Thursday, April 14, 2016

Marriage Prayers #11 - In the meantime.... in the GOD time...

  So,  what do you do when your husband is in sin?  
What do you do when your man is unyoked  with you and God? 
What do you do when your man is just OUT Of relationship with his heavenly Father and you?  
What do you do when you know YOU can't go on any  further but God has asked you to HANG in there baby? 

You are still --
 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."  Psalm 46.10
You wait on God --
 Psalms 27:13-14   I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

You pray ---


I believe you STAY quiet -- and you Let God move the mountain.

So.

I will be brief, but there was a time within the timeline of the journey to reconciliation and healing with my husband.  We were separated but I knew God has asked me to be quiet and "let him see me smile - no more crying".     I can't really explain HOW I heard that.   I just knew it.  It was placed into my thoughts by the Holy Spirit and then confirmed by several - my counselor, my bible...and finally at the Pregnancy Gala as I spoke to Mrs. Tebow and I knew.  I got with one of my praying partners afterwards and told her -- with tears.."he has to see my happy".  "he has to see I have Jesus".

Anyway, it was hard.  God had placed that thought in me three weeks prior to that fateful night and I knew.  But then WALKING in that - is the harder part.

So, I got busy in some  'projects'.
I showed up at church all the time when it was open.
I went to a small group - faithfully.
I began a small group - faithfully.
I stayed focused on God and my kids and allowed the Holy Spirit to convict and convince my wayward husband.

I saw wayward - cause at THAT time...that was the ONLY way I could explain the 'why'.  As to WHY would he not want his family?
WHY did he believe that life away from us was better?
WHY?

I know why now....Satan - but that is another blog.

So,  let me give you a bit of advice as to HOW to get a project....

READ from  2 Timothy 4: 1-22.
Take some time to read that.
 I trust and know HS will have you highlight MANY phrases and so forth as you read this a few times.

 1-2 I can’t impress this on you too strongly. God is looking over your shoulder. Christ himself is the Judge, with the final say on everyone, living and dead. He is about to break into the open with his rule, so proclaim the Message with intensity; keep on your watch. Challenge, warn, and urge your people. Don’t ever quit. Just keep it simple.
3-5 You’re going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food—catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. They’ll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages. But you—keep your eye on what you’re doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God’s servant.
6-8 You take over. I’m about to die, my life an offering on God’s altar. This is the only race worth running. I’ve run hard right to the finish, believed all the way. All that’s left now is the shouting—God’s applause! Depend on it, he’s an honest judge. He’ll do right not only by me, but by everyone eager for his coming.
9-13 Get here as fast as you can. Demas, chasing fads, went off to Thessalonica and left me here. Crescens is in Galatia province, Titus in Dalmatia. Luke is the only one here with me. Bring Mark with you; he’ll be my right-hand man since I’m sending Tychicus to Ephesus. Bring the winter coat I left in Troas with Carpus; also the books and parchment notebooks.
14-15 Watch out for Alexander the coppersmith. Fiercely opposed to our Message, he caused no end of trouble. God will give him what he’s got coming.
16-18 At my preliminary hearing no one stood by me. They all ran like scared rabbits. But it doesn’t matter—the Master stood by me and helped me spread the Message loud and clear to those who had never heard it. I was snatched from the jaws of the lion! God’s looking after me, keeping me safe in the kingdom of heaven. All praise to him, praise forever! Oh, yes!
19-20 Say hello to Priscilla and Aquila; also, the family of Onesiphorus. Erastus stayed behind in Corinth. I had to leave Trophimus sick in Miletus.
21 Try hard to get here before winter.
Eubulus, Pudens, Linus, Claudia, and all your friends here send greetings.
22 God be with you. Grace be with you.

Paul wrote this -- very near the END of his death. Can you imagine what would come out of your mouth if you knew your end was near? What would you say? What would you do. Please don't think or take ANY offense to this or allow the enemy to tell you that your end is near...but think.

Think.

Then read Colossians 4.17 "see to it that you complete the ministry you have received in the Lord"... God is going to do what HE is going to do -- but He has asked all of us to do our ministry as well.

 And look at Philippians 2.17... "even if I am poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you".
So even if I am being persecuted... I will rejoice.

So it is time to ask God what YOU can do with HIM while you wait on HIM changing that man of yours.   Take the hands off the problem and release your man to HIM.


Here are some points to consider in asking God about a project:

1. Adopt a succinct life goal.
 My goal, "to hear well done and atta girl from my Lord -- to be Jesus to the ones around me and to help set the captives free".
2. Acquire the appropriate tools.
 My tools -- I GO to where God is moving. I use my ARMOR and I am in MY Word. And... I stay connected and on my knees.
3. Endure the HARD for the sake of the good.


I endure -- I have endured and having a project or a goal helped to pass the time away and I was not so focused on my own problems but on others....  God worked through the girls I met with each Tuesday night!


READ Acts 20: 22-24 -- and note...Paul says, "he would consider his life worth nothing if he finished the race and did not include you"... we must be a part of community.
We can't get around it - we must have relationships with others -- our community.

4.  Embrace the necessity and complexity of community.
Don't be so afraid that you can't deal with your past. 

You need to be attending a church where the bible is preached, souls are being won, and there is FRUIT.  You must not forsake the assembling of yourselfves with the body.  
 Get in a local church!  

Get involved.  



So now - LORD...  for the marriage that is in a crisis...give her strength to HOLD her tongue and totally surrender him to YOU.  Allow her the insight and knowledge to know - YOU are fighting for her and that YOU will win.  Help her to stay quiet.  Provide for her and the kids. 
Show here were you want her to SOW right now....  and give her the means to start. 

Lord, for the one who has had so much church hurt -- that she is paralyzed in her own bed.  She has been kept at bay for too long....  may she RISE up, rebuke the enemy and come alive again and BE in that church body - THIS Sunday... as SHE is needed in this world to stand strong and teach...love on others ...and be filled.   NO man is an island..... 

Lord, impress upon her -- 'she can't do this church thing in her home anymore'.  Lord, impress upon her so her sides ache...  show her she MUCH embrace the community YOU have placed her with -- not to run cause of a 'man' that disappointed her or cause of the 'men' that did....  Lord,  our time is short.  My heart ACHES cause I know that I know - where she needs to be.  BUT she won't listen to me Lord...  this has to be YOU and her. 

Lord, for the other -- she needs strength as he gives her ultimatums - Lord, that she would be still and allow silence to speak for her.  Lord,  she has released him, now I pray she does not pick him back up.  He must fall Lord...as we have prayed....do what is necessary Lord to open those eyes but don't kill him...but also, prepare her as to WHAT to do when he falls.... 

Lord, I know that a steadfast heart and faith can create miracles.   I know Your love covers a multitude  of sins.  Lord, I also pray that these husbands would hear you say, "you are forgiven but GO and sin no more".     BIG prayers God -- YOU are a BIG Lord.   Big dreams...but I know that I know - YOU can fulfill them.  IN Jesus most precious and holy name - amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!