Thursday, April 16, 2015

Those DARN cats .....

At  5.23 am, a few days ago,  I could hear the scream and cry of a something.  It sounded human at first and then as I roused myself, I heard it again.  A few moments later, another cry was heard but it was different this time and thus began a series of cries, calls, and a loud discussion.  --- Cats.

Cats.  Yuck.  I am not a cat person and please, don't be offended and quit reading, but there is a 'band' or gang of cats that stalk the neighborhood area where I currently reside.  I can't let Elsa go and chase them, she won't return, but every now and then - Bella gets a good yelp or will chase one and returns looking like she conquered the world and all is well.    So anyway -- there was obviously a problem going on ...... as I laid in bed, this is what I was hearing .....

"help"
"what?" 
"help"
"what on earth have you gotten into?" 
"I don't know but I need help, please?"
"nope"
"nope?"
"nope" 
"you did not listen, I told you...." 

And then a 3rd cat joined in and at this point...there was a confusion of cries, screams, and then you could tell something happened.   And then --  it all went QUIET. 

Now, bear with me,  as I laid in bed, I had begun to pray and could hear the cats and then the Holy Spirit began to speak to me.  And I could not think it through but yet, my mind began to race about HOW this all is related.

God does not waste anything.  So bear with me -- as I TIE this all together. 

I am reading a book right now, where the author is using the research and study of lionesses'  to awaken - this woman.  Me.  A few chapters ago, there was insight into the body of Christ.   In the chapter   called Greet and Groom.   Let me give a little background, Lisa Bevere uses lionesses as her vehicle to share something about the body of Christ.  When lionesses sleep in the day, for almost 21 hours at a time, they lay right there - wide open in fields or an area.  They know that they know - no one is going to bother or touch them.  They are indeed the queens of the jungle or the prairie at that moment.  Nothing will bother them, except,  maybe a rogue lion that won't be able to penetrate  the pride - as the lioness' will band together and they will protect their young.   However, the point is --  they know their identity.    They know whom the lion is,  where he is,  and they are confident in their identity.

In our lives...  do we know our Identity in Christ?  In my life?   I do know.  I do know where my identity lies -- in HIM.

How powerful to know what your purpose is and not worry about what others are thinking and doing. 

And, with this pride of lionesses, as they move about here and there, if one of them gets off the trail or is on a hunt and returns to the sisterhood...she is greeted instantly by another who  gets close enough to SMELL her.   This is how they recognize that 'she belongs' to that pride. Once the smell is received, all is well and then the others sisters will property greet her with licks and such.    Do you know your children by their smell?  I know the smell of my hubby as he has used the same Polo cologne for years and I love digging into that smell.     Interesting!  Or how about this....?  Have you smelled something on your child where instantly you knew -- to pray?  

 Then, the others  ( back to that pride of lionesses....)  will groom each other.  You see, a lioness can't wash a part of  her own face - she can't get the ticks out of the back of her ears nor can her tongue reach to that one back spot where there may still be ...poop on her butt.  yep...  I said it - poop. 

So, the lionesses do what needs to be done.

2 Corinthians 13. 12-14 - Greet one another with a holy embrace.  All the brothers and sisters here say hello.  The amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you. 

1 Corinthians 4: 4-14-15 -  I'm not writing all this as a neighborhood scold just to make you feet rotten.  I am writing as a father to you, my children, I love you and want you to grow up well, not spoiled.  There are a lot of people around who can't wait to tell you what you've done wrong, but there aren't many fathers willing to take the time and effort to help you grow up. 

This ritual of lioness greeting progresses favorably.  Does the ritual of 'us' greeting each other progress favorably?  


Jesus washed the feet of his disciples.  He displayed and showed that he was their servant. 

In fact, Jesus had a conversation with Peter of sorts and Peter refused to let Jesus wash his feet.  So Jesus let Peter know that if he did not allow the footbath, then Peter would have no part in what Jesus was doing.  Peter overcompensated and took Jesus's offer to the extreme by inviting Jesus to wash him from head to toe.  Our amazing Jesus brings it back to the point:

Jesus said, "If you've had a bath in the morning, you only need your feet washed now and you're clean from head to toe...So now you are clean."   John 13.10

That is why Jesus went on to say in vs. 14-17 that a servant is not ranked about his master ...what Jesus did for us - that is what we do for others..... 

Like the lionesses, we need each other to clean off the dirt, ticks, and parasites from our daily living.

When we are a part of a community that grooms one another, we help each other to keep our lives clean.  

I believe and agree with this author, that like the lioness, we need each other to clean off the dirt, ticks, and parasites from our lives.

I agree with the author, it is imperative that when you enter a house of worship ( a church family ) you are greeted and there is opportunity to connect.  And there needs to be an atmosphere of holiness within that church body.

Friendships and churches without connection and interaction will not groom you for God's purposes. 

We must be willing to ask...'do I need grooming?'
We must be willing to serve.
We must be willing to look at a sister in Christ and let her know - there is poop on her butt.
We must be willing to wash feet -- and have our feet washed.  

"However,  this kind of 'foot washing' works both ways.  Not only are we to speak into one another's  lives; we are to invite others to give their input to us as well.  " - Lisa Bevere

I want and need a few that are qualified and wiling to speak direction and wisdom into my life.  I have those women and those  people.  I believe everyone needs 'that' kind of person.  And of course, we look to HIM who is our ultimate 'groomer'. 

John 13.10 says:   My concern, you understand, is holiness, not hygiene.  

Matthew 23: 25 says:  For you are so careful to clean the outside of the cup and the dish, but inside you are filthy -- full of greed and self-indulgence!  


Holiness is a function of the heart.  It is a heart issue.  Confusion can happen when our focus is on avoiding  bad  rather than on doing the good.  Jesus went about doing good, not avoiding the bad. 

When we imagine we are above the need for heart grooming, we start judging others.  In judgment we deny other what we ourselves need.

I believe we can embrace the grooming process because we know the sister lionesses  around us love and are there for us.... for me.  I know whom they are in my life,  and I believe they know whom I am in theirs.   Sometimes, we may disagree -- but that does not mean we disband.    ( from Lisa Bevere, page. 130)

Who are the women in your life that need to be greeted ?
Who in the world would benefit from some tender grooming?
Is there someone you could invite to be a part of your grooming process?



************************
Now back to those cats....

As I heard the last fight, discussion or spat between the three cats,  in cat language,  and before it disbanded, I could not help but think  something was wrong within their conversations...and I thought of gossip.

I was that  person who lived in a glass house for many years and my judgement on others  was not pretty.  I was looking at their holiness and what they did not have right or wrong.   I probably groomed, but not in a godly manner and not for the right reasons.  It was not to nurture and yet, many times I felt it was.

I thought about those cats and had many different conversations with myself and God and the Holy Spirit  today, as with our human flesh and our human frailty -- there seems to be a wanting to rather  fuss then seek out an offense.  I mean, some would rather voice their opinion and share something, instead of taking it to God and to that person.


  I am reminded that time is short  --

I also thought that maybe one of those cats just wanted to groom another and when she went to pick the tick off her back....the other cat screamed "leave me alone".

Perhaps she was unaware that this cat just wanted to help?

I am reminded about  the one who spoke out the grooming -
- or the one who spoke out the offense -
or the one who said something that hurt another.

  And when allow ourselves to listen and then share it can  become gossip.

There is such a quick or fine line there -- as if we are offended we just need to go back to the one who offended us.  However, HOW did we know what was said.......?  Unless another shared info that should of been kept to oneself?  

Oh Lord, forgive me.  

Researching scripture today on gossip -- was painful.

  As with each verse -- I could see the OLD me.  The one that lived in that glass house.  And I asked God to remove those memories and HE assured me, HE had no record. But I am pretty sure, others might.  But, I don't have to answer to them when I get to heaven.  I mean, I have sought out and made amends to those that the Holy Spirit brought to me .....but the rest - it is the past.


Proverbs. 18.8
Proverbs 26.20
Proverbs 21.23
Eph 4.29
Proverbs 16.28  says how a whisper can separate close friends ....

If you are reading this, I challenge you to look up those scriptures.  

ouch....ouch ...ouch.... ouch.... ouch....

I think it is so important to have that greeting -- that connection.  Those cats outside were not mine.  If they were, perhaps I would of jumped out side to see what was happening and maybe rescued that one that seemed in pain.  I know I would of.

 My mom is a saint, she would of hopped out of bed and checked out the skirmish -- but I stayed in bed.  As I said, no connection.

I think that is the biggest difference with me now -- I have real connections.  I am in love with Jesus, I am no longer trying to 'save' another, but just do life with another.  I also have a wanting to help others ....to reach their fullest potential.  I want them to be used by Christ and share that JESUS HIGH that is so addictive.    I want the best for him or her.      And I believe that I am willing to be groomed - I believe I can be that servant.

There are verses in the bible -- Psalm 139.23 in which is speaks about 'searching my heart lord' and how HE sees our motives.  Jerm 17.10 , Romans 8.31, and Col 3.2, Josh 1.9 and of course Ex. 14.14 ...all remind me that I am deeply loved and I only have to 'answer' to HIM.  HE is the final judge.  And again, I know whom I am in Christ.  I am not trying to win a popularity contest anymore.

I only want to hear, "well done my good and faithful servant".
So as the cats awoke me a few days ago --  and I began that  day in prayer and speaking to my best friend -- the Holy Spirit and He enlightened me  --

I know that I know, that God will use everything that He allows within my life for HIS purposes.
God wins.

2 Cor 5.7 -- I am going to walk by faith and not by sight and I am going to continue to believe for the BEST ...for me...for the people around me...and for HIS Kingdom to come -

HIS will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Forgive me Lord, my trespasses  as I forgive those and lead me not into temptation but deliver me from all evil.

Lord -- you win.
Use me.
Amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!