Friday, September 8, 2017

Prayer #5 for a Sister in Christ in Crisis - be an Oak of Righteousness

Day 5 - Prayers for a Sister in Christ in Crisis -

Some days are harder than others.  Some days all you want to do is give up and give in.  

Don't.  

Pray.  

Seek God.  

I always encourage women to read the book of Esther.  She didn't give up and thank God -- hold on.  Here is the prayer for today. 


And, I might add, if these prayers are HITTING you right where they need to be  -- and you figure that you are not the 'secret sister' that I am writing these for -- then stop now.  And tell the enemy -- he is a liar.  These are written and posted with Holy Spirit speaking, whether you were specifically on my heart when I typed this - does not matter -- God knows and He will use anything and everything to try and get you to see -- He is enough and He cares.  Let God fill you today -- pray this and ask to be a oak of righteousness! 


  Lord,  I am praying today, as today is Day #5 of the 40 days of prayer for my secret sister.  Lord, another dear friend gave me Isaiah 61 at one time.  She told me that I was going to be called  an 'oak of righteousness... a planting of the lord, for the day of HIS splendor'.

 At the time, I just thanked her and said, 'ok'.  I have a little better understanding of that verse now in Isaiah.  Lord, I am humbled  that someone would think my prayers are powerful and that I was righteousness... I am not... YOU are and YOU make me that way when I live for YOU.

  Lord, you have done a planting and a healing in my life and if I can encourage my sweet friend to hang in there..that she too can be an oak of righteousness...then I want to share that.  Lord,  I have claimed healing in YOUR name for her.  Healing in her broken heart and healing in her marriage.    And when she is past this, when she is beyond this, she will look back and see how YOU did a planting in her life.

 Lord, YOUR word states that you will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated.  Do that... she is hurting,  she has been hurting for a bit and YOU can rebuild.  Rebuild her life, rebuild her faith, rebuild her desire for that expression of love, rebuild the faith she had in YOU once, rebuild the relationships that have been severed, just rebuild.  Lord, I thank you.  Lord, I consider it an honor and privledge to pray on her behalf.

 I know that I know, you will heal her.  I pray that today as she reads this, she will see you in a new an amazing way.  Amen.

No comments:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how this touched you . . . thanks!