Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Blessed is she who believed --

Luke 1.45 
Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill HIS promises to her. 


Christmas has come and gone.  I was "blessed" with a fever and some sort of virus that descended upon me  Christmas Eve and I spent a lot of my holiday  time in my bedroom;  but, indeed God wastes nothing.  There were new prayer requests.  Requests I prayed for over and over.  And new insights into His provisions and His Word.   There were lots of dreams made. 
Lists that were started.  And there was just time to sit -- sit and realize how blessed I am, but also how protected I am from 'REAL' stuff at times.  

My heart has been hurting for a mom.   I got news of this mother right before the holiday.  She is extended family.  Her son has had a hellish year and  recently went to  her ex husband 's funeral.  And recently got a call that her daughter was involved in an accident.  Her daughter left an office  party in a car and she shouldn't have. She was only a mile or two from home.  She crossed the center line and two other lives met Jesus pretty quickly because there is usually fatality with head on collisions.  That daughter  is 25.  My daughter is 25.  I am not making excuses.  Drinking and driving does kill.  However, the fact that this mother is about my age ......it just really HIT me hard.   That daughter is awaiting a hearing date and sitting in a jail cell.  My heart aches for ALL involved.  

It can almost get OVERWHELMING - but this is God's problem, not mine.  But the burden to pray is so real --

...there, but because of the GRACE of God go I.....
....there, but because of the GRACE of God  go.....


Christmas is a time for new birth and new promises and  it ushers in a new year.  
I have prayed for this mom and her daughter and her family as her family is very close to my family.  My heart aches -- but I will believe in the verse that GRABBED me this am -- Luke 1.45.  


Luke 1.45 
Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill HIS promises to her. 

So, I am blogging this am -- for myself.  To remind myself of His promises.  THERE are hundreds in His Word but I will focus on these 7 -- I pray it will help another to believe that indeed -HE will fulfill His promises for YOU too!    - Michelle


What can be said about God's promises to us?

He has promised to supply every need we have. The Bible says: "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus". That's Phillipians 4:19. Now notice, God has obligated Himself only to the extent of our needs. That would include food, clothing, shelter, companionship, love, and salvation thru Jesus Christ. It would not include the multiplicity of luxuries that we have come to think of as needs.

  So, according to God's Word, I will believe and pray that a young woman sitting in a jail cell this  very moment believing that her entire world is never going to be the same ---I will believe that God will provide every need.  God knows what will come next.   I know she did not mean or set out to drink and drive but her choices did play into the end of some lives.   Now what is next?   As HARD as it is to sit here and  pray for God's will to be done, my heart hurts for her family and how to walk in this normal.   I pray for the families of the women who met Jesus that very moment and I pray that all involved will seek God to meet every need. 

 And, I will believe that HE will fulfill His promises for her--even in that jail cell.  

And I think of another mother in heaven whose son is still serving a sentence because of another's death and his choices.  I will never forget her face as she spotted me in Publix,   and  shared how she was thrilled to know her son had finally submitted his life to Christ and was making a difference in the lives of others -- even in his prison cell!    

...there but for the GRACE of God go I......

God has promised that His grace is sufficient for us. (II Corinthians 12:9). in fact, He has made provision for our salvation by His grace through faith. Read Ephesians 2:8. It is through an obedient faith hat we have access into the grace of God according to Romans 5:2.


So, according to God's Word, I will believe that the wife, whose husband walked out this past month and texted her that he wanted a divorce, possess the grace from God to help her in this new normal.  Will her husband repent and show godly sorrow?  Will her husband bypass his own selfishness and return to his first love and fight for their marriage and the family they have established?  I can see she is showing great grace and mercy, and I pray that the knowledge of His grace within her own life will be sufficient for her to wait. 

So I will believe that as she walks this new season out, He will give her the grace that is sufficient!  And I will believe that this marriage, who Satan has targeted, will be saved!!

 God has promised that His children will not be overtaken with temptation. Instead, He assures us that a way of escape will be provided. This promise is recorded in I Corinthians 10:13. Jude wrote: "Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present your faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy" (Jude v 24). Darius, King of the Medes, said to Daniel, "Thy God whom thou servest continually, he will deliver thee" (Daniel 6:16). He did deliver Daniel from the den of lions.

So, according to God's Word, I will believe that perhaps those choosing to continue in sin and destroy the relationship of marriages,  friendships, and /or other relationships  -- may not be His children.   !!  ??   This is a very hard promise to comprehend at times for me....  I guess, it is easier for me to think or believe that these people, that seem hell bent on destroying others and allow the enemy to dictate and guide their actions,  must be so FAR from the hand of God that ...well, that makes some sense to me. 

 Why would a person, who claimed to know God, loved God,  did God's work - all of a sudden turn his or her back on every godly practice and  destroy or want to destroy a family?   a marriage?   a relationship?     Some would say they never had experienced a true salvation with Christ.  I think they have chosen to deny God and they have hardened their hearts. 

  However, that is for God to decipher and for me to let God deal with.     Big tough thoughts!

But I will believe and pray for that wife holding onto the sheer promise of a wedding vow that her husband has destroyed  and   severed.  
And I will  believe and pray for that mom, holding onto the sheer promise of that baby smiling up at her and claiming to love Jesus  ....that the wayward thinking  young adult will come back into alignment with Jesus!   


I will just believe that those marriages CAN be restored.  Because of the GRACE of God...go I!  

God has promised us victory over death. He first resurrected Jesus by way of assuring our resurrection. Peter said: "This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we are all witnesses" (Acts 2:32). Paul wrote to the Corinthians: "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (I Corinthians 15:3,4). Later on he adds: "but thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" (I Corinthians 15:57).


There has been a lot of death in our community and around me in the past month.  But I praise God for those who are rejoicing today as their loved one is with Jesus.  I pray to God about the others as their lives did not display His blessed HOPE but indeed I believe that God revealed himself to each of them in His time and I believe each person will have a choice to choose HIM and eternal life before they meet their Creator.

So, I can believe the FORCE of God was with Carrie  Fisher.  It is interesting to see the world as it mourns a movie or pop icon, but truly, she is a child of God and I  know she met Jesus on Tuesday -- whether I will see her in heaven one day, that will be realized later.  But again, probably in heaven when we are all healed and whole -- we will ALL be ICONS with HIM!  

God has promised that all things work together for good to those who love and serve Him faithfully (Romans 8:28). It may be difficult for us to see and understand how this is accomplished at times, but God has promised it, and He will deliver.

This promise -- I am banking ON!  All things....... all things...   all things....  even when it does not appear that God is  AT work - HE is! 

So, I will believe that the marriages that my husband and I are standing in the gap for -- will be restored as the wives in these broken marriages have enough faith to WAIT on God and believe like I did -- and GOD won!  

 God has promised that those who believe in Jesus and are baptized for the forgiveness of sins will be saved. (Read Mark 16:16 and Acts 2:38).

Amen !!  

God has promised His people eternal life (John 10:27,28). In closing, let me appeal to you to live so that the promises of God will be yours.

I admit, laying in bed with a throbbing head, fever, and the chills -- I thought of heaven and how there would be NO sickness!!   I thought of how the people of the old testament waited some 400 years before the baby Jesus was born.  I thought of Anna who waited day after day  and finally held that baby in her arms.  And I thought of Carly as God has a beautiful plan for her life and I prayed that she would feel HIS loving arms around her in that jail cell.  And I thought of how protected I am and yet -- by the GRACE of God I go..... 

Lord, I pray this blog will meet a need - remind a person to pray today and know that Your promises are true and I pray that each prayer request represented and woven into this blog will be answered.  I am NOT begging you to answer, as I know YOUR Will, will be done, but I am asking that each wife mentioned within this blog and YOU know who they are -- I pray a blessing upon them today as if they read this or not -I pray they will hold onto YOUR promises and smile today and know that YOU have them in Your Right hand.  IN Jesus name, Amen! 



1 comment:

  1. Great result from a rough holiday. Thanks for the words, pray you feel better

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!