......but it is NOT her job to save them...that is YOURS.  She has believed a lie that she could 'pull' them into you -- God release her of that -- show her that YOU have EACH of them...and that YOU can be trusted.  Lord, within ...her finances....the  health of her daughter...we need a miracle.  Lord, within her heart -- it hurts so much.  Lord, in Isaiah 36 the King of Assyria is taunting the captives....those under King Hezekiah.  Those post people were beyond....they were at the END of their rope.  Lord, it says  that those people that loved you -- were eating their own excrement and drinking their urine...they had HAD enough ....and yet... they still believed in YOU.  King Hezekiah went to Isaiah and asked....as they were like in the day of 'birth' with no strength to deliver.  God.... that is her head and heart -- I heard it  today.  But tonight - I have EXPECTATIONS that as we pray together and AS  we believe together....   it will be like vs. 6 -- "do no be afraid".  ....that as we - each day, seek you and walk this out...that YOU will bring clarity to life decisions.  You Lord, will open spiritual eyes...and there will be a trust in You - that has NEVER been experienced.  In Jesus name...amen.  




- humbled and expecting God to move....
Hang in there.... - michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!