Thursday, April 16, 2015

TBT - my healing is complete! Guest writer - my better half!

  I can get so overwhelmed about God's timing and then I smile and go..."of course"....As we read HIS word, it is living and active.  And, HE uses all and everything that we endure and come across for HIS purposes and HIS glory.  My Time Hop directed me today to this blog post from ONE year ago in which Brendan was the 'main' contributor.   And you know what?   I needed to post it today - as it fits perfect!  

However, I added a few updates from my hubby -- after another year walking with him in this life.... he has gotten a little more wiser .....  he listens to God and I LOVE that.  

I am SO thankful that my husband -- teaches me so much...I mean, God uses my husband to teach me, as my man is seeking HIM.    Love it...Love that... God wins!  

So here is my TBT post -- with a few updates in RED --


  "My healing is complete and it does not always LOOK like what you want to see".....

When I was praying so fervently last year  for a friend that was battling cancer, God spoke to me.  

----- HOW do I hear HIM?  ( that can be a topic for the future )


 I began to pray and I asked  God to speak to  my friend Trace....I was reminded of how many times - the healing does not come right away....or the healing does not look like WHAT I want it to.  

Back to RIGHT now...today -- 

I was reminded of this Word from God again --- "my healing is complete and it does not always LOOK like what you want to see"....


I have been asking God a tough question over and over these past two weeks - "why do some marriages work out and others don't"???????


My husband, at times,  may hear a bit of a  conversation I am having with  another - I try to keep it as private as possible at times, but I do welcome  his input and ask him  at times for his advice.  He has the gift of discernment,  and as we pray together  -- sometimes other prayers just spill over and he will listen and then give me a suggestion or a reminder.   

He noted something last week and then I stated he should "blog it"  and he was going to -  but that has not happened so I am going to share a bit of it now.  He speaks of the ROLLER Coaster....He is pretty knowledgeable in it, as he was on a roller coaster of faith for a LONG time.

I was too.

 He reminded me  of how there are ebbs and flows of our feelings. He reminds me how you can't be controlled by your feelings.   You will see where a person is so desperate for help and seek godly counsel and get through the crisis of the moment, but he or she won't take that EXTRA step and GET out of the boat and begin  to WALK in faith  with Jesus on that water.  

Many times it is  because  - he or she is  NOT ready. 
Other times, it is because one believes he  will have to 'give up' too much of the 'old life'.
And even other times, it is because people  are looking for a quick fix -- not a LONG TERM relationship with God, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus.
  {Brendan added this week:   "most people see Jesus an an Enhancer instead of a transformer"  -- Good stuff!   .....I think I will keep him! }

But that is OK.  

As, God does not want ANYONE to perish,   that person will seek HIM out again and maybe this next crisis of faith will be the one where that person FALLS in love with Jesus ...and wants HIS companionship and FELLOWSHIP - all the days of his or her  life.  

It really is a cool thing to witness.  

....when one crosses over that line and becomes SOLD out to HIM...

So with that....God reminded me, "my healing is complete"....I know that God heals and HE heals completely - it just may not LOOK like what I expect from THIS perspective.  

But that is OK.  HE is in control. HE only asks me to plant the seed at times and to be a prayer warrior for a season -- but I trust GOD that the complete healing will come to that person...that prayer request.  

I believe God is big enough.

And divorce does not mean that this couple won't GET back together. In fact, I have a dear pal that was about to SIGN the papers of divorce and God clearly spoke to her - 'this is not my plan' and she went back home.....and they have been married now over 20+ years.

I am humbled that my marriage was restored.  I know God brings beauty out of all ashes when we allow HIM to.

And sometimes God uses the divorce ...to bring healing.  But - HIS healing is complete.  

I believe God can OPEN the eyes of that one who does not realize that they are STILL on that roller coaster .

I believe GOD can  open those eyes  of the one that continues on that Roller Coaster --EVEN when that person  appears to GET BACK ON that Roller Coaster with their own poor choices.

The point is -- as I wish to SPEAK LIFE as I wrap up this blog post -- is.....

If you want complete healing -- BE willing to wait on God...HIS healing is complete.  Believe that promise for yourself.  Claim it.  Recite it.  Healing emotionally is - at times - more painful and time consuming than a physical healing.  But - GOD will win.

And as we wait on that healing - STAY close to him.....

 Thank you Lord for this TBT to a year ago, in which You spoke through Your word and my man -- I praise and honor You Lord and I thank you for him.  In Jesus name, amen. Lord, I pray this insight -- this blog post will speak to a heart -- several hearts - male and female.  May they truly allow Jesus to transform them...not just enhance their life!  amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!