Tuesday, February 22, 2011

a prayer for him

Lord for his head, your word states in 1 Corinthians 11 that we look to You and I pray he will look to YOU and want more of YOU Lord. Lord, for his mind, 1 Corinthians 2 shows us that we are to have the mind of Christ and think of how the Holy Spirit will lead and not our flesh so I pray this in YOUR name that he would deny flesh and think of YOUR mind. Lord, for his eyes, I pray that YOU will keep his eyes from tempation and that he will turn his eyes from sin. Lord, I pray for his ears that he will hear YOUR still small voioce instructing him as YOUR word states that in both Psalms and 1 Kings. Lord, for his mouth, that his words would be pleasing to YOU. Lord, for his neck, that he will humble himself before YOU and be strong, courageous, and careful to do everything written in Your word so that he will be prosperous and successful. Lord, I pray for his heart that he will LOVE and TRUST YOU with his whole heart. Lord, I pray for his arms, that YOU will be his strength. Lord for his hands, that he will enjoy the work of his hands and see it as a gift from you. And Lord for his feet, that YOU will order his steps and that he will walk in YOUR truth.
Lord, for him I ask all of this in YOUR name and I secure the blessing of knowing YOU have great and powerful things in store for him. I pray he won't miss any amount of his heritage.
Lord, I love him but YOU love him more. May I never forget this.
amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!