Wednesday, April 15, 2015

You might be a HERO.

Hebrews 11 speaks about the heroes of faith.  The Message Bible, Hebrews 11. 1-2 says, the fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living.  It's our handle on what we can't see.  The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd. 

Heroes are people of Substance.

----Because of faith... there were ancestors that skipped death -
  because of faith...they .....  - pleased God
-built a massive ark in the middle of dry land
-traveled to places unknown
-reached into the future and blessed their descendants
-celebrated the Passover
-welcomed spies and escaped destruction
-toppled kingdoms
-won battles
-routed enemies
-received their loved ones back from the dead
-kept their eyes on the eternal......and the list can go on.

  I am  just using a list from Girls with Swords on pg. 39... 

I want to be that kind of Hero!


We had an excellent night again with Girls with Swords.  Monday, there were two lessons that I can listen too and read over and over.   Heroes and Battlegrounds.   The Cross.

The battleground = our lives.   Look up Ephesians 6.12 - write it out....memorize it.  That is our battleground. 
We don't wrestle again flesh and blood -- but .... spiritual warfare....etc.   That was a powerful reminder as we place our WHOLE armor on and know that we are over comers.

However, the Hero part still has me thinking.

I know many women today -- that have celebrated 'passover' and have been passed over and escaped death --
I know several that have routed enemies - enemies of addiction and pride-
I know several that have spoken life into their children and their children serve God - 
I know a several that have won battles -
I know one that has beaten cancer -
I know one that has a redeemed marriage -
I know one that has had a physical healing -
I know one that has given up all 'anxiety drugs' and has peace and joy with Him -
I know several women that are building a massive ark of refuge within their homes ...believing that the flood of grace and mercy will come back within their men!  
I know a dear few that have received their loved ones back from the dead - a spiritual death....
I know even more that keep their eyes on the eternal -
I know several who have traveled to places unknown ....and returned to share HIS joy and Word -
***

I may not have marched around Jericho 7x but I have walked around a trailer and claimed victory over a situation  and have seen it come into fruition.
I may not have welcomed a spy into my home, but I did allow a stranger back in and I was rewarded for it.
I have not crossed the Red Sea on dry land  but I know what it is like to walk and see something totally dead come back to life.
I have not toppled a Kingdom, but I have battled and won a war with the enemy who wanted my marriage.
I have not turned from an angry earthly king .....but I have turned away from the world to obey God!

Hero.

Lord God, I pray that YOU see in me a HERO - I pray I take risks.  I pray I live as a stranger among this land.  Lord, I pray I have an attitude that blesses you.  Lord, I pray that there would be no comparisons or competition but that I would strive to be YOUR utmost best and that I serve you 'to the hilt'.  I pray I am brave with You.  I pray there is more within me to do more for You - Lord, use me.   Lord, for the one reading this -- I pray that she or he will also recite this prayer and seek you -- and ask you -- give YOU permission to come and use them as a hero for You.  Your champion...You conquer as when we are with you - nothing is impossible.  - Michelle

And Lord, I pray for that dear one reading this -- that needs to HOLD on 5 minutes longer.....and then she will see her miracle.  I pray for the dear one that has been holding for the past 10 years....and still she smiles and believes that YOU are with her.  I pray for the dear one who messed up royally recently but she is taking the belief that YOU will bring beauty out of her ashes - she has given them to you.  I pray for the one that continues to weave back and forth on that roller coaster of life -- she loves you but has not fallen in LOVE with you -- she has not crossed over and she knows she should...she knows she has to .....but for whatever reason Lord, she hasn't....  And I pray for that new one - that little one, that she grows in You and does not allow the enemy to sway her BIG decision and for that precious one -- that knows that she knows...she is beating a dead horse - but she is holding onto something -- give her the strength to LET it go - and believe that YOU have something more for her ...... God, in heaven -- for the one that needs to see YOU break the arm of the evil on -- do it for her today -- let her see YOU bring all justice ...that YOU can take care of it, that she DOES not need to seek revenge- may she see her life eternally and get beyond this temporary state - God, YOU have MUCH to do today - but I know  - you answer - amen.  


   
If you would like to JOIN us for Girls with Swords -- you are STILL welcome -- we will continue on this study for 2 more Mondays -- message me for details. - Michelle 

And The Cross - that is for the next blog -- !!    




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!