Wednesday, February 15, 2017

My belated Valentines Card to my man!!

I have seen him commit his ways to the Lord.

I watch him closing when he is speaking to others and find it remarkable that he can speak to anyone about anything.

I hear him speaking with a new stranger that quickly is no longer a stranger.

I marvel at how God can place him at the right time and place and bingo -- he allows himself to be used.

I stand in agreement with him when praying about something or someone.

I am amazed that after all of these years - we can still laugh at each other and with each other.

I love how in his own way, he is one of the most romantic people I know.

I wonder what on earth he is thinking about when he makes a comment about this or that and quickly, I realize that he has discerned WAY more than I did from the situation or conversation.

I wish I was as confident as he is that FB is NOT for him.

I love how he can still turn my head and I believe he is one of the most handsome men around!  

I often think about WHAT else the Lord will teach or show me about him.

And then.... I am reminded of this and I am grateful I have seen it in his lifetime --  And I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their stony, stubborn heart and give them a tender, responsive heart,   EZEK 11.19

I hear him speaking life into his son and our daughter and our new son in love.   I hear him gently laugh and kid and yet, look them right between the eyes and remind them of truth -- HIS truth.  

I hear him cutting up with a former student and in the next breath speaking to a parent and making that parent feel like their child was his favorite.  

I love how he can spoon me and make every care go away as we nod off to sleep!  

I marvel at how I believe it took more faith on his part to believe that God could change his heart rather than the faith I needed to believe in God's promises.  

And then.....God is not human, that he should lie,
    not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
    Does he promise and not fulfill?    NUMBERS 23.19  


I love how he memorizes scripture and then uses that knowledge to pray for and help another believe that God will keep His promises.  

I also know -- that I take him for granted.  



Brendan, I don't ever want to take you for granted.  I don't ever want to forget what it was like before you or how it would be without you -- 

I remember our first kiss  and but don't wish to forget our last touch.   I pray I don't let a day go by without telling you, how much you mean to me, how deeply I love you AND  how much I need you!  

You made yesterday the BEST Valentines Day ever -- it will be HARD to top it - with buying a house and all.....   But somehow I just believe you will.  

Thank you for my hot chocolate and card, I am sorry I did not get you one.   I did have one in the cart to buy on Sunday, but when it rang up at $8.49, I knew you would me rather forget the card and save the $8 dollars.   But --- I pray this card/blog will do.  

Lord, he is a mighty warrior for Your Kingdom.  He has been attacked so often by the enemy and with every breath and prayer he continues to remind Satan that YOU have already overcome the world.   Bless him today Lord,   I pray that EVERY deepest heart desire that lines up with Your will for him and our family is what is received.     Lord, as he is 1/2 way done with this school year and then come August he will begin his LAST year as a teacher and then transitions to full time Insurance Office, please continue to give him the knowledge and wisdom to make the BEST decisions that are for the good of all and our families.   Protect, provide, and give insight. 

Thank you Lord for providing -- for providing him -- my husband.  

IN Jesus name, Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!