Friday, July 5, 2019

Faith over Feelings Strong BOLD Prayers Day #4

July 4th.  Wow what a day!   If you are following you know I am in Washington DC and each time I am more WOWED at what God can do and is doing.  

Yesterday was the day to celebrate our Independence.   July 4th.  This city is full of history,  protocol,  rules and guidelines. 

 A friend  was worried about me traveling to Washington DC, much less traveling during the 4th -- I have to admit - my eyes are open all the time-- but there is such a presence of security everywhere we go!  I feel safe and have faith in our protectors -- the police and secret service as well as the military all over.  

Yesterday we had a private party at the Women's Service Memorial and we were blessed to watch the fireworks from the roof of that building with the rows and rows of tomb markers in the background at Arlington.  As I watched the fireworks, which were amazing, I thought :
 Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there
I thought of all the buried around me.  
I thought of family who are serving and who served to help protect my country. 
I thought of the constant controversy between our political parties and the constant barrage of 'hate' towards our President. 
I thought of the many homeless people I saw as we traveled from here to there.
I thought of the women and loved ones who are trusting faith right now instead of their feelings.    

But mostly - I thought of the people WHO died for my freedom -- so that I could enjoy a lemonade on the roof of the Women's Service Memorial and be amazed at the wonder.  

And I thanked God.  

I thanked God that MANY had faith in something and went past their feelings and fought for a cause.  
I thanked God that way back... Abraham had faith and became the father of many -- 
I thanked God that way back ...Moses had the courage to be obedient --

And I thanked God that way back....Jesus prayed and said, "not my will but Yours Father".  

Humbled.  


Very humbled.  


Lord, for those following these prayers.  Lord, for those that can't see their faith through their feelings right this moments -- I pray that they would reflect on what they DO have faith in and just move forward with that.  I pray that YOU would become so real to them -- that they'd go and read that story of Abraham and/or Moses and believe.  I pray they'd even seek the story of Esther and believe that their faith - can move mountains and change their history as well.  May they seek and hear YOU through their feelings.  

In Jesus most historic and heroic name...Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!