Friday, July 12, 2019

Faith over Feelings Prayer/Day #10 -- I am married to Donny Osmond!

So, if you are following this series of prayer blogs, then you realize that I may be off one day, but I gave myself a holiday on the 4th and today is Day #10. 

10 has some GREAT significance.  
First of all if you are a math teacher, you realize the COOLNESS of 10 and if you are into scripture and the value of numbers -- you also know how COOL 10 is. 


In the Bible, the number 10 is used 242 times. The designation "10th" is used 79 times. Ten is also viewed as a complete and perfect number, as is 3, 7 and 12. It is made up of 4, the number of the physical creation, and 6, the number of man. As such, 10 signifies testimony, law, responsibility and the completeness of order.

In Genesis 1 we find the phrase "God said" 10 times, which is a testimony of His creative power.
 God gave the 10 Commandments to man. Ten therefore represents man's responsibility to keep the commandments. 

A tithe is a 10th of our earnings and is a testimony of our faith in the Lord.

The Passover lamb was selected on day 10 of the 1st month (Exodus 12:3), as was Jesus, the Lamb that takes away the sins of the world (John 12:28 - 29; 1Corinthians 5:7). Day 10 of the 7th month is also the Holy Day known as the Day of Atonement. This unique day of fasting pictures the removal of Satan, the author of sin, before the Millennial reign of Jesus begins (Revelation 20:1 - 2).

What does the number ten and Donny Osmond have to do with today's blog?  ...reality.  

I felt Holy Spirit gave me this blog yesterday and as I wrestled with it, talked in my head to myself and sought God, I found myself laughing.  Seriously?  If you know me - you know my childhood crush on Donny Osmond.   

What it is about him?  Well, as a child and one of nine siblings, I noticed they had a BIG family.  And I watched and grew up in the 70's watching TV.  Watching the Brady Bunch.  Watching Eight is Enough and watching how others behaved and got along.  It was my view to the outside world and it was what helped me believe that my family too -- could be that TV family.  What can I say, TV does influence.  It does.  Media does influence, it does.  

Ok, so back to Donny -- I have probably seen every video on You Tube.  I would tape their TV show on a cassette player, as I was outside helping my Dad milk the cows,  and listen to it later that night cause I had NO clue what a VHS recorder was, nor did we have one! ( Or could afford one!)   I found old  VHS tapes  on the Donny and Marie Web site and paid a pretty penny to order them and made my kids watch.  That was indeed fun and they admit d it was a variety show.  Almost all of their shows from the 70's  were played and replayed  on Saturdays in our home  back in the 90's!  I have read almost every bit of text written and even read his book.  I can tell you the names of his sons and I used to know the names  of his Grandkids but now there are too many ...that is getting creepy... I know... right? 
 He is a social media freak and shares much -- but please...keep reading.  

The point is -- as a child, he became an idol.  He isn't now.  He is a FUN  crush and what I enjoy  is reading  about him, listening to him, and watching at times.  ( Like going to Vegas last February!) 

However, I married Donny Osmond.  

I didn't realize it back in 1983....but, I married my idol.  I was in love and he was cute -- handsome...still is.  But, I married a man whom I thought was perfect.  

Unfortunately, I wasn't mature and placed him so high on a pedestal and made him an idol that I nearly suffocated him and me both.  

"Man will always fail us".... and Bren failed me - and yet, I failed God.  

God knew.  He allowed.  And that glass house I had created with him in it -- broke.   We have about ten years....of yuck.   

 There...that is the connection to the number ten.  

My point to this is -- time can be an enemy but in reality -- time is something God created and He created it perfectly.  

I had placed my husband before my Lord.  He was the one that I focused on.  He was my idol.  The Prince Charming that was my soul mate for my lifetime.  


If you know my story  or our story, you know we went through about 3 very ROUGH years....but, many didn't see the four  years  leading up to those three and then the three afterwards where healing began and was worked at -- daily.  In my head - 2004 - 2014 was the season God allowed to grow us both! 

It took faith over my feelings.    It took faith on Brendan's part over his feelings. 

It took faith to believe that my marriage wasn't over when many told me it was.  
It took faith to believe that he would  want our marriage when he had stated, 'he never was in love from day one'. 
It took faith to believe that  God could change a person's heart.  Now....he was willing to have his heart changed as God moved and orchestrated so much.  I do believe we have free will, but I also believe that God is up there -- moving mountains and allowing circumstances to fall because of our choices ....that.... God does draw those wandering back in and His Word does change the heart.  


It has to be...
I have to have faith that people can change -- through Christ.  Otherwise -- why even pray or have hope?  


So, today -- in Day #10 of this series of prayers, I am being transparent and stating....or asking...is your husband an idol?  Is your boyfriend an idol?   Is there something else that is an idol?   Is there something that demands your time  -- that there is no time to really get to know God?  Is there something or someone or even a hurt that keeps you from being a part of a family of believers each week and serve?  What keeps you from being the hands and feet of Christ?  
Have you responded to the Great Commission?  


What is your passion?  
What do you think about the moment you wake up?  

I have to be clear here -- my husband did make some choices that broke me and our children and yet, he has also made choices that have rebuilt our home...our children...and God has used  our story to give hope to others.  

We both will attest and we agree -- it sucked, it was hard, but we both know we wouldn't change what happened -- cause it brought us both to rely on HIM.  And ONLY HIM.  And it took those ten years.  


  Back to idols, for me - it was my family for SO many years, to display the perfect family with the perfect house and that perfect display each Sunday .... 35 to be exact -- but at 45, something changed and I was so broken that I needed a Savior.  I believe I knew of Jesus before that -- but HE didn't become my Savior and God didn't become 1st -- until a fateful weekend back in February of 2011.  


Lord, for the one or many reading this -- I pray they don't have idols.  I pray they DO know that Jesus is their true Savior and that God is the head.  I pray Holy Spirit has permission to speak and convict and they hear Him -- daily.  I pray that whatever they are 'feeling'.....that is a knowledge that their faith IS indeed stronger than their feelings.  


And Lord, I am praying for that one special girl.  I call her a girl -- and yet, she is a young woman.  A married woman - who is seeking YOUR faith and her faith over the hurt feelings right now of betrayal.  Goodness Lord...ONLY YOU know how the marriage will finally end....redeemed or dissolved.  However, Lord..... I pray that she is doing exactly what you want ....whether it is waiting or releasing because YOU have commissioned it.  Either way Lord...I know that I know -- YOU have made her a promise -- and SHE will SEE the victory in this - in YOUR time.  IJN  AMEN. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!