Saturday, June 17, 2017

Happy Father's Day Prayers

 Proverbs 127. 3-5 -- 

Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
    are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man
    whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
    when they contend with their opponents in court.

My Dad - Jim 


Blessed is the man whose QUIVER is full -- I am one of 9.... I guess my DAD is blessed!   



 Deut. 1. 29-31
29 Then I said to you, “Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them. 30 The Lord your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, 31 and in the wilderness. There you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.”


My Father-N-Law - Lowell and Nephew Dustin


I have been blessed with a Father -n - law that has gone before me many times --- He certainly is a blessing!   




Proverbs 3. 11-12

My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not resent his rebuke,
12 because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
    as a father the son he delights in.



Raising children is not for the faint at heart -- my husband has been the one that has had to discipline our children at times...

My handsome husband and 1 of my 5 brothers!


Deuteronomy 5. 16


Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you.



My Son-n-Love - Jake and his little girl!   My Ava Lynne!






 Jeremiah 29.11


1For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord



 BEING A NEW DAD.... WHAT POTENTIAL! 

My son is in the middle..with his soccer mates -- all future fathers!  











  ---BEING A DAD IN THE FUTURE! 




I am unsure where you are as you are reading this -- maybe you are a dad --

...maybe you are the daughter of a dad that did not show or extend much love for you as a kid---

...Maybe you are a very happy and well adjusted adult that enjoyed a very godly dad and now you are enjoying him more as a friend -- 

....maybe you are a 'kid' just wanting more from your dad --

or maybe you are just a blogger that felt deep in her heart that she wanted to honor her dad and the other dads in her life -- that would be me....  


I am very fortunate to have several men in my life that have played such different roles and have been father's to me -- Happy Father's Day to all of them and especially the one whose name is on my birth certificate --  You have been the best dad for me and and thank you!!   Dad, you have taught me much and I know we don't spend a lot of time together being 1400 miles apart, but you are indeed in my thoughts and prayers daily!   If you were closer DAD  -- you would be having dinner with us and enjoying the Florida sun -- and some strawberry shortcake!!   - love, Your first born.  

And to my other dad - Lowell -- thank you for being a guide in this life as  dad to me, a grandpa  to my kids, and also as a teacher of God's Word  to both me and my hubby.  Your walk and work ethic has always been one of great example and I thank you.  Happy Father's Day!   Love, Your first 'daughter-n-law'.  

To my better half -- Happy Father's Day Brendan -- You have indeed been the most perfect father to our two children and I just LOVE how I see you now fathering our grandkid...  I can't wait to see you with more of them!   Love, Chell 

To my Son - in - love -- Jacob -- WOW -- I have watched you just grow in the past  24 months as it was about THIS time 2 years ago when you sort of entered our lives.  From that fateful and prophetic Anniversary celebration to that Walk down the asile....I am most proud of you.  And now, I get to watch you be daddy to Ava Lynne and for the next one.... I can't wait!    Happy father's Day Jake!   Love, Michelle 

To my Son -- Hunter -- there is NO Father's day wish for you -- lol!   However -- I know that in God's timing and in the future -- you will make one very good dad -- and I pray, if the Lord tarries -- I get to witness as many movements as I can!!  - Love, Mumzie 

To my brothers and brother - n laws ....  Aaron, Daryl, Chris, Trev, Nate, Craig, Carl, Quentin, Ryan, and Brad -- thank you for being who you are...and I ask God to bless you as your raise  your children and love your wives  -- may you be blessed as you continue to seek Him!   And Happy Father's Day - Jordyn....may His light be your Guide! 


  And now -- I would like to pray for these dads -- and those future dads.... and for the women who are hurting right now cause they never did have that dad to love and care for them ---- 

  Lord,  I pray specifically who have not experienced the love of a Father -- I pray that the Spiritual Father's You had in place for them -- spoke Life and mentored and if they did not, then I pray that soon, very soon, those hurting hearts will seek You for healing ----

Lord, I pray specifically for those future dads -- God that they would seek You and honor those women and become father's ONLY after courting,  dating, marriage, and lives are established.    

Lord, for those young men that have sort of started off in the wrong direction or out of fear....may they find You ...seek You, act according to Your Word and change those circumstances around for Your pupose and for their good.  

Lord, for those young men with children -- that they don't get to see or be with -- may you guard their hearts and help them establish that balance of being a good father and speaking life when they ARE with their children.  

Lord, for those step dads and bonus dads that you bring into the lives of children - maybe they take that role seriously and be that guiding presence for their wife and the blended family! 

Lord, for the dads in our lives that maybe did not get it right at first but did eventually -- may forgiveness be extended and love prevail.  

Lord, for the spiritual father's that came into our lives, bless them as only you can.  

Lord, for the new dads out there in this world that are living by Your Word and walking in Your light - bless them with children who honor their father and mother.  

  ** And now -- if you are a wife or daughter reading this -- you can place the name of your husband or brother IN this prayer and adjust it to fit your cry and prayer to our Lord ....  This is a powerful prayer -- one that can be used for many reasons ....I pray it will help you pray for your dad or a son who needs to be reminded of his purpose!!   

- michelle

Lord, it is  for those For this reason, ever since I heard about ________'s  faith in the Lord Jesus and his love for all God’s people, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks him, remembering him  in my prayers.  

17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may __________seek   the Spirit[f] of wisdom and revelation, so that  he may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of His heart may be enlightened in order that he  may know the hope to which You have called him,  the riches of  your glorious inheritance in your  holy people, 19 and your  incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.    IN Jesus name -- AMEN!   


Happy Father's Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!