Monday, April 11, 2016

Prayer for a wife in a HARD Spot - #9

When God moves a mountain....

I understand and realize that sometimes it seems impossible.  "He will never change.".  I hear that and I get that.  But, let me ask you this...."have you changed?".

I think people can change.
I believe that through God, a man can change.
I believe that no matter what -- God has to be the center and the 'control' for our men.

But...  a BIG factor is whether HE loves Jesus or not.
When he does not love Jesus or... no...when he does not LOVE Jesus...  it is quite impossible to believe that he will change.

BUT God...   God loves him still.  I know that is hard to believe, but it is true.  If  He, God,  will love me through my idolatry and allow me the time to get it right with him...I must allow that time for my husband.

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.   2 Peter 3.9


So, what do you say to a beautiful wife  that has come home to face a man - drunk again... the house a total mess.. and then...to top it off, he becomes abusive and hurtful???


Well, I would call the law.
Or I would leave.
Or, I would.....

but first, I would call upon my Heaven Father that is in control to move ...move him or move me... or move....  and SHOW me the answer.  


I don't believe the Lord tells anyone, "yes, You are allowed to leave this marriage".
I do believe that the Lord will provide a way to move forward.

If he won't get sober, if he won't get help and you feel unsafe, you must get away from him.

 Pray for a few days and ask him to leave.

Pray for a few days and look for a place to move to.

Pray for a few days and seek God for the next move.

Meanwhile.... as Jesus says, "go and sin no  more".
 Don't use the situation as an excuse to grieve the Holy Spirit or God.
Watch your mouth, guard what comes out.
 Remember, he is still the father of your children.
 Or... if he isn't,  allow Your children to see you extend grace and mercy even to one that does not deserve it.

 It is important to know and realize this revealation... God loves him as much as He loves you.  

God's Word says,  The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.   2 Peter 3.9

So,   prayer if for a wife in a HARD spot.  


Lord, Your Word says, that if we commit our work to YOU...our plans will be established.  Lord, a beloved daughter of yours is in deep need and pain right now.  She has a husband that continues to abuse himself and a situation.  Lord, another has a husband that won't get out of bed.  Lord, and another has one that just exists in her house but has left the marriage LONG ago.    AND Lord, there is another that loves her man deeply and she knows he needs You and he has no want or desire to get to know you.  So, therefore, basically -- Lord, ALL of these MEN need YOU.  Lord, open their eyes...   Ok Lord, I will say it...  DO What is ever necessary to bring them to a crisis of faith...but don't kill them.  For the hardest of marriages,  remove the husband so she can move forward and stand before you one day and say...   I tried.  Lord, for the one who is struggling to see  ANY good in her husband, remind her - YOU are her husband.  And Lord, for the wife who is ready to give up or give in... Lord, I pray she would remember to seek you -- as I know, You will  ask her to wait ON YOU...  and You will build her strength as she waits on You.  

Lord, may this bring comfort to her - 
I am but a humbled simple lamb - 
IN Jesus name, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!