Sunday, July 14, 2019

Faith over Feelings. BOLD Blogged prayers #12 -- Suddenly.

Have you ever noticed how suddenly things can change in your life?


Sometimes, things happen that suddenly change for the good. Sometimes, things happen that suddenly change for the bad.


God’s word promises that no matter what, the good and the bad will be worked together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to his purpose for him. (Romans 8:28)


What the devil tries to mean for harm, God uses it for the increasing of His kingdom. (Genesis 50:20)


I think of that sweet IOWA family that took their young 5 week old daughter out to a ball game and suddenly their lives changed when a stray ball hit their 5 week old and suddenly their lives changed.  


I think of a sweet momma who became a single momma when suddenly the father left as he could no longer be that 'dad'. 

I think of a tired woman whose life changed instantly when she discovered that her sin created a life within her that didn't belong to her husband.  

I think of a faithful  woman who suddenly had to face the reality that her son somehow snapped and their lives have changed forever.  

I think of that dear country singer that signed the papers so his son could be an organ donor at the age of three. 

I think of a momma who has custody of her grandchildren now because her son continues to choose addiction over his faith and children. 

I think of a momma, working to make sure her paroled  son has a place to live and food on his table.   

I think of a young bride that is heartbroken and a widow  because of a drunk driver that killed her new husband as he was coming home from work.  

Sadly  or praise God -- several of these scenarios are on my prayer list and the others are stories I read in the news this weekend.  

There is MUCH sadness and hurt and pain....suddenly.  
To keep the faith - over  our feelings - has me even sad this evening.   Seeking God as to HOW I can help. 
I hurt for several of these woman and mommas.  

On line this eve -- I found this: 

I’ve read many stories in the Bible where God showed up suddenly. Where He changed things.

Saul (eventually Paul) was a man that persecuted believers. He killed many Christians for their faith in God. One day on the road to Damascus God suddenly shown a light and spoke to him. From that day Saul (eventually Paul) suddenly turned away from his life of killing to professing the law and love of God. (Acts 22)  

A mother came to Jesus because her daughter was possessed. Even when the disciples tried to urge Jesus to send her away, He showed compassion and heard her faith filled cry. Granting healing unto her daughter…. Suddenly. (Matthew 15:21-28)

God suddenly changed a heart. God suddenly healed.

So, what do we do in our pauses and waits, during the mountains and valleys in between the next suddenly?

Expect your suddenly today but prepare for tomorrow and wait for the Lord to come to you. (Malachi 3:1, Matthew 24:42 & 44)

Do not fear. God is preparing you for deliverance. It will come suddenly. (Joshua 10:9, Acts 12:7 & Isaiah 47:11, just to name a few).

Do not give up on the promises and dreams God has given you. Do not give up in your faith and trust that in His perfect timing He will suddenly move in your favor.

My dear brothers and sisters don’t get so caught up in the pause between your suddenlies that you do not allow God to work through you to live a life pleasing unto him. (I Thessalonians 4:1-12)

Like the Holy Spirit fire suddenly came down on the day of Pentecost (Acts2) God will suddenly return to take His Bride of Christ home (1 Thessalonians 5:2).


Make Him your refuge. Allow Him to be your strength in these pauses of your suddenlies (Psalm 34:8)

In the pauses of both the pain and excitement God wants you to fully rely and look to Him.

Be ready. Be still.  For on the day of your suddenly, all will see that HE IS God by the magnitude of the suddenly (Psalm 46:10)

Trusting and waiting…….



Lord, you know my heart this evening -- and its 'sadness'.  
I know that I know -- YOU can and will bring beauty from these ashes.  
Help me to just be a good witness and show love and mercy.  
Goodness Lord.... may Your Goodness be felt by the particular ones on my prayer list.  
Lord, for the ones that tomorrow -- a suddenly will happen.....I pray Your Will Be done.  

Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!