Friday, March 6, 2015

Passing through the Waters....seeing the LIGHT of God!

Isaiah 43.2
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you.


Almost 5 years ago, our lives were very different.  My life was very different.  I was on a roller coaster and just trying to get off, or back on...or even get to a new 'ride' but that was then.  Four years  ago, I was preparing my 4th graders for Florida Writes, trying my best to tweek any quick lessons and trying to make a child WANT to write. I had decided to apply for a new job and make some changes.    Four years ago,  Hunter had just returned from Costa Rica and he spoke about the orphanage and how it affected him.  Today, he is almost 4 credits sky of being a Senior at FAU.   Four years ago, Taylor had just turned 20 and I was taking my classes at church to go to my Encounter Retreat Weekend.  Four years ago, things were very different.  Three years ago, we had just moved in our 'healing house' and I marveled at what God was doing in front of me.  Two years ago, I had the opportunity to help lead some women and see them experience freedom at a God Encounter Weekend.   A year ago, I had the awesome privilege of doing the same thing...  and presently, I am preparing for another gift from God...the chance to work with 18 other women and watch God show up at a God Encounter weekend....coming at the end of this month.   Four years ago, our lives were very different --  And they were good.   They are different today -- but oh so good.  Even with struggles.... there is Joy in this journey. 


 This morning, God reminded me of something special that happened to me  years ago at my Encounter weekend.....heading to the Encounter was hard, as there were so many unanswered questions, thoughts, and hurt, but coming home from it -- there was a true Encounter with My Lord.

The verse in Isaiah...passing through the waters...That has been happening for the past several years and God NEVER once....left me.  HE was there with me all the time.    I think back and can get overwhelmed by thoughts, problems, and hurts...and HE says, I will NOT let them overwhelm you... and HE kept HIS promise.  I did not get burned...scorched...and the flame did not kindle upon me.

Even today, as we begged heaven for a miracle in a young woman's life.... I pondered and thought -- about the wonder of God and HOW ...as we pass through these waters...HE will never leave us. 


God  spoke to my heart today in several ways.  He  answered prayer, I saw and witnessed confirmations on situations that I was in prayer for, and HE brought to fruition an idea that was birthed those 4 years ago when I first got to 'be a part' of a leadership team at a God Encounter Weekend.    I believe the time is now ...for women of all our little community to unite and be that body of Christ...that bride of Christ... 

 God showed me what I had to do 'next' and he gifted me with a passion for wanting to SHARE this with others.... it is not about advancing a 'church'...it is about HIS Kingdom and HIS Glory. 

Its not about me...its about HIM.  The precious and priceless beauty of that...is that God makes me feel so loved...it is like I AM the only one on the EArth...   THAT is how close HE is.  HE can be that for YOU too....  but you must seek HIM. 

So, as a reminder --

Whatever YOU may be facing or experiencing right now in your life,  DO not give up.....Hang on.

At the beginning of my Encounter Weekend, I spoke to my Small Group leader  and made my list of hurts and what I wanted to hear from God and 'learn'....HE had HIS own plan.  HIS plan was MUCH better than mine or what I expected.

At the end of my Encounter Weekend, at a prayer time I was slain in the Spirit...that had NEVER happened to me before.  I have seen it happen, I have heard people talk about it - but if it was going to happen to me or be real...I had told God -- HE would have to do it.  HE did.  I went for prayer, I lifted my palms up to show I was submitting to whatever God had for me and my Prayer Warrior  began to pray.  All I heard was, "Father God..."  and I felt the bottoms of my feet lift up and I was down.  And out.  And I saw the most beautiful light...yellow light.  At first I asked God - 'what is this?'  But I felt peace and calm and tranquility.....I believe I got to see the light of God -- for a brief moment, just a brief moment, but HE reminded me of that Encounter today.  HE reminded me...HE is with us.. always...

There is more to this story - but, that is all I am suppose to share ...I am to encourage someone...somewhere.... HE will NOT let you pass through the waters alone, call to HIM today ...

Don't give up.

God wins.

Submitted in Christ -- michelle

I have posted/blogged about the upcoming Encounter Weekend.  If you are interested, please contact me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!