Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day #33 - Jesus got words of affirmation too....

Today is Mother's Day....many prayers went up for moms all over the world.  Many moms had a harder day as their children celebrated in heaven or their own moms are now with Christ.  Many moms were homeless...many were suffering...and yet others, had no idea that by this time next year -- they would be moms.

It is hard to think globally at times, I mean we are such a self-centered people and barely see past our own stuff....but I got to thinking today as one girl came forward for prayer ....just how blessed so many of us are.

All she wanted was to be 'home with her momma soon...her court date was soon....she had to celebrate her birthday without her momma and she did not want to do that again'.  She is only 7 or 8.  She looks up at you as you pray and just smiles and each Sunday she comes forward to ask for prayer - faithfulness...she needed to hear Miss Linda say, "God is going to answer your prayers".

Words of affirmation.

Hope.

I am a words of affirmation person as well.  I need them.  I need to know that what I do and what I say is of worth and value.  I don't 'have to' have it all the time...but here and there....I want it.

I also want to hear my God say to me one day, "well done my good and faithful servant".

I do.

My husband has been teasing me a little bit this past weekend, as I opened my mouth and just mentioned that...I could use a card or just a little something...words of affirmation .....written words of affirmation.  However, he knows he does not HAVE to do that...therefore, the teasing.

I laugh.  I remind myself that I used to manipulate and guilt him to death about the NEEDING of a card or something and I would eventually get it - but, it was never what I truly wanted.  I wanted the affiramation to come from him .....without any prompting from the heart.

For awhile, the Enemy made me feel guilty for wanting that.  Now...I did make it an  idol,  but as I got healthy and began to see the problem with me manipulating it....I was able to see what I really did need.

I did need words of affirmation, that is a part of me.  That is how God made me.  It is just now, that God affirms me...when my husband does it too -- it is extra!  

So, as I titled this....today as Brendan and I were listening to a CD of a meeting where the Pastor was speaking about the Prodigal  Son, he shared a story of when Jesus comes to John the Baptist and asks to be baptized.  Of course John is like .."no Lord, you should baptize me".  But Jesus reminds him if scripture and that he is to baptize him.  Then the clouds open up and we hear from the heavens, "this is my son with whom I am well pleased".

And the Preacher spoke and said, "see, even Jesus needed affirmation from his Father".
Brendan and I looked at each other and smiled....we BOTH were so blessed by that statement!  

Even God knew that Jesus needed those words of affirmation.  Wow!

With that my prayer today for my sisters in Christ....

Heavenly Father, this prayer is simple...God, for the mothers out there....affirm them.  Speak to them in such a way this evening...this day...this moment that they can hear, "I am well pleased".  Amen!

To be exact...

The Baptism of Jesus

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”
15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.
16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!