Tuesday, September 22, 2015

From BEING under the influence to BEING the influence!

 I am reposting an entry from almost a year ago.
I have the audacious privilege to pray with a bevy of beauties each morning but I have missed the last couple of mornings due to some unexpected circumstances.    So, as I came to my blog this eve, I asked the Lord to direct me to an entry that would bless me and others.    One of those beauties 'helped' write this blog some time ago.  The Holy Spirit in me, read with wonder and just confirmed -- I needed to read this tonight and share it again.

I want to be an influence.

I have been reading a lot and praying a lot lately about warfare  --- as there is a dear one very close to me in a battle -- and God is going to win.  I won't let my guard down.  And as I write this...I think of another....and another...and another that God has brought to me to pray with and believe with ---

...they too have come from UNDER the influence to being an influence.  Praise God.

I love my 'life' right now where it is at --- I get to see Jesus - alive and working within those around me!

I pray this blog entry is what YOU need to read this eve too -- Michelle



*****************************************************************

Lord, give me wisdom in writing this.
Yesterday at my prayer time with a bevy of beauties that I work with - a thought popped in my head and I declared it.

From under the influence to being an influence.   

How powerful or what?
A sweet beloved sister in Christ  shared  something about her man, her husband and if you knew her entire history....you would celebrate the story with me.

Just the words imply something but the Holy Spirit revealed SO much more to me about these words.

Someone  could be UNDER the influence of drugs...  alcohol or pills or whatever....
Someone could be UNDER the influence of an oppression of some sort ....
Someone  could be UNDER the influence of a domineering parent ....
Someone  could be UNDER the influence of just a 'bitchy' friend -- sorry - bear with me on this - I promise not to cuss too much.
Someone  could be UNDER the influence of  wrong thoughts and perceptions ...
Someone could be UNDER the bondage of inequities . ...
Someone could be so FULL of pride that it will put them UNDER....

and yet, bottom line - it is UNDER the influence of the Enemy.... whether he is in you, on you, or around you --  the enemy hates Christ...the enemy hates any followers of Christ...so therefore the enemy hates you - he hates me...and he hated that sweet sister's husband.  So much so, that he tried to destroy him, tried to destroy their relationship, and he tried to destroy their marriage and yet - he was defeated.

As now that husband has gone from being UNDER the influence to BEING an influence to another man.  Amen. Praise God.  God won.   .......can you picture me jumping for joy - as I am!

THAT is a Jesus High

Redemption stories always make me smile.    Now.  When I hear the testimony of a sister in Christ that has overcome much hardship and hurt and now God is getting the glory - I jump for JOY within my spirit and physically.  I really do. 

Several, several  weeks ago something was said, referenced,  and the comment was, "I really don't want to hear some woman tell how her husband cheated on her and she prayed and now everything is better". 

At the moment I read the comment, my heart stopped for a nano second and  I claimed I would not allow that to take offense within my soul.   Many times, hurting people say hurting words.  It was  my choice on whether I let it fester or not fester  within my spirit.  I chose not. 

But it made me think. 

So often in my younger years, I would listen to stories from women about their hardships and how God carried them.  I was so callous and naïve - I had NO real idea.  I judged them,  judged their hearts and spirits and I accessed the 'cause' and would just file it away.     My pride would always make my flesh feel better about it - "I was better than them".

Or I would dismiss their claims -- I had no real understanding.  No empathy. 

( Side bar: And yet, I thought I did ....cause I had grown up in a somewhat of a dysfunctional home and now I was 'ok'...so why couldn't they be ok too?     Oh Lord, even as I type those words, I can feel the enemy wanting me to have a pity fest...but I won't.  I know I am forgiven of that spiritual pride and time of my life when I was constantly loving everything else instead of my Lord.)  

Then I would hear of stories of years and years of abuse and seek God.."how the hell did they last that long?" And I would wrestle with God and demand answers.  And I would complain.  My husband reminded me today while he was praying, complaining is telling God that "I " can do it better....

(Side bar: Thank  you Lord that my husband is now an influence within my life -- You use him to speak life to me.  I am thankful for that!)     

  And then, when I actually paid close attention, I would be graced  with more stories of redemption and how God changed a person and beauty did rise up from ashes.  Slowly, very slowly - I began to realize  the Holy Spirit was speaking and I was finally listening. In fact, I quote one of those stories - within the first chapter of Francis Chan's book, "CRAZY LOVE".... he credits a woman that dealt with an abusive alcoholic husband for almost 18 years and he claims that  - they...that couple is one of the most godly mentors to he, his wife, and his ministry.  ...That is a God miracle.  

I have prayed for many women and even presently, can see the hurt within the home and a part of me wants to scream - "GET the hell out"  -- but I know better.   I would never tell one person,  a wife or mother to leave a husband unless she felt her safety was at risk.  No one deserves physical or mental abuse.   Seek help.  And yet, God has brought my attention to many women that did endure for  a season -- to watch God orchestrate a  miracle and now....they are living by the word of their testimony.  We are healed by the blood of the lamb and  transformed by the word of our testimony.
Revelation 12:11New International Version (NIV)
11 They triumphed over him
    by the blood of the Lamb
    and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
    as to shrink from death


I rejoice with that sister in Christ as now her husband is an influence.  But she endured many years of heartache and pain.   But God brought her out of that--God restores and redeems.     I am not stupid, I believe there are people that look at me and think - 'what the heck?'.....and yet, I know that I know that I know.....  obedience brings rewards and no matter what - each person, each woman, each situation is God's. And God shows me daily,  the  why, and  now we are  beyond the pain, and beyond the hurt.....and we are glad for the challenges within our past - as it has brought us - HERE.

( Side bar - my husband and I are presently in the last week of a Marriage Event at our church, as we pray for the couples and people that attend, triggers flood and the Holy Spirit reveals stuff and we  - together - marvel at HOW much God has changed us both - for the BETTER! ) 

WE get that now.  Being on 'this' side of it - our spiritual eyes see things differently now.  We are made new. 

Ephesians 4:23New International Version (NIV)
23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds;

God never intended it to be this hard -
God is not punishing -
God did not purposefully say, 'you much endure this for this' -

He sent His Son for the ultimate sacrifice.  When I truly understood WHAT I was forgiven of - I could and I had to forgive.

   I know that my sister in Christ...when God spoke to her heart and asked her to 'hold on' just a little while longer.... HE blessed her with  a new man and once she is darn proud of.    And I know that one of the reasons he was attacked so by Satan was because there was a calling upon his life. 

Satan does not have an 'in' with God...but he understands that GOD has plans for EACH of us. 

 And for each and every redemption story I have heard -- God bless them.  For all of them I heard prior to my new heart .... forgive me.   For the ones God will bring to my path...I pray I will always SEEK God's face and wisdom on anything I say or do...or pray...

Summary: 
God wins. 

Lord...for the one reading this that does not see the light at the end of the tunnel -- lead her, direct her. show her.  Lord, I pray she will DIG deep into YOUR Word, I pray she will take a Psalm this evening - like Psalm 40 or 45 or 39 and claim it as her victory prayer...I pray she will read those words and get a RHEMA word from you.  Lord, I pray she will SEEK YOUR face and believe that YOU can change a heart and that YOU will make all things new. 

Lord, I pray for the sister in Christ that does not think her prayers are powerful -- God I pray she would realize and know that she has JUST as much power and authority in YOU as I do - or another....  God I pray that if she has never called upon  You for her salvation - that she will RIGHT now. 

Lord, I bind the enemy away from the hurt right now.  God I pray she will have the courage to stop the sin if she is the one in sin...Lord, I pray she will refocus...

Lord, for the ones that are under the influence right now... Lord, I pray they would seek YOU and believe that they are MORE than a conqueror through YOU  ..God I pray this oppression would be bound and that spiritual help would be sought.  Lord, I bind the pride away from those ears, those eyes, and that heart ...that it is NOT too hard.  God I know that You do discipline ....and I know that You will allow 'stuff' to transpire and happen to draw us close ....so God I pray that this one particular sister that is hurting - God I pray her eyes will open and she will see....there is SO much more to learn about YOU and I pray she won't have to 'lose' something to find You...  like I did... God I DO not wish my circumstances upon anyone, but I pray that those around me would see....that perhaps they are playing with fire and that ....they will get burned...may they be aware, that their situation is no laughing matter.  God, thank You.  I believe  YOU will win.   Lord, I thank you for those ones that are holding on and believing in something they can't see right now.   Lord, I thank you for today -- for showing me clearly -- that YOU are still very proud of me

Lord...  YOUR will be done.  May this blog post - draw someone closer to you and give them HOPE.  Amen. 

  - humbled...blessed, chosen, accepted, adopted, forgiven and redeemed...  loved... and in awe of YOU Lord.  Thank you for setting this captive free, use me Lord - I love you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!