Monday, July 15, 2019

Fath over Feelings, BOLD blogged prayers #13. God's Word

I am going to try and keep this very simple and short.  That is indeed hard for me -- as I am a wordy writer.  

When I speak or give my opinion, I find it necessary for the listener to have all the facts and 'what' led to my opinion or decision.  My husband and I have  a secret code.  He will nudge me under the table if I am getting long winded.   This can be a source of discontentment at times,  as I listen to him,  often,  give his opinion and voice;  and it certainly seems "he" is giving all the extra details and I listen to it all.  So why can't he listen to me?    ( That is another blog...LOL...seriously, he has also nudged me in the RIGHT moments too where I was being long winded.) 

See ...did you see that? 

 Did you read that?  

I already started a rabbit trail.  Which can easily get off topic.  

 My point being -- I have made a conscience effort in the past 4-5 years to  'let my words be few'.  Meaning, only speak and say what needs to be said.  Or at least I try......


But seriously -- this blog is simple and short.  God's Word is the tool to help you overcome and have faith over your feelings.  Simply.    And I want to get that point across without taking up too much of your time to read this! 


Today, I woke at 4:34 am.  Quite suddenly.   Holy Spirit had a name on my tongue and I prayed for that person and situation.  It was very abrupt.  Who knows exactly WHAT was transpiring, but I felt led to pray. It was a simple prayer but I prayed and went back to sleep.  I also read Psalm 1 - just to make sure if the Holy Spirit wanted me UP and in prayer, I was a reading but I felt peace.     

When  I did get up,today,  the 'sadness' that was heavy on my heart this past weekend, was STILL here and so, I reminded myself what to do.  As I had reminded a sweet and precious sister in Christ to do this very thing yesterday!!  

So, "practice what I preach"! 

I grabbed my bible app and typed in 'sadness'.  

Revelation 21:4 in the NLT says, "He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be NO more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever."  

Revelation 21:4 in the TPT says, "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes and eliminate death entirely. No one will  mourn or weep any longer. The pain of wounds will no longer exist, for the old order has ceased.". 

I am going to memorize this verse today.  It is at my desk today as I work at my second job.  And I am confident that indeed, reciting God's simple words over my sadness -- will indeed bring forth peace and comfort.  

He gave us His love letter, His Voice to us for this purpose.  


Lord, thank you for the knowledge that indeed -- YOUR Word is alive and active.  I believe YOU are right in those hearts that are hurting.  I believe YOU will move those mountains and indeed I release this sadness to you -- it is not my fault, nor it is my responsibility to fix.  You came for the brokenhearted and and YOU have met me in every situation to bring comfort and peace -- YOU will for them as well.  I know it and praise you for it.  IN Jesus name, may the one reading this today - believe HER faith is stronger than her FEELINGS...amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!