Sunday, December 13, 2015

Merry Christmas from the Pritchards 2015

Simple --
Simple letter -- simple update -- simple. 

There are about 14 photos I want to GET on this blog, but my computer 'crashed' this past week and has left me scrambling to get documents saved and prayerfully the photos off the hard drive. 
So, you will get one -- the one we took quickly last night.  

God is faithful and a sweet angel at PECS, got my documents off my Mac and now, prayerfully another sweet computer whiz will be able to get the photos off with out too much expense on my part. 

Moral of that story - BACK up your data.  


Simple --

God has richly blessed us this year.  We have a new son - n - law in which we LOVE.  And we love his parents and extended family   - and had a BLAST getting to know them this past summer and then a wedding transpired in September.  Jacob is truly God's best for our Taylor -- and we enjoy meeting them for supper,   hanging out with them, and just being with them -- in fact, each and every time we get together -- it seems like Jake has been a part of our family for YEARS!    He is an  ESE Inclusion teacher in Pt. St. Lucie and Taylor is a 4th grade teacher in Okeechobee.  Taylor had Elsa and Jake has Hank the Tank, the four of them  live in Ft. Pierce.  We will celebrate with a party in February -- hoping the Wisconsin family will make the trek to South Florida! 

Moral of that story -- pray for your children and guess what -- God answers.   What a JOY it was to WATCH this all unfold at the end of 2014 ....and then in 2015!  

Simple --

Hunter's year has been full of blessings too.  He did not play soccer this past year for FAU, he joined the working force and began the 'final' season of his college life.  He worked for a therapy group this past summer and quickly was asked to continue when school started back in August.  He works in Delray doing stuff within his field of accounting and it has been a great experience.  He had to network  within his business classes and secured his Spring 2017 placement for an internship.  He will work for Grant Thorton which was his dream and an answer to prayer.   We thoroughly  enjoy it when he comes home for the weekend.   He had a life lesson this past October, when he came home to find 3 fire trucks had blocked off their college/house.  He shares a house with 4 others and Hunter's room, specifically Hunter's closet,  was consumed by fire and he lost everything.  Praise God, our renter's insurance covered his losses and God spared his computer - it smelled of a fire, but worked well!  

Moral of that story -- old lamps close to clothes can start a fire. 
 And... smoke alarms do work if you don't ignore them.  LOL. 

Simple --

Brendan stayed teaching ONE more year.  He is going to go for 30 and that means 2 more after this year.  He enjoys his quiet time, riding his Harley, and working at 'growning' sales at our Insurance Office. 

 Me -- I still teach -- it  has been  one of my most rewarding and yet most difficult years so far - but God is in control.  Teaching is a mission field now -- whether it is in public, private, or a charter -- and each of my students become MY kids for 180 days.  Some days, I wonder if I am making ANY difference and others -- I know I am.  I am in my 28th year too  - so I have two more, but I will continue as long as they will have me.  I really enjoy my job. 

Moral of that story -- do something that God equips your for.  You will see HIS glory. 

Brendan and I spend a lot of time together -- doing stuff now-- as we are 'empty nesters' --that we just enjoy and many times....that is just driving over to the book store and/ or  enjoying the gym together.

 I continue to write this blog -- minister to women that God brings to me, as I believe our time is short and HE has a purpose for the healing that HE brought to Bren and I.  But..we let God lead. 

Life is not perfect -- I was REALLY hoping I would have my house by this year ....but it appears it will be a 2016 blessing.  We have a small one bedroom cottage we call home for now and it may be small, but it is simple.  We have learned in the past 4 years of moving and such -- you can live with MUCH less.  And even when the computer crashes.... YOU can survive. 

God has BIG plans  for us -- and those around us.

 Our prayer is that as you prepare and get ready for this season -- that God, Jesus and Holy Spirit are ALL over your events,  your thoughts, and your doings..... as life is too short and we are all but one breath away from heaven or hell.

 There is a LOT of evil present in this world of ours, we believe it will only get worse, as the bible tells us about these end times, but the bible also states about the glories, the wonders, and signs that will be GREATER.... the goodness of the LORD will be more prevalent and the miracles will be great -- we have seen many.  

God wins. 

Oh..and...my family welcomed two new members -- a new niece and nephew.  We celebrated my parents 50 years of marriage.....and one nephew went to the Marines and another entered college.  I love them all -- On Brendan's side, his folks are good and his siblings are good too -- no new nieces or nephews.  But soon Jaiden will have her daughter, so we will have a great- niece... Jaiden and Dustin are due anyday -- yeah!! 

I am SO looking forward to turning 50 in February!!   Yah....right......

 But - I am prayerfully believing that as I celebrate with family ( Taylor's wedding reception is that week) that, it will truly be just a God inspired  event. 

Brendan turns 50 in June ....... but who really cares about that -- LOL - I am writing this letter!   Seriously -- he truly is my gift -- and I admire the man it took 50 years to become!   God wins. 
Merry Christmas from the Pritchards and Padricks.... LIFE is really good.  God wins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!