Saturday, January 9, 2016

A repost and specific prayer... updated. Desire.


Sex.

Really?  I mean - THAT is the desire men have right?
Is that not WHY we were created?

Nope -- God created us because it was not healthy for a man to be alone.  God uses marriage  -- Marriage is a covenant agreement in which a man and a woman are legally and spiritually joined together as husband and wife.

Genesis 2: 24-25 says..."a man will leave his father and mother "-- "and be united to his wife" -- by an act of our will -- there is a bond   -- "and they will become ONE flesh" --

Physical oneness is the ultimate consummation of sexual closeness.  But we need bonding and to  choose to separate from ourselves and be loyal to another.

Matthew 19.6  "they are no longer two, but one.  Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."  

Ladies -  I am listing these suggestions in love.  We fulfill our husband's desires by admiration - praise his positive character traits and respect the burden of his responsibility.   ( proverbs 31.23)

Support them - provide a peaceful home, atmosphere, and manage the home....if you both work, then share the chores.  ( proverbs 31.27)

We were created to CRAVE companionship - he does too.  Develop a mutual interest and learn to talk to him about his work and what he does.

Be attractive.  ( proverbs 31.25)  Develop inner beauty that earns respect and display inner strength regardless of outward circumstances.  But also -- open YOUR eyes.  What are you attracted to?  So...what does he see?

Sexual Fulfillment (1 Corinthians 7. 4-5)  Talk to each other about your sexual desires and give assurance that your husband is sexually adequate.

I found this list above and I had to take a deep breath and ask myself...am I fulfilling his desires?


So with that, I will just add a little personal touch:

 As I said, I went over that list above about ways to fulfill your husband's desires and checked out the scripture links and asked God -- how am I doing?

I do admire my husband - now.  Seriously, I always did but I let that become an idol -- long story, different blog, but now, I make sure that he knows what I do admire.

 I do support him and he supports me but when a marriage is tested -- you figure out  why there is tension and we both are in a place now where we know HOW to get readjusted.

We had to have help - a professional counselor that TAUGHT us how to communicate.
We had to have help - a professional counselor that TAUGHT us how to communicate.
We had to have help - a professional counselor that TAUGHT us how to communicate.

We had to have help - a professional counselor that TAUGHT us how to communicate.

We also had to come up with some NEW ways to have companionship -- got a Harley -- now we are both going to the gym.    It is SO easy to get complacent and in a rut..in EVERY area of our marriage -- if you get my hidden meaning -- be creative.

And I will be honest - our therapist was also a sexologist - just saying -- godly counsel well blended in BIG time  and if you read this blog often - you understand that our marriage has been tested and we  survived - it was a miracle and I am so thankful...but tonight -- someone reading this ...

..maybe needs to pray this prayer and maybe rethink her marriage -- and admire her husband or find something new to do with him....etc, etc.

Or...the husband...needs to read this and rethink what he is doing....  



Lord, I come to you and I ask for the one reading this, that she will find the courage in YOU and the strength to change what needs to be changed...weather it is how she speaks about her man or how she treats him.  Lord, I pray she will admire him ( God we are believing he is admirable )  and that she supports him.  Lord I also pray she will dig deep and change what needs to be changed, or even 'spice' it up a bit - but mostly God - I pray the wife reading this has a relationship with her husband where she feels comfortable and loved -- and if not - open her eyes...open his eyes and may they seek the wise godly counsel and professional counsel needed to solve the problem.  God I don't want to SEE one more family hurt by divorce or separation ...not one more...Lord God - we are Christians - may these wives and their men - may they understand the covenant with You - In jesus name, Amen.   

Lord, I come to you and I ask for the one reading this, that he will find the courage in YOU and the strength to change what needs to be changed...weather it is how he speaks about his wife  or how he treats her.  Lord, I pray he will admire her ( God we are believing she is admirable )  and that he supports her.  Lord I also pray he will dig deep and change what needs to be changed, or even 'spice' it up a bit - but mostly God - I pray the husband reading this has a relationship with his wife where he feels comfortable and loved -- and if not - open her eyes...open her eyes and may they seek the wise godly counsel and professional counsel needed to solve the problem.  God I don't want to SEE one more family hurt by divorce or separation ...not one more...Lord God - we are Christians - may these wives and their men - may they understand the covenant with You - In jesus name, Amen.   


And...I have to UPDATE this... give her the courage to do the HARD when he no longer wants to live... or wants to fight for her....  

And give him the courage to rethink what he did...and I pray she is OPEN to having the marriage -- even though there is divorce...to be opened....to be restored.... as the children need both parents.....

And give them BOTH the courage and the strength to FIND the funds and SEEK the professional counsel needed....to make those changes.     

God....   may they believe what YOU intended for marriage......   



And PS LORD -- the sex thing....God YOU created something lovely -- if it is not lovely for her - help them seek help and if it is not lovely for him - show her WHAT to do and /or seek counsel.....  Yes, Lord, it seems weird and so embarrassing...but it really does NOT need to be.  YOU got it Lord, I know you do - give them the courage to SEEK YOU and fix it.  As it is something YOU created for our pleasure - I bind the enemy that has made it about him...Lord God - restore. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!