Thursday, April 2, 2015

Pleasing God

This past weekend, there was an incredible display of Shekinah Glory. A visible manifestation of HIS power and glory.  I sit here this evening - humbled.  And at times, speechless.

IT is such a JESUS High,  that it takes several days to 'come down off it'.  We wrapped up an Encounter Weekend: however, this is only the beginning as we can Encounter God each and every day!

I witnessed women change and go from being bogged down with sin and shame on Friday night -- to dancing around the room  24 hours later on Saturday night.   I witnessed incredible highs as I prayed with some and I interceded for even more.  Several women were set free of guilt and shame that had plagued them for years.  One woman was visibly changed and walked straighter and had a smile on her face that would not leave.  And out of ALL the incredible testimonies given on Sunday morning, I must share a bit of this one:

One woman stated, " I thought God had forgotten me, everyone else seemed to be close to Him and I was left out".   That is no longer the case -- amen.  She knew that God was right there, very personal and real.   And another just reminded us -- " I love you Jesus.  I love you Jesus. I love you Jesus. I love you Jesus and I love you Jesus."     Several watched years of bondage disappear in smoke as they burned their 'inventory sheets'...and others received HOPE for the future.  As I told the women, when it came time to visit the Cross, all I wanted to do at the moment was HUG that cross.  I wanted to HUG my Jesus whom had taken my sins.  Whether the women hugged it, laid at its base, or pounded the heck out of it with a railroad nail...........it certainly was an evening to place in the history books.  With that, I need to hush now -- as the weekend is private and personal.  As I type this, I prayed - Lord...until the next one, may each of the women that went as recipients and as leaders -- continue to bask in that Shekinah Glory.

Then we came home to Okeechobee.

It is quite easy to have a 'debbie downer' moment  when the circumstances of our lives quickly consume us again....but these women are changed now and I believe that they will continue to overcome.

It may be the Sunshine coming in...but I am claiming it is the SON shine...
Revelation 12.11  We shall triumph over the enemy by the blood of the lamb and the WORD of our testimony --   God wins!


For me,  it was just an incredible blessing and the cherry on the cake of the weekend was  when the Holy Spirit used a woman of God to confirm and speak life into some men at our church.  The men have been doing a series by Tony Evans called Kingdom Men and I must explain -- pertaining to a vision I had last September---

My vision/dream was this:

I awoke to see all the men of the church walking around in the back - holding their bellies.  Some were 9 months pregnant and others only a few weeks.  Each pacing.   Some were moaning and others were standing there like, "what the heck happened to me?".    You see we were getting ready to have our first Women's Nite OUT and  the topic of getting the men to watch the kids was a big deal.  We finally just got babysitters so the women could enjoy supper and a movie.  And  we kidded the men -- it was time to step up.  But we knew,  as women and moms, we knew,  and we prayed as  a body of women -- as these babies would be birthed....  THEY would be ready.

And THAT is what we are seeing within our church body--now.  The men are birthing new ministries and their spiritual inheritance.  And watching it -- is fantastic!!! An honor.

So, when a woman from the Encounter spoke to the men, and reminded them to STEP up - it was confirmation.  God even had 2 others with that same encouragement.

Now, can a woman speak life into men?
I certainly hope so - I have spoken LIFE into my son for years --  and I continue to speak life into my 5 brothers....and even my dad!!  I  realize that I spoken 'condemnation' into my man for many years which had its own consequences...but we are healed from that and now, I speak life into my spiritual head - my covering.  I nurture the words he is reading in his bible, and nurture what God is speaking to him and encouraging what he is  receiving from God.

I found this from Lisa Bevere a direct quote from her out of her Lioness Arising Book:   "the very woman who used to tell me it was wrong for me to speak in mixed - gender audiences now travels and speaks  to mixed-gender audiences. 
 (Yet it is quite possible she still thinks it is wrong for me and right for her, because religion is inconsistent and rarely makes sense. )   So the choice becomes:  Are we going to obey God and serve His people in the process, or are we going to obey people and dishonor God's directive? "

I know I can't please everyone, but I must obey God.
The Holy Spirit convicted me and directed me in EVERY decision and every part of the  Encounter weekend.  Over and over when I would  write a plan and  .....HE would change it and all of us, me especially,  just sat and marveled at HOW God moved.  We reminded the women all weekend to be open and attentive but also receptive.   Time is Short .....

And religion is inconsistent -- what I was told 'was for only Biblical times'....is for the here and now.  And when I was younger and inquired about stories in the bible, again, I was told it was figurative.  God won't be put in a box.  The Holy Spirit won't be put in a box -- well, only if we put them there -----


Romans 15: 1-2
Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient for us.  Strength is for service, not status.  Each one of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking ourselves, "how can I help?".

Pleasing God is what I want to do all the time -- with every breath, with every movement, with every blog -- if this does not edify HIM or HIS body -- that why even take the time to read it.


This photo represents how GOD is orchestrating this to go -- OUT to ALL of HIS people and flavors of church worship --THIS represents -- HIS  Kingdom Come!

I believe we are in a season of transition for women -- and I believe I may be accused of stepping out of place.  Therefore I will claim this:








Psalm 34: 4-5 
I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.  He freed me from all my fears.  Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy: now shadow of shame will darken their faces.

I believe God is very organic....real...  and He appreciates the raw and simple.
I believe being transparent is what I need to be.  I know about being self-righteous - that was me for many years, always judging, and comparing myself and my walk with HIM .....to others.  But I took that to the Cross over 4 years ago.

And as I please God, I pray that others won't look at me and place me on a pedestal.
I received a word from the Holy Spirit for my leadership team -- we can't compare ourselves with each other - nor how  God works in one life compared to another !!

See Matthew 23: 8-10
"Don't let people do that to you, put you on a pedestal like that.  You all have a single Teacher, and you are all classmates. Don't set people ups as experts over your life, letting them tell you what to do. Save that authority for God: let him tell you what to do. No one else should carry the title of "Father: you have only one Father, had he's in heaven. And don't let people maneuver you into taking charge of them. There is only one LIfe-Leader for you and them -- Christ."

As leaders.....we are to serve.  There were several woman that asked for mentors, for others to speak into their lives,  to allow iron to sharpen iron --  to help them - to mentor them for a season -- THAT is quite all right --- as together, they are seeking God.

That is what we want....we want to join with a sister in prayer  -- for HIS season, until we are strong in HIM and can then ......mentor another.

  But when the day is done -- it really is just between me and Jesus.

You and Jesus.

 We can't look to our husbands, our friends, our mentors for that affirmation - that comes from God. And we can't look to Beth Moore, Lisa Bevere, or another for that affirmation as well.


I know I  'work out my salvation'  day and day out  and I long for the day to hear....'well done by good and faithful servant'.....

I believe in moving forward.  I believe in speaking life.
I am humbled at HOW the Holy Spirit ROCK-ET-ED  IT -  this past weekend and it won't stop.

There is a poet and British philosopher  that stated back in the 19th Century:  If ever there comes a time when the women of the world come together purely and simply for the benefit of mankind, it will be a force such as the world has never known.    ( Matthew Arnold )


THAT is happening.  Now.
We are picking up our Swords --and overcoming.

Amen.


Personal note:   To my leadership team...Barb, thank you for the trust and confidence you placed in my relationship with Christ and the Holy Spirit to give me the freedom to 'lead' this.... To the rest of the leadership team that traveled....  God used EACH and every one of you - this is HIS victory, but we gained a few 'extra stars' in our treasure box in heaven for being obedient, serving, and sacrificing.  I do appreciate your time -- and prayers. 

 To the leadership - Intercessory team -- the ones that stayed in Okeechobee and around the world....that prayed - I know we had prayers from Australia... and from Wisconsin...and I KNOW from other spots...  The intercessory prayer was indeed the key ... God reminded me of that on Sunday morning when several went back to the Cross to HUG Him and leave whatever else was brought to their attention..... HE did this for them.  HE  touched every woman  - Every woman received what she SOUGH HIM for -- IN Jesus name, amen.  - Michelle 


The HOLY Spirit gave this WORD to the ladies on Sunday - HE made the difference!  amen. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!