Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Battlefield of the Mind - chapter one! - Interactive Blog challenge !!!

 I read Joyce Meyer's book several years ago.  I picked up a copy of it again.... there are many women that I pray with and speak too.... and I wanted a fresh reminder of this 'mind' in which we battle. 


I find myself, daily, having to remind myself of WHO I am in Christ and that I am MORE than a conqueror...I am HIS! 


I am pretty healthy....I read....I study... and I praise God that I don't have too many vises...like I don't have to have that cup of coffee or diet coke before I can function.  So, I figured I am pretty 'clean' and then -- yet, the enemy can STILL pierce  my heart ....but only if I let him. 


I just reviewed Chapter 1.


The Mind is the Battlefield.

I love how this chapter started with Eph. 6.12.


For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 





Our Enemy is pure and simple -- Satan.
 Not our family....our kids....our jobs....our circumstances...our ....




Jesus called Satan the Father of Lies in John 8.14.



I found this very interesting as I had never thought of it before -- Satan has studied us for a LONG time.
Satan knows what bothers us.  He is willing to invest ANY amount of time it takes to defeat us.  One of the Devil's strong points is patience.





Patience -- really?  That is one thing that many of us women struggle with ....the lack of Patience.  We were given the right amount of patience when God created us...we...maybe..just have not learned how to access it??  !!   Got to think about that!

So we have to learn to TEAR down the strongholds.  Stop and think about those strongholds in your life.



A stronghold is an area in which we are held in bondage due to a certain way of thinking.



For example, perhaps you grew up believing and thinking that dancing was a form of sin and therefore it would lead to condemnation. 


Or, because of  the way you were brought up, you can't believe that you are of any worth -- that is a stronghold --- it fashions how you behave now, how you speak, and how you live. 





2 Corn 10. 4-5 is how we tear those strongholds down.


The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. ON the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.  We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 








It is important to acknowledge -- we ARE in a war.  Period.


  Satan is in NO hurry...he will wait us out.

 There is that patience again.




The Word is our Weapon....John 8: 31- 32

 If you abide in My word ( hold fast to my teachings and live in accordance with them), you are truly My disciples.  And You will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.





Lord, that we would understand and realize that 'we' are NOT of this world....and that our eternal home is with You.  In the meantime, we will walk with you, and seek to find you in each and every situation.  Lord, that we would demolish strongholds with Your word and that we would be obedient to take EVERY thought captive and make it obedient to Christ....   as in  HIS word we run too and Your word is a strong tower - our direct communication from You .  Thank you Lord, Amen. 




If you have the  book, please reread Chapter One and place forth your comments and such.  And, or if you don't have the book but wish to interact with this blog -- please do.  Here is your question: 


When has God fought for you?
Share a stronghold you have overcome with HIS word as your sword:
or...WHAT about that work patience....do you agree or disagree that Satan has pretty good patience? 


 Leave comments below in the reply! 
Let's have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!