Saturday, September 9, 2017

Prayers - #6 for a Sister in Christ in Crisis - Psalm 91

  Good morn -- God morn 

 It is very surreal here in Wisconsin.  Watching the news from a different perspective.  My hubby and I prayed again this AM for everyone being touched by IRMA and even those who have already weathered her wrath.  Sometimes we do our "ABC prayers".  

That is where we each take a letter of the alphabet and let the Holy Spirit lead and then we pray.  For example....K was Keep -- Keep our son's girlfriend safe in Tallahassee and may she see all that GOD can do through this storm.  X was Extra special....as today is the football game we planned some 4-5 months ago to enjoy as a family. 

 WE will continue to hold all of Florida in our thoughts and prayers but we will also try and enjoy the 69 degree weather and football.  

I have to admit --we watched our son in love ( Jake ) coach his team a few weeks ago.  We battled sweat and rain clouds and mosquitoes.  It was certainly enjoyable last night to sit at a football game and sip on Hot Cider and Hot Chocolate. 

But as we prepare to leave  for the Mad City -- we also prayed for several married couples where we are determined to stand in the gap.  And there are sweet sisters in Christ that just want to have a good day .... and we prayed.  The fact that "we" pray together - is simply a blessing.  The Holy Spirit brought me back to Psalm 91 today -- with the words...."tell her to focus on me".  

So, with that -- I am just posting Psalm 91.  I am posting the Message version.  And.....I ask that if you are reading this, you just read this Psalm out loud.  Allow it to speak to you.  

Weather you are in the middle of Irma stuff or in the middle of  a season with your children, or in a season of uncertainty with your marriage and spouse.....I ask that you play 5 minutes of praise music and allow the words to fill you.  Find the one song that will transport you to His feet.  And then read this Psalm.  And allow God to minister to the needs of your heart and head today.  

For me...there is greater peace as I watched the 5am report.  Our prayer has been that Irma move west and dissipate.... and I believe the HANDS of God  -- are moving!  

May we continue to believe.  I will have power and internet the rest of this weekend....my sweet sister on the other side of this screen may not -- but my prayers will still be posted.  God is going to win in her life.... HE  already has -- as HE has her -- totally submitted to Him.    .....the rest of the turmoil she is experiencing right now ..."just a flesh wound".... it will get better.  

Lord- heal...In Jesus name.  

Now read and let God speak:   

 You who sit down in the High God’s presence,
    spend the night in Shaddai’s shadow,
Say this: “God, you’re my refuge.
    I trust in you and I’m safe!”
That’s right—he rescues you from hidden traps,
    shields you from deadly hazards.


 
His huge outstretched arms protect you—
    under them you’re perfectly safe;
    his arms fend off all harm.


 
Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
    not flying arrows in the day,
Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
    not disaster that erupts at high noon.
Even though others succumb all around,
    drop like flies right and left,
    no harm will even graze you.


 
You’ll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance,
    watch the wicked turn into corpses.

 
Yes, because God’s your refuge,
    the High God your very own home,
Evil can’t get close to you,
    harm can’t get through the door.
He ordered his angels
    to guard you wherever you go.
If you stumble, they’ll catch you;
    their job is to keep you from falling.


 
You’ll walk unharmed among lions and snakes,
    and kick young lions and serpents from the path.

 
 “If you’ll hold on to me for dear life,” says God,
    “I’ll get you out of any trouble.
I’ll give you the best of care
    if you’ll only get to know and trust me.
Call me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times;
    I’ll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I’ll give you a long life,
    give you a long drink of salvation!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!