Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day #39 and Day #40...GOD is so gracious.....

Ok, I am very tired and have written this blog post in my head maybe 4x.  EAch time I change it a bit...but as I came to the 'end' of my 40 days of prayer I wanted to make sure that I said --HIS words --and not mine.

I started this 40 days of prayer because I believe the Lord gave me a 'job'....I was praying for six women in particular but HE brought several more into my circle of prayer time and HE also orchestrated much in our lives.  ....all in 40 days....

Yep.

I have heard people ask my Pastor, 'how do you hear from God?'  and I know the answer -- you will hear from HIM WHEN you seek HIM.

I so know this to be true as I remember being in counsel with a wonderful lady and as she counseled me I would email her in the am and then read scripture and ask her ...'is this what God is saying?'  And she would try to explain to me the 'how' and I was so confused, but the  HOW...really ONLY comes when you really SEEK HIM and read HIS word and meditate on the word and then do this over and over, and with prayer and careful listening...all of a sudden..you HEAR from GOD!  

Sometimes I hear from God through a song.
Sometimes I hear from God in prayer.
Sometimes it is an impression and then it is confirmed by another, or HIS word.
Sometimes HIS word for me just LEAPS off the page.
Sometimes it is via another - lately HE has been speaking to me through my husband!

It is the most remarkable feeling.  I usually explain it as, "I just know HE is saying, 'atta girl'!"    And I know, as it is impressed upon me -- with clarity - that HE wants me to do this, or HE wants me to think on this.....or HE wants me to know......

Anyway, as I said, I started this season of 40 days of prayer and it ended today. Today is Day 40. In the past 40 days, I have seen one of those women make a remarkable discovery and take a leap of faith.  I have seen another be 'hit' with an earthquake and she is shaking off the dust and grime but she will rise above the earthquake......!!  I have shared my  opinions to another and maybe I have severed that relationship.  I have given another some advice that was taken and to another it was not received well. I have experienced great peace and yet also great anxiety.   I have watched another dig deep and even another  be hurt even more.  I have hugged one that experienced GREAT loss, and I have prayed with another that is just ready to QUIT.  And there is more...so much more.

And then there is me....I am still this NEEDY woman at times, as my healing can jump on a roller coaster when something 'shakes' it up again.    And something did, as God so clearly reminded me today ...

That I must trust HIM in every situation.  I must NOT try and manipulate things --even when I believe they are for the betterment of something, and I am deeply loved and that HE won't forget about the healing that I still need.

HE is so gracious.....   State Cup was a 'goal' that Hunter has had for 4 years.  He has a National Title with the Super Y League.  He accomplished that as a freshman - 4 years ago.  3 years ago, he went to Southern Regionals as a team that qualified because they were considered #2 in the state.  They played their hearts out but lost in the quarterfinals.  I know - we were there.  It was a HOT Louisiana June and it was just a 'yucky' time in our family.  We laughed today, as Taylor, Hunter and I were reminded that the three of us shared ONE King sized bed there and I had to leave the hotel each day for 4 hours as I did the laundry or some of the team uniforms each day at the rinky dink Laundromat in a very shady side of the town.

  Anyway... the past two years have been frustrating as the boys would always get close but they never captured that STATE CUP title - today they did.  Today, the boys played their hearts out!   But I will tell you something, I knew in my heart that they were going to win - as God impressed upon me that HE was going to give me a gift - another delight.  HE wants complete healing for my family and as we will travel to Oklahoma in June...we will be going to compete in the Southern REgionals as a restored family and we will make many NEW and beautiful memories to go on top of the yucky ones.  This my beloved is HOW much I love you ....God is so gracious and I am so humbled....again, I am floored at WHAT HE does for little old me and my family.......

But I am reminded of the verse:

Jeremiah 7:23

New International Version (NIV)
23 but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you

....that it may go well with you ............I trust God.  HE is in control and when we obey HIM, HE is our God and I am HIS people.....and as the verse says - that it may go well with you - it is well with me....

It is going to be well with her...
My boy and the trophy!
It is going to be well with her...

It is going to be well with that one...
It is going to be well with that one....

It is going to be well with her and her husband...
It is going to be well with that precious one...

It is going to be well...for ANY of HIS people that obey HIM.

Lord, thank you for the 40 days of prayer for my sisters in Christ.  But mostly Lord, thank you for the 40 days which changed me again.....I heard you LOUD and clear today - I will remind myself that trusting YOU is what is intended for me.

This is challenging stuff...but I am up for the challenge - I Love you Lord, and I am humbled.
Thank you for giving me a 'redo' of Southern Regionals....this time, God wins!  
me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!