Friday, September 8, 2017

Prayer - for ME! Hurricane Irma has me - on my knees.

Day 5 - Prayers for a Sister in Christ in Crisis - myself. 

Some days are harder than others.  Some days all you want to do is give up and give in.  

Don't.  

Pray.  

Seek God.  

So, as I edited and posted this prayer for a sweet woman of God this afternoon -- I found the Holy Spirit tugging at my heart -- as I read and prayed these words -- He reminded me -- 

that I needed them!! 

Today was stressful.  I broke.  When Bren and I awoke today, we prayed for our family and friends and thanked God for His mercy and provision.  We have prayed over our home -- checked in with family and decided to travel ...north ...here to Wisconsin and enjoy the football weekend we had planned some 5 months ago.  

Hunter's  soccer buddy and a sweet young man we love is the field kicker for FAU and the team is playing the Wisconsin Badgers tomorrow.  So, we will enjoy our nephew playing line backer for Watertown High School tonight and head to the Mad City tomorrow and enjoy my family wearing their BADGER gear in the FAU section of Randall Stadium.    

As I opened this blog -- some days are easier than others. 

 Others are harder.  Today was a hard one.   I said I broke.  I went to God, I prayed,  but a simple back handed compliment / comment sent me to the fetal position and I needed to actually feel the hand of God - on me.  Holding me.   

I sought out two women who  hold me accountable and who I can just text and say - help!!   And I asked for prayer.   Then I got on my knees and read Psalm 91.  As tears flowed, mercy was felt.  Then...as my brother came in to check on me - I lost it.  And he prayed.  He was God's hands.  He spoke life.   He rubbed my back and prayed the most perfect prayer and as I cried and released a lot of worry and doubt -- God's hands -- through my brother....eased the burden.  

Cast all cares on Him...

I have seen the hand of God move mightily within His people.  I have felt it myself.   I know what a miracle looks like and feels like....but some days, YOU really don't want to "adult"-- you just want to have someone hold you and tell you - it will be all right!     And then my brother added -- I will come and help you fix up your house if it needs to be rebuilt.  Those simple words -- peace. 

And I felt the Holy Spirit remind me -- it is OK to cry and be a bit  upset and worried.  But now.... allow ME to walk you through this. 

And, the Holy Spirit reminded me -- Jesus was interceding.  

So -- if you have been packing, collecting water, helping to board up your home ---  and looking at your home and wondering ----and watching The Weather Channel----- and you can relate -- then allow God - through a prayer warrior or a family member ....to comfort you.  It is OK to CRY!   

This is hard.  This stress and anxiety is real.  And, even being 1400 miles away -- it does not disappear.  Brendan and I grabbed a vehicle and took a drive.  We went to our first 'home' and visited UWW and then I did some retail shopping at my favorite pottery spot -- but as we tried to escape ANY chatter about Irma... at each store, at the Rocky Rococco's restaurant ...even at the Perkin's at breakfast....Irma was the chatter.  "Dontcha - know".  
  

I always encourage women to read the book of Esther.  She didn't give up and thank God -- hold on.    

 Then I read Psalm 91 again -- verse 10 -- 




  Lord, another dear friend gave me Isaiah 61 at one time.  She told me that I was going to be called  an 'oak of righteousness... a planting of the lord, for the day of HIS splendor'.
 At the time, I just thanked her and said, 'ok'.  I have a little better understanding of that verse now in Isaiah.  Lord, I am humbled  that someone would think my prayers are powerful and that I was righteousness... I am not... YOU are and YOU make me that way when I live for YOU.  But Lord, I have not felt like a tree of righteousness today.  I have felt that I was weak and scared.   Just scared.  

But You LORD -- saw fit to bring us here, this weekend and you Lord have given provision and You have comforted us.  And You will protect us as well. 

  Lord, you have done a planting and a healing in my life and if I can encourage anyone reading this to trust you a little more -- then so be it!   Be that  oak of righteousness for her.  Allow her to be that oak of righteousness to another -- maybe even to her husband if needed.   Lord,  I have claimed protection  in YOUR name for all in the lines of Irma for ALL of Florida. 

 Lord, YOUR word states that you will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated.    We , both Bren and I have come to this verse today and thanked YOU for this word, but we have also declared that our home and our loved ones will have protection from Irma.  Period.  You brought me to this verse:  


Do that Lord.  Place YOUR hands around this storm and NO disaster will come near the tents of YOUR children.    Your children HEAR your voice and YOU speak to them.  

Lord, this afternoon, my own nephew looked at me and asked if I had read the scripture in Luke where Your Word prophesies that great peril will come -- from the ocean.  Again -- YOU waste nothing and a conversation began about Your season Lord... when YOU call Your bride home.  We believe You are close to sounding the trumpet -- but we also see MANY who still need to cry out to you and submit to You.  You -- You alone...the ONLY one who can calm this storm.  So, with that ....I bring my prayer and this blog to a close....

 I know that I know, you heard my cry this am and Holy Spirit comforted.  I thank you for the peace and comfort that has come.  I thank you for the protection Lord and that you are with my dear daughter and loved ones in Okeechobee and around Florida -- including friends that traveled to Tallahassee and family that is in Gainesville ...and of course...our dear fur pet as well, with extended family right there in Okeechobee.  Lord, for each of them, may they read this prayer and know that they know -- they can CAST every care onto you and YOU will provide the 'holding'.  As YOU Lord -- get all the glory in this.  IN Jesus name...  Amen.

When this is all said and done... people will say - God protected them!   

I challenge you to read the book of Esther or even Luke this eve...   

...continued steadfast praise of Our LORD...who will see US through this!   - humbled and going to enjoy some football -- michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!