Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Faith over Feelings BOLD prayers Day #6 -- Fear of or Worldly Climate

Fear is something that has many forms.  On the last day of our trip, last Saturday,  there was a Freedom Rally very close to our hotel.   In Pershing Park.  We were staying at the TRUMP hotel - so, I was very aware of all of the police around our hotel and security.  Honestly, I felt very safe  and truly trusted EVERY person I came in contact with -- until Saturday.  

We were told to be aware and careful.  We were advised not to 'hang' on the sidewalks or outside of our hotel.  I  noticed that the beautiful entrance way was barricaded off and all of the planters with beautiful plants were now moved to behind the barricades and closer to the north side of the building.   The hotel used to be the old Post Office.  It is an historical site with an old Clock Tower that is open to the public.   

However,  all seemed well and we set off and went to our SPY museum tour.  

When we returned we noticed the street was lined with cop cars and cops on bicycles and so forth.  I counted 30 just in vehicles and there were almost that many on bikes and horses. 


We went back into our hotel to take a nap and didn't really realize until we watched the news what was going on.  There had been a freedom rally and then Antifa wanted to come closer to the Trump Hotel and display their cause.  That is when some altercations occurred.  

When we left the hotel to get some supper, we were stopped again and advised to go back into the hotel.  I noticed many in black with radios.  I noticed others with radios and suits on -- I actually thought they may be some secret service or security -- I came to find out they were from the Proud Boys and another group of Pro-Trump Supporters.   

But anyway -- the entire point of this blog was to sort of 'set the stage'.  

Did I set it?  

 
I noticed how I went from BEING safe to being a bit fearful within the hour.  

I noticed how I could LEAVE the situation and all was well -- back to my 'little' peaceful bubble and yet, it still WENT on outside no matter what.  

I also noticed how quickly a mood can change -- because of WHAT someone is wearing.  I witnessed and noticed  those wearing their Trump attire -- were attacked.  Pure and simple.  

In speaking with the Security of the hotel later that night, when we arrived back from our dinner excursion,   he informed us about the details of what tried to occur earlier when we encountered the tense face offs and yelling.  He also spoke of 'how' security really goes on a normal day but that this day - was heightened because of the Antifa that were bused in.  

These people were probably paid to protest and look for altercations.  That really didn't register  with me either. I mean --

I had been in the Nation's Capital all week, learning about the sacrifices our forefathers made for our freedom and the right to peacefully protest or even speak their beliefs and they did it with courage and bravery.  

And these Antifa one's were being paid?    

  Oh my -- THERE is TOO much to editorialize or give opinions on -- but bottom line - fear.  

I felt it.  I saw it.  And how do we overcome it?  

Through the knowledge of Jesus and knowing His blood covered it all.   And we prayed. 

Truly, as Bren and I walked away from the tension -- we prayed.  We prayed for our Nation, for our President and the ones being attacked verbally.  We prayed for our upcoming election race and prayed that God would orchestrate His Will.  As we walked to dinner and then back, we kept out eyes open  -- watching.  And we avoided those on bikes wearing all black that we found out later were scouts.  We noticed pockets of police walking and watching.  They were on guard. 


I couldn't help but think of Satan -- as there was a real sense of evil among this group - that would not display their faces and stayed behind their masks.  

Satan does that -- hides and yet his presence can be known.  
We need to be watchful and on guard -- with our armor on and not a part of the silent majority -- to stand up and speak God's truth.  


So today -- 

Lord, for the one reading this that may be dealing with fear -- for whatever reason, I pray she or he will open their bible today and go to Psalm 23 and read it over a few times to be reminded that though we walk in a valley of death -- we don't have to fear the evil.  God, YOUR Word does change the atmosphere -- God I pray the one reading this would understand that as well.  In Jesus name...that their faith would indeed conquer their fear.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!