Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day # 32 KNowing whom we are....

Heavenly Father, thank you for completing me and for being the head of everything.  Lord, it is only in you that I am alive (Eph 2.5) and it is only within you that I can walk out any day, smile at any adversity, and celebrate that YOU win.  Lord, thank you for giving me the chance to be free from sin and death (Rom 8.2)  and thank you that fear does not have to overtake me (Isaiah 54.14).  
Heavenly Father, because I am of you, the evil one can't touch me (1 John 5.18) and I am holy and without blame before YOU in love as YOU are my Father. (Eph 1.4, 1 Peter 1.16)


Lord, I can think like you (or try to) cause I have your mind (1 Corin 2.16) and this brings peace,  which  trespasses  all understanding.  It is supernatural. (Phil 4.7) You are the Greater one and You are living in me....therefore I can overcome, rather than those that are in the world. ( 1John 4.4)

And I thank you Father God that I have received a gift of righteousness and that you reign as KING in my life because of Jesus.  ( Rom 5.17)  Amen.  


When I stop and really dissect whom I am in Christ - it becomes power.
 A good power.
 After some research, I found there are some 147 scripture references as to whom we are in Christ.  More research led me to Joyce Meyer's site with a list of 40+ I am statements.....also scriptural as to whom we are in Christ.  I know, that as I worked on a bible/book study which dealt with our insecurities and WHOM we were in Christ--- God began to change me...or maybe TOUGHEN me up!   It is easier to deal with conflict and a crisis of faith when we know that we KNOW who has our back.

Upon working on that study and then trying to LIVE in that knowledge and make it a part of my thinking.....( which takes a lot of time - still retraining my brain)....   I can think of the verse that says, we have PUT OFF the old man and PUT on the new man...which is renewed ( Colossians 3.9, 10)...and that is sort of how I would have to be each day. Renewed.

Putting off  the 'old way' of handling a situation...talking to myself...walking myself through it...crying, maybe getting alone, and then asking  God for intervention......acting like the new person I was with the mind of Christ.  (Sometimes what is actually LOOKED like was me just smiling and holding my lips shut and telling myself - DEAL WITH THIS later! )

I am just saying -- IT Is not easy at times.  Not easy.

 Today is Day #32.  Today, I probably need to give my Cell Pastor a call and just share with her something that happened yesterday  and let her listen and then pray over me...as I know I have to 'let' this knowledge just fade into memory.

 And yet, it was also answer to my  prayer, as I continually ask God to reveal to me anything that can cause me pain that I need to yet deal with, or reveal to me these secret questions I have about stuff....and I ask God to let  me be the first to know what his head is thinking when he is processing something that affects me. And it is not worth sharing publicly cause it would hurt another  but it is something that the Enemy wants to hold over me.  It just is.  Words.  (Words bring life and yet they can also set you back.)   I have said this many times before..forgiveness is a process...a process and it comes in layers.  And as we live, when something new is revealed and it is connected to a past hurt..we have to RE-forgive...and put the proper perspective on it!

   And, it is THAT time of the month where my hormones are UP and just wanting to aggravate me, but knowing that also makes my tongue cautious...and my mind will  remind me...THIS too SHALL pass.  But that is the challenge of being a woman ...a woman that WANTS to be more Christ like....a woman that does not want to give the Enemy a single millimeter of a stronghold any power!
I choose to put the photo of me getting my cycle permit in this blog.  It reminded of another HARD thing I did...a thing that SCARED me to death and yet, I did it...I got it...I did what I set out to do.  There was such a high after that...

And this just does not apply to THIS certain situation that occurred yesterday, but it happens often when two people  live together.  There are certain 'housework or ground rules' that have to be agreed upon to live in the same spot.  There just are especially when both people in the home are working now, the old stero-typical jobs needs to be re-evaluated.  Period.   We are to become one flesh and yet...we won't be made perfect until heaven.  The balance of living and loving with that same person can be difficult and yet MOST rewarding!  My heart has been in prayer for several couples that have either come to Brendan and I or we just know are hurting.   But my heart has ALSO been  in prayer for my  own marriage and ministry together -- that is the cool thing...GOD is in it all.  As becoming one flesh is what God says we become as we are married...and yet, it does not FEEL that way!  Anyway, back to where I started.  

Knowing who I am in Christ is power!!  

After  praying, blogging,  and praying ( I pray as I type- obviously as much of this is NOT me but the Holy Spirit speaking to me!)  and posting this, my heart is already happier and my mind has peace again.  Supernatural peace!    I prayed and asked God -- the ULTIMATE Cell Pastor to take away the sting of the revealed knowledge I received, but I also asked Him, my Daddy, to comfort me and HE gave me this blog....HE gave me new eyes again.    AS I have the spirit of wisdom and the revelation of the knowledge of Jesus...as the eyes of my situation have been enlightened - (Ephesians 1.17-18) 

Be willing to search and seek WHO you are in Christ.  I recommend Beth Moore's book, "So Long Insecurity, you've been a bad friend to me"  And I also recommend Kay Arthur's book, "Heal my Hurts".  Walk through His word, the Psalms are especially comforting.  

I started with a prayer for anyone...I am going to copy/cut and paste it below and personalize it for me, as this am .....in this 40 days of prayer...My heart NEEDED HIM this am!  

In Him, Michelle 


Heavenly Father, thank you for completing me and for being the head of everything.  Lord, it is only in you that I am alive and it is only within you that I can walk out any day, smile at any adversity, and celebrate that YOU win.  God you have done this for me, YOU have been my Rock to which I can always run too.  Yesterday when I know the Holy Spirit and YOU were right there, next to me as I listened to the knowledge revealed..I could feel your strength and yet, my human flesh just wanted to fall down and die..and yet, I stood there- it HAD to be ...because YOU were right there...holding me.  Up.   
Lord, thank you for giving me the chance to be free from sin and death  and thank you that fear does not have to overtake me.   Thank you Holy Spirit for putting me with people that LIFT me up and thank you for the love he expressed and God I praise you because I KNOW that he knows you.  
Heavenly Father, because I am of you, the evil one can't touch me  and the memory of the words will be just that - a memory.  Oh I bet the enemy will try again to throw them back up..but YOU win.  I am accepted, adopted, beloved, chosen, forgiven and redeemed....I am YOURS and I am holy and without blame before YOU in love as YOU are my Father.  Thank you for the forgiveness of my sins.  
Lord,  cause I have your mind  - I can hear and see you today which  brings peace, which  trespasses  all understanding.  It is supernatural. You are the Greater one and You are living in me....therefore I can overcome this recent wrinkle in the healing and it is OVER. 
And I thank you Father God that I have received a gift of righteousness and that you reign as KING in my life because of Jesus.   Amen.  

God I also pray now...that WHOMEVER is reading this.....may it bring them some of your peace too -- and if not...God, may they RUN to you to find it!  Amen.!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!