Thursday, September 14, 2017

Prayer #9 - Perspective. Prayers for a Sister in Christ, in Crisis

So, when the Lord placed His  confirmation on these 40 days of prayers -- HE knew Irma was to happen.  He knew where I would be this  past week and He knew EXACTLY where that woman in Crisis is...

In the past week, I have relied on internet services from my brother's home.  I had the Holy Spirit lead and direct the prayers and postings thus far -- but today's  prayer is for me.  Me.    Well, I am sure that one person reading this-- will be able to relate as well.  I am at the airport, a little frustrated because I got 'hosed' by the ticket counter  person and having to spend a little more to get home than I expected -- but then...I have a home to go to.  

We were unable to get the 'long leg' seats and will be squished for the two  hour twenty minute flight to Orlando  -- but then...I have power at my home and will be able to sleep in comfort and have a/c.

As I reflected on the week here in Wisconsin, the enemy was quick to point out how life has "gone on" as if everything was normal and yet my dear friends back home are in such  frustration and some are in peril.  I told the enemy to shut up.

 But one can quickly see how 'life' goes back to normal when the danger has passed.  I overheard my hubby speaking  to a friend back in Okeechobee and his words, "can you imagine what the world will be like once the Christians are taken out of it?  Meaning the Rapture?  Can you imagine the lines for this or that -- or the destruction when a Christian who was flying a plane is raptured  and the plane heads straight for a metropolitan area?"  

Perspective.

In the past six days,  I have experienced great anxiety,  great relief, and peace  and  GIVE all praise to our Lord -- as we did DODGE a bullet.  Watching the TV news from 1400 miles away was just as crazy as if I would of been there.   My son wanted me to just ignore the TV and enjoy family and yet....that was so very hard to do.   One  events  planned for last weekend was a football game.  At the football game, several old classmates and neighbors all smiled and asked HOW we were doing, but as I spoke to one person I said, "It's like knowing your leg is going to be broken...will it be broken above the calf or below...or will I only lose a few toes in the break or removal?".   Weird.  Perspective.

 As I told my dad -- we debated on whether  keeping the flights we had booked some five months ago and then the day before  our last Thursday flight, my husband said, "let's go".

That night ( last week Wednesday )  we walked around our home and little common/park  area and prayed.  Brendan stated, "Lord, we believe we will return as expected to our home in which You are glorified and we will be able to continue to invite friends and family in and be a living testimony of Your grace and mercy!  And Lord, if that is not in Your big plan, then we will return with a positive attitude and still glorify You!".   

As we boarded  last Thursday, received many extra comforts  ( free Leg Room Seats) and sympathies,  and even discounts on meals that day of flight here -- we wondered what we would return too.

When someone asked, I replied, "well, my I am sticking to what my husband prayed and prophesied over our pier when we left and that was..."    So, those that asked...those that cried with me -- knew that God was going to get the glory.

And I cried.  Last Friday was my meltdown.  If you have been reading these posts - you already read that blog/prayer post.


Lord, provide.
This unexpected EXTRA stay in the beautiful Wisconsin Indian summer was indeed a blessing...but my life will NOT go back to normal.  

We have lived through Andrew, Charley, Francis, Jeanie, Matthew and now Irma -- but Irma will not be forgotten.  

Perspective.

One does not live through a hurricane scare and return to normal.



However -- one CAN totally rely on our Heavenly Father and no matter WHAT the outcome....He can bring beauty out of the ashes!  


So as we return and I am literally sitting at the gate, as they call Zone 1 to board --  I continue to believe that no matter what GOD Wins!  

I will also pray for that sister in Christ -- that she is doing well -- staying busy and believing that God will win in her situation as well.  I have checked in with her - but I am unsure if she has power.  But as I conclude and then board the plane...I will ask that indeed -- she is seeking HIS feathers as He covers her -- and me.  Lord, I pray for traveling mercies and prepare me for the work ahead...IN Jesus name.  Amen.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!