Sunday, July 14, 2019

Faith over Feelings. Blogged Prayer #11 - Zoe vs Bio

Life .....  

Make no mistake, God is I AM.  He is absolutely all we need, but He delights in us not only needing Him but also wanting Him.  

So, He gives us something we have craved physically on a daily basis since the beginning of time -- bread.    But He isn't just bread.  He is the Bread of Life.  

Last night -- my husband and I set off on a date and enjoyed supper at Chedder's in Pt. St. Lucie.  The previous time we enjoyed their atmosphere, we both were NOT on Weight Watchers and counting points.  Since vacation -- neither one of us have really been counting, but they have a pre- dinner snack or appetizer of crescent rolls.  Buttered. Fresh. Soft. Perfectly flaky. Crescent Rolls.  Um..need I say more?  

Bread.  The most delicate and sweet taste that literally melts in your mouth. And of course - they bring FOUR of them.  I couldn't just stop at one -- I was starving.  I couldn't even connect to the Wi-Fi to see how many points I was harming myself with -- so, I guess it is best that I wasn't able to really know the damage.    But, OH, THEY, were SO good.  

Bread.  

God is our Bread of Life.  

There are two words for life in the Bible.  One is BIOS, which is used 10x in the Bible, which means, "breath in your lungs or physical life".   The other is ZOE, which means "possessed with vitality looking to the fullness of life."  It is used 135x in the Bible.  


 Luke 21: 34 “Be careful that you never allow your hearts to grow cold. Remain passionate and free from anxiety and the worries of this life. Then you will not be caught off guard by what happens. Don’t let me come and find you drunk or careless in living like everyone else.


This verse has that word life --  the bios meaning.  A physical meaning -- our life, remain passionate or you could lose your life.  

  1 John 5: 2 Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son does not possess eternal life.

This verse has that word life -- the zoe meaning.  When you have Jesus -- you have eternal life.   


Isn't it interesting that the ZOE word for life is 125x more than the physical word life.  
What does that mean to you ?  

I believe it means that we are to spend or believe or think more about our eternal life  rather than our present life here on earth.  

Jesus doesn't just want me to walk around with breath in my lungs  with a shell of existence. He wants us to have a rare vitality, experiencing the fullness of soul someone would experience when Jesus Himself does everyday life with us.  


I want that.  

I crave that.  




Lord, today is a day where our family worked together to accomplish something BIG.  We worked to clear trees from our daughter's home so their insurance wouldn't be  assessed a penalty or even cancelled.  We worked, trimmed, removed, and then cleaned up.  We spent a purposeful time -- making something better so that there would be a longer life for their home and their finances.  Lord -- I treasure that we could do that -- 

However, Lord, there are MANY moms and dads where their work is providing funds to send to a jail or facility so their sons, daughters, and even husbands can just phone home or have a simple toothbrush.  We are humbled that we are NOT in that situation -- but there are so many around us that are.   Lord, too many.  Just too many.  

 Lord, there are grandparents raising children and speaking life into them...that ZOE life.  Lord, there are adult children that don't understand about Your ZOE life or have made choices where their eternal home may be questioned.  And there are adult children who physical bread comes only at the mercy of a jail worker, feeding them on a tray.  Goodness Lord, they are loved as much as any others -- and their parents and grandparents are faithful..... their parents and grandparents loved them  and still love them as much as I cherish my children.  

Lord, you know my heart is heavy for these sweet mommas and grandmothers that I hold before you in prayer -- fill them.  

I just come to you today and pray for those  others that can relate to this blogged prayer and post - continue to provide them encouragement, remind them that YOU see them and that YOU know.   Provide  Lord,   simply provide what is needed.  May their season of question and hurt not be in vain.   Lord, as they seek YOU  - may they find joy -- even in this season and that vitality that YOU created us to have.   Goodness Lord, and help us - me - those around them to minister as Your hands and feet to remind them that indeed their tears and cries are heard.  You are heartbroken with them, but that YOU still have a great plan for them and eternally -- there will be peace.  

 In Jesus name...Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!