Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Prayer #15 - Sister in Christ in Crisis - When God speaks.

Adam saw God.   ( Gen 3. 8-9)  Moses met with Him personally.   ( Numbers 12. 6-8) Paul also saw the risen Jesus on the road to Damascus. ( Acts 9)  

God speaks.  God spoke through angels, for example Peter was visited in prison.  ( Acts 5)  In the Old Testament angels appeared to Abraham, Lot, and David and other prophets.   Sometimes God speaks audibly.   A voice from heaven was heard at Jesus' baptism. ( Luke 3)  Paul's heard the audible voice on the road to Damascus ( Acts 9).  A voice was heart by the boy Samuel ( 1Samuel) and on the other occasions in scripture.

God can speak to you while being caught up in the Spirit, in a trance, and in open visions.   But you can also have mental pictures, dreams, or internally hear an expression or just a simple knowing.

God can also speak through our natural senses in a supernatural way.  That is, we received supernatural knowing or understanding that is triggered by something in our natural senses.  Taste, touch, and smell all can produce similar understanding if we are carefully listening to our spirits.

I believe God speaks to me through others as well.  God can bring people in your life for a season.  God can also speak to you through a total stranger.

Where did I get this stuff?   I have some experience where I know that I know God speaks to me, but also I took a 30 week class where we studied many of the characteristics of God.   And, I continue to educate myself with solid teachers that teach from His Word. 

The photo here is of my note page on when God speaks - during that class.   

   In looking at this information, I just marveled at WHAT God has done!

 When I was taking notes in the class, back in 2011,  I was also documenting the different ways God had been speaking to me  and I found this.  I found a list in my journal where I was writing down what I HEARD from God. 

 It was a knowing -- and perhaps it was a voice -- but I knew, it was God. 

Here is a record of my list:

Oct/08  "love him where he is at"
Sept/ 09 "hangith  in there baby -  don't give up " Kay Arthur spoke those words and I knew God had her say that for me! 
July/10 "you never have to explain yourself again - I have him"
July/10 "I will use you with women"
Aug/10 "I will bring him home  BUT he isn't finished  yet"
Feb/11 "9 months was my  ( Chell's)  fixing"
March/11 "be still and wait"
April /11 "hold on do not give up"
April 25, 2011 "I have him -- you can't change him"

And these  were also written down but with no dates next to them. 
 "surrender  -- show him grace and mercy" 
"spiritual warfare  - learn HOW to fight" 
"He can't love you until He loves me first"  

If I think and add to that list, I would add:

August 2014 - "take this to more churches -- go horizontal" 
August 2014 -- "release it again, and wash her feet" 
September 2015 "this was WHY..."
 There is so much more....

Even a few days ago when I was praying for another, I heard, "I placed her there -- she is to be there.  I have her". 




So -

Lord, as this blog is read, I pray that   the one reading this would  continue to dig deep into  (Your ) God's  word.  I pray that  you  ( the one reading this ) are wanting to walk with  God  and  hear His voice.   

  I pray that as you continue to mingle and speak  with spiritually mature people and teachings -- that you can discern the voice of God quickly and allow it to change your thoughts or answer a prayer.  

 I pray  You constantly ASK Him  for more.  You are fighting  for eternity  and  I believe that You will indeed win  this present crisis of faith.   

 And Lord, for the others that need this prayer and reminder --  I pray they expect to be used by You -- and I pray that they will take risks, pray bold prayers for their husband or wayward child, but indeed use scripture to  bind the enemy and loose on earth what is in heaven!   Lord, I pray this would encourage that one reading it -- to wait but also to ask and hear from You.  
.  

Lord, I pray a blessing on my man -- thank you for speaking to me in those times -- holding me, reminding me of Your promise that from way back  -- two years prior to the earthquake  -- you were preparing me and I praise God that I listened and obeyed.   You are using me with women -- God but YOU are doing this.   I do want more still....    I want all of You.  

And Lord, as You gave me a word for another -- I can confirm it in Your Word -- YOU were made for such a time as this.  God knows WHY He has you here and dealing with this present Crisis -- it is for You - so that You can cling to that old rugged cross and that as you continue with the gorrie....the glory will come!   Hang in there.  

In Jesus name - amen.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!